It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 10 Lost Tribes . . . ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Ever since learning of the 10 lost tribes, I have been interested in them. I have been reading everything I can find on the subject.

Does anyone have anything that can totally debunk this theory, or should I run with it?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Do you have like more info on what this is? I've never heard of any lost tribes, especially not 10 of them.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Hi xpigxx/

Which 10 lost tribes are you looking for?
There are so many!
Here in Australia there are many Aboriginal tribes(there was a great documentary on last week on ABC tv!)
But I'm guessing you don't want to know about that tribe!
If you are referring to the 'lost tribes of Israel, then you are a little too late.
I believe they have all been found!
The last, from what I can remember reading/or watching a documentary was found to be in Ethiopia...not quite sure though, so anyone here can correct me if I'm right or wrong...

IX
helen

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I am in fact talking about the 10 lost tribes of Israel

Helen:

If you are referring to the Steven M. Collins book, I have yet to read it. DO you have any more info?

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Hi again/

Well I haven't really read much more into it, it was a few years back that I do remember coming across it....Your best bet would be to do a search on the internet, or maybe go to a library.
I'm sorry I can't help you any more then that But,
I'm sure you will get another member here at ATS who will be much more informative in the matter!
Take care,

If I may ask, is this to do with prophecy of some kind or are you just interested in Lost tribes?
anyway,
I'm pretty sure members here will help.

IX
helen

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

for something less that actual accredited historical record,
you might try searching 'Herbert W Armstrong'
or else the 'worldwide church of god'

but i go even further fringe than his analysis,

i have an idea that the indigenous peoples of the levant and palestine
are some or a couple of former Israelite tribes from the ancient northern kingdom... who got worldly-wise after the assyrian captivity release &
/or
the babylonian captivity...(which was90% associated with the captivity of the kingdom of Judah) but others living among but seperate from the Jew & Levites could have been taken as slaves also and later released...

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
There's a good study about the ten tribes in "A Woman Rides The Beast" by Dave Hunt. Don't get the DVD, because it costs the same, but, doesn't have the same material. It's 15$ from The Berean Call website.

Also The Merovingians believe they descend from the tribe of Dan.

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Check out the Lemba tribe from zimbabwe. Claim to be decendants or possibly one of the ten lost tribes. Theres a heap of other good information if you google lemba tribe.

mojo

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Somebody please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but the lost tribes of Israel were never completely found. In all likelihood the people that made up these tribes were for the most part absorbed into other ethnic groups in the Near East.

There are some pockets of peoples that are scattered thoughout Asia and Africa that are Jews or at least claim to be decended from Jews. These people are not necessarily decendents of the tribes that were "lost" during the Biblical diaspora. For example, the Falasha of Ethiopia are not decendents from people fleeing the Biblical diaspora. The Lemba of Africa claim to come from a place called "Sena" which may make them decedents of Yeminite Jews from Sana, Yemen and not a lost tribe.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Somebody please feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but the lost tribes of Israel were never completely found. In all likelihood the people that made up these tribes were for the most part absorbed into other ethnic groups in the Near East.

There are some pockets of peoples that are scattered thoughout Asia and Africa that are Jews or at least claim to be decended from Jews. These people are not necessarily decendents of the tribes that were "lost" during the Biblical diaspora. For example, the Falasha of Ethiopia are not decendents from people fleeing the Biblical diaspora. The Lemba of Africa claim to come from a place called "Sena" which may make them decedents of Yeminite Jews from Sana, Yemen and not a lost tribe.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
xxpigxx,

I think this might help.

In 722 BCE the Assyrians under Shalmaneser V and then under Sargon II conquered the northern Kingdom of Israel, destroyed its capital Samaria and sent the Israelites into exile and captivity in Khorason, now part of eastern Iran and western Afghanistan. The Ten Lost Tribes are those who were deported. In Jewish popular culture, the ten tribes disappeared from history, leaving only the tribes of Benjamin, Judah and Levi to become the ancestors of modern day Jews.

I could be wrong, but have never read anything about these tribes returning to Israel. Most likely they were absorbed into local society in Babylon.

In 586 BCE the nation of Judah was conquered by Babylon. About 50 years later, in 539 BCE, the Persians (who had recently conquered Babylon) allowed Jews to return to Jerusalem and rebuild the Temple. By the end of this era, members of the tribes seem to have abandoned their individual identities in favor of a common one.

After these two events it begs the question of how many of these could actually claim to be full JEWS. Also, how much of the original Jewish customs would have survived.

You can find the full article here:

en.wikipedia.org...

cormac

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

conspiracy wise:
your link shows at 1 point there is reference to the radio church of G-D.this no longer exists as such and the succesor of it the worldwide church of G-D destroyed all books and reference by the origional founder after his death in 1986 concerning the 10 tribes of the northern kingdom of israel however i believe he herbert w armstrong and his son garner ted armstrong were correct in this regard of who are the people and countries of those 10 tribes.namely the usa,england and british commonwealth countries and north west europe.
authors by the names of j.h.allen (judah's sceptre & josephs birthright) and helen koppejan(strange parallel-zebulon,tribe of israel-holland) also have written books on this subject.

top topics

join