It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens and UFOs Cases/

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Someone67

Very well stated. The idea that human beings should relegate themselves to the intellectual capacity of barbarism in the face of alien contact is just plain short-sighted. I don't like it when people talk about the human race as though we've accomplished nothing. As though everything we've done for ourselves is a joke. Remember that any sufficiently advanced race of beings would have gone through it's preliminary period of early understanding as we are today. And I don't know about you, but this isn't something I consider too daunting for humans. This is something I get excited about because humans are intelligent, and there is no reason why concepts put forth by other beings couldn't be understood by us. We have brains. And yes we do use them. It is unfair to cast humanity into the afterglow of primitive thought. We are not that creature any more. And every day we can see the example of this. I hope everyone else wakes up to this idea. Being human does not mean being barbaric, and incapable of grasping higher knowledge. It's about time Terrans started taking pride in ourselves, and pride in our accomplishments. It does no one no good to deny the validity of our achievement in light of the achievements of others in our Galactic Community.

Just food for thought. Try not devaluing the human race in contrast to alien races. Part of meeting aliens as diplomats includes meeting them as proud Terrans with million year history and heritage behind us. Such an attitude will allow us to identify what is best of the human race, and we can then begin to put our best foot forward.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Are you saying that our history is something we should be proud of when we meet a race that has long since passed that era of their development. And would probably shun the things we have done throughout the millenia. I woudn't give away too much.

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Someone67

Are you saying that our history is something we should be proud of when we meet a race that has long since passed that era of their development. And would probably shun the things we have done throughout the millenia. I woudn't give away too much.

Shame is a huge part of the reason why our species can't get over some of it's problems. We always fall short of ridiculous expectations. But that doesn't mean that nothing came out of those things. The lessons we learn will carry us into the future, and we can't be ashamed of who we are, because that would remove all chance to realize our true potential as a species. We should be proud. Proud of our accomplishments and the mistakes that led to them. Without that we are nothing. I just don't understand why people sell our species so short of it's potential. By constantly proclaiming that we are primitive and incapable of understanding we effectively make the human race less aware of itself, let alone the rest of the universe. I always wonder why we celebrate such ignorance.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Well dude, it's a matter of comfort levels and comfort zones. People aren't comfortable with a. Being an experiment b. Being told they're petty BS is actually petty c. profit. profit. profit.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Someone67

Well dude, it's a matter of comfort levels and comfort zones. People aren't comfortable with a. Being an experiment b. Being told they're petty BS is actually petty c. profit. profit. profit.

Yes well I do believe my original post covered those topics(with all due respect). Go back and review the post. I can assure you I covered these topics. Not to any great extent but I did outline a potential framework for mitigating these circumstances.

We may be an experiment to aliens, but I'm afraid we have little to no evidence of this claim, and even though a few things hint at it, I'm afraid hints just aren't enough to convince anyone.

It's not that people need to be convinced that their BS is petty, people know this, but they use other forms of BS to cover it up. The idea here is to get rid of the reasons why people feel the need to lie about themselves and the world around them. And that mechanism is often shame to one degree or another.

There's alot of profit in disclosure. We could power this planet at a reasonable price and turn a huge profit every year.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join