It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Need a Job... I Need Help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I'll make this brief...

I just graduated college with the most boring degree you can get, business admin...

Now I'm on the job search and don't want any of the jobs listed on career builder etc.

I have a big imagination, creative, and starting a graphic design business with my buddy, but i need a real job too...
I'm ok with traveling, the business i'm starting is virtual anyway, so as long as i have a laptop im fine...

Ive been on ATS for too long and now I want a job hunting UFOs or something of that nature which is NOT a boring business job...
I don't want to become a robot.

any ideas on where I can pick up an interesting job?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
so why did you go to college for a business admin degree if its not what interests you?
it seems like a lot of time, money and skills that will be wasted?

researching UFO's will cost you more money than it makes unless you can get the most perfect encounter on video and flog it off to the highest bidder, and even then its probably not going to get you what you want.

unless you want to become a raving lunatic with BS stories nobody believes but makes a good movie.

if you want an interesting job you should have studied something that DID interest you.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
thanks.
the lunatic thing sounds fun...

Truth is, i didnt know what i wanted to do.
I would have left school but my parents wanted me to get a degree...

SO i went with something that is pretty open to any field of work.
That and most of my friends were in the same field.

I enjoyed going to school though... some of the best years of my life and i wouldnt trade that for anything.

Luckily, i can always get a job that interests me now, that doesnt require a degree and save my degree for something else later down the road.

If i had it all figured out b4 school that would have been helpful... but i didnt

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
actually. I think im just gonna move out to the west coast and get another degree in something i wanna do.

so yeah, nvm.

thread closed lol

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
good luck with whatever you choose, i hope it earns you some good coin.

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I was/am in the same boat as you. After I graduated, had no clue what I wanted to do and had a management degree, got a job as a teller which is really no big deal and have been involved volunteering in some things in my community. It's been about 9 months that I've just been working and no school, but I'm starting to get a better idea of myself and what I want to do. I'm already mentally ready to go back to school and work towards my master's degree, and more excited about my future. I never thought I'd be saying that I was making progress, as far as knowing what I wanted to do with myself.

posted on Feb, 10 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

Hey!
Thanks for the post.
I think what Ive decided on is working for about 6 months and going back to school for another major.
I figured it would take 2 years for my masters, or 2 years for another major since i have all my gen eds done and all.
anyway, hopefully this will open up the array of jobs i might in the future, I just dont want to feel like I'm wasting my life becoming a robot.

When I first became a business major, all i really cared about was money, but i was young and naive and have changed dramatically this last year. Now i would rather be happy with my life, relax a little about money, and feel that im making a positive change.

I know that all my experiences will pay off in the end.

I wish you the best of luck in the future, Its good to know theres someone else out there in the same boat.

top topics

join