It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman Shoots Others, Self at Louisiana Technical College

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Woman Shoots Others, Self at Louisiana Technical College

www.foxnews.com

BATON ROUGE, La. — Baton Rouge police say a young woman killed two female students at Louisiana Technical College, then killed herself.

Sergeant Don Kelly said police don't know the women's names or ages, or whether the killer was also a student at the school.

He said the first two women killed apparently were in their seats in the second-floor classroom.

The incident occurred shortly after 8:30 a.m.

Kelly says Baton Rouge police got many cell phone calls saying people had been shot.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
2 multiple shootings in one day on the news. Why are people flipping out so much in America?

This is sad and my heart goes out to the family of the victims.

www.foxnews.com

[edit on 8-2-2008 by Digital_Reality]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

weren't there two shootings yesterday as well
oh well crazy people what are you gonna do

you can't punish the many for the actions of the few..

respectfully
GEO

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by geocom

Yeah but its not too often that you hear of a woman shooter. I'm curious to hear what happened as new news develops.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality
reply to post by geocom

Yeah but its not too often that you hear of a woman shooter.

True. Yesterdays shooting in Missouri was done by a black guy. That breaks the flip-out mass murderer mold as well.

No more FBI profile of the middle-aged white male I guess.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Something strange is definitely going on. Something is making all these people do these out of the ordinary things. I'm wondering if any of these people have a history of mental illness and if they don't then a Red flag should definitely be thrown up.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Digital_Reality

2 mass shootings in one day on the news. Why are people flipping out so much in America?

This is sad and my heart goes out to the family of the victims.

www.foxnews.com

3 people shot .. one being a suicide.. is not a "mass killing". . and I would bet the victim and killer knew eachother.

"mass killing"

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

www.fbi.gov...

Notice there is no African-Americans on that.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

What he said ^^ This happens every time theres a war. Don't get all surprised.
Violence begets violence. Plain and simple. You tell people its ok to kill to get what they want . And thats what they will do .

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Uh yeah there is William Willingham but I see your point most of them are white guys..

Respectfully
GEO

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Ok, what number constitutes a mass killing? Maybe I used the word mass incorrectly but I thought 3 or more were considered mass.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Frantz Dieudonne on the bottom left. What does that have to do with anything?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

When the dust settles on this one, I have a feeling we'll find that this particular instance was not random and that they all knew each other. Its getting national media exposure because it happened on a college campus.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Ok I changed it to multiple.
I don't want to blow it out of proportion or over exaggerate.
Goodness knows we have enough of that in the media already.

My apologies.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

Have you got some stats to back that up?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

I agree, I think this female had a agenda and she flipped on the two people that was killed. I highly doubt it was random.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Digital_Reality

Well said

I would have left it at well said but earlier today I had to take a phone call and accidentally clicked submit on a topic and got docked 20 points for it as they claim it was a one liner

I have requested my points back and explained what happened but I have not seen response yet how governmental of the Moderators hear no evil speak no evil...

Respectfully
GEO

[edit on 2/8/2008 by geocom]

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Officers ran into the building within four minutes of the first 911 call, which came at 8:36 a.m., he said.

"There was mass pandemonium, people running," Kelly said. "One officer -- the first into the classroom -- told me he could still smell gunpowder."

The students' names and ages were not immediately released, and it was not clear whether the shooter also was a student.

The school offers classes in a dozen subjects including early childhood education, practical nursing, drafting and welding.

Link

Here is a source I found that elaborates a little more on what happened.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR

www.ojp.usdoj.gov...

Browsing the FBI's historical data on murders and murder rates, we've actually been a little below average in recent years compared to the previous 35-40 as a whole. In fact, if there's a trend, based on that data it seems that murders are higher during economic recessions and usually peak during the worst years. And that makes sense. If you've got a stressed out populace that can't keep food on the table or a roof over their family's head, a few of them inevitably are going to snap.

That's probably not the root cause here, however.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I see the point that she may have targeted these two other students because of a possible vendetta but, going to a college,workplace,post office and shooting people is not normal behavior.I would venture to guess that many of these people have no criminal background.All these violent acts are bringing to mind some aspects of the movie The Manchurian Candidate.

[edit on 8-2-2008 by CaptGizmo]

new topics

top topics

join