It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Obama be assasinated?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by csulli456

I couldn't agree more. Been in the same situations, reacted much the same way, felt bad about it after.
I like some of what Obama's selling too... just think there is no way the "old guard" in America are going to let the people buy it.
You've just stated my thoughts in a much more eloquent manner, and I am grateful.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   

imho opinion comedy is comedy... to me it does not matter if the joke is about, black people, impoverished people..a joke is a joke and if we start censoring topics then comedy may as well take a running leap........ if its funny then its funny .. it is only truely weak people that refuse to find amusement in what is funnny (in our eyes.)

but this is only what it is a joke ... funny material meant to amuse the masses. we must be all able to laugh at ouselves, otherwise we are lost before we even begin.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
i have been thinking about this for a while now, Obama looks a good candidate, he may even have a chance of winning ...but would the KKK accept such a thing happening?

In essence do you think if Obama was close to the presidency, do you think that the KKK or at least the hardcore remnants of the KKK would ever allow this to happen? i personaly think their would be an atempt on his life if this situtation arose.

I like his views, or at least what he says in public speeches (i am from the UK so have limited exposure to the topic).

But if it looked like he was near to taking control of the U.S.A, then some extreme people may attempt to interfere with the democratic process.

Do you all think this is possible or am i just worried about problems that arose in times gone by that no longer exist in such a diverse country?

I think the biggest thing to worry about is the civilians that surrond all of the candidates. To be a candidate and have that much civilian contact takes serious kahoonas. They all seem unruley and putting the candidates in danger.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by cbianchi513

I couldn't agree more. Been in the same situations, reacted much the same way, felt bad about it after.
I like some of what Obama's selling too... just think there is no way the "old guard" in America are going to let the people buy it.
You've just stated my thoughts in a much more eloquent manner, and I am grateful.

who is that in the picture on your avatar

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Flemish peasant woman

godverdomme woman!! sry i couldnt resist!!!!! .. i have been all over europe, and i have learned some of the local coloqualism's

yet the question still remains and if you post in this thread i would ask you , your personal opinion...do u think that the current state of america would allow the first black president?

i lived in leuven for quite a while so i am not completely in the dark when discussing such situations. (even tho i am based in the U.K)

[edit on 7/2/08 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by cbianchi513

I`m glad to see we share the same views.

Thank you for the compliment as well.
As for "old guard" am I right in presuming you are referring to the Rothchilds and/or the Bilderberger group as well as any other power elite who have a stronghold on the politicians?

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Dream world? You're voting for Ron Paul, who's living in a dream world?

On second thought, I am living in a dream world. A world where we don't have to go to war without the approval of the people and that of congress. I dream of a world where my brother doesn't have to be in a hell hole like Iraq for the sake of collecting a debt for the US corporations and the politicians that facilitate them. I dream of a world where we actually CARE about the environment and the damage we do that WILL hurt future generation. I dream about having a job in my field that doesn't pay me a dirt wage because some guy in India will do it cheaper, but not better. I dream of a world where we actually care about famine and genocide and DO something about it rather than make excuses. I dream because dreams can be realized, and often are. I dream because somebody has to in a world full of cynicism and indifference. I dream because sometimes that all I feel like I have left.

And I'm not alone.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Dream world? You're voting for Ron Paul, who's living in a dream world?

On second thought, I am living in a dream world. A world where we don't have to go to war without the approval of the people and that of congress. I dream of a world where my brother doesn't have to be in a hell hole like Iraq for the sake of collecting a debt for the US corporations and the politicians that facilitate them. I dream of a world where we actually CARE about the environment and the damage we do that WILL hurt future generation. I dream about having a job in my field that doesn't pay me a dirt wage because some guy in India will do it cheaper, but not better. I dream of a world where we actually care about famine and genocide and DO something about it rather than make excuses. I dream because dreams can be realized, and often are. I dream because somebody has to in a world full of cynicism and indifference. I dream because sometimes that all I feel like I have left.

And I'm not alone.

No, you are far from alone.

This is the kind of rhetoric that we should pay more attention to as a society.
We all need to wake up a little and see how it is an actual possibility that the world is like a big game board for a few and we are all just pawns until we can overcome what they have diluted our visions with.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

lets be honest secretly you all would like ron paul to win ..hell i would...

but its never going to happen that particular boat has already sailed. lets all try to make the best of a worse situation.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

but its never going to happen that particular boat has already sailed. lets all try to make the best of a worse situation.

Ron has great ideas, but he's a bad public speaker and often makes himself look like a kook. Even though he makes sense, his rhetoric is hysterical(not the funny kind but the crazy kind). This does no win elections. But no, I do not want to vote for him, and I wouldn't. The situation is better than it has been is few decades. Record turn out, candidates we can be exited about, KIDS are showing up to vote(18 years and such I mean). It's not a worse situation, it's a precarious one, but not worse.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   

like i said in a previous post .. i personally think the U.S.A is desperate for a change , and the first black pres or the first women pres would make an iimediate impact.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Indeed you are not alone.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Spirits fly on dangerous missions
Imaginations on fire
Focused high on soaring ambitions
Consumed in a single desire

In the grip of a nameless possession-
A slave to the drive of obsession-
A spirit with a vision
Is a dream with a mission...

…But dreams don't need to have motion,
to keep their spark alive
Obsession has to have action,
pride turns on the drive

It's cold comfort
To the ones without it
To know how they struggled-
How they suffered about it

If their lives were exotic and strange
They would likely have gladly exchanged them
For something a little more plain
Maybe something a little more sane

We each pay a fabulous price
For our visions of paradise
But a spirit with a vision

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistor

Imaginations on fire

A spirit with a vision

pride turns on the drive

It's cold comfort
To the ones without it

I'm glad I'm not alone in this. I find it prudent to meet outdated prejudices and pessimistic outcomes in a hopeful manner. Because it is hoping, and DOING, and believing and dreaming that makes the good of this world oh, so good.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

I agree he is a worthy candidate, so why is it that we, ordinary folk can`t quite seem to get it right when electing our government officials? I mean, I can find some good in anybody and as much as everyone hates Bush, I kind of admire him for his ability to help keep us safe from terrorists, unless he is merely a puppet and knows it, or unless he is actively deceiving us for his own personal interests. I can`t be sold either way because it is just too hard to tell from where I stand.

But one thing I can tell is that Ron Paul takes a much different approach from the rest of the candidates and they fear someone like him. The big corporations who own the news channels and such do their best to keep the public misinformed and keep the focus on those who they have in their pocket.

It is the same situation with Obama. He represents massive change and honorably will not except payoffs and bribes. So again I ask why can`t the majority of the general population see the huge difference? We just keep electing the same types of politicians, be it democrats or republicans, they are all the same, money hungry and power thirsty.

The reason why Obama has a real chance and is so appealing is the fact that he does not get as specific as Paul. He settles to represent change without admitting to the general conspiracies within government.

The power elite want neither in power but with the momentum and support that Obama has, he is truly in danger.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   

i agree with you, i can only tell you of the experiences i have had in th U.K, but ron paul has never been mentioned here, if it was not for ATS i wouldn't even know who ron paul was... sad very sad...

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:41 PM
link   

like i said in a previous post .. i personally think the U.S.A is desperate for a change , and the first black pres or the first women pres would make an iimediate impact.

I think it is coincidence that the American people want change and that there is an African American and a woman destined to be the democratic nominee.

Yes most want change but it goes far deeper then origin and sex.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by resistor

Imaginations on fire

A spirit with a vision

pride turns on the drive

It's cold comfort
To the ones without it

I don`t mean to get off topic, but I just wanted to compliment you on an amzing talent. Don`t stop, it is talent like this that can be turned into inspiration.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   

i agree with you, i can only tell you of the experiences i have had in th U.K, but ron paul has never been mentioned here, if it was not for ATS i wouldn't even know who ron paul was... sad very sad...

That is incomprehendable in this day and age. With the support he has, he is completely ignored because he is unwanted by the powerful and wealthy.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:45 PM
link   
There is already a discussion underway on this topic: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add your thoughts to the existing thread.

Closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join