It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharia law in UK is 'unavoidable'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Global consciousness
Personally - I am 1 of many many thousands who would die before
the UK became shira law - Thousands upon thousands
We may be silent now.........................

My question to you and your many thousands is, what are you waiting for?

If your archbishop is making it sound like it's too late or almost too late, it would seem that the time for you to act to protect your rights and your country is now!

In some ways it seems to be 1940 all over again - except that this time the invaders have already come ashore in the UK. Too bad Churchill is long gone.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
GC dislikes Muslims because of the teachings, beliefs and actions of Muslims. (I am not saying I agree with him)

There is a massive difference.

GS dislikes Muslims because of the propagandised Babylonian media version of typical teachings, beliefs, and actions of Muslims.

The more they can divide. The more they can conquer.

Perhaps the crazy towelheads would go back to their own country if the self righteous non-muslim nations stopped bombing, occupying, and installing puppet dictators their homelands.

Sri Oracle

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
You can't have two different court systems in one country. One of the defining aspects of a country is it's legal system. All citizens and visitors must obey the same laws.

If you don't agree with the legal system of your country, then perhaps it is you who should find another country.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
Now I am not trying t sound rude but maybe the UK could take come lessons from France. I think the population of Muslims in France is well over 25%, I almost want to say it is close to 50%.

It's actually just under 4%, whereas the UK is just under 2% Muslim. The French are very protective of their culture, probably more so than the UK as they feel more threatened (everyone speaks English, but no one speaks French....
)

[edit on 7/2/08 by stumason]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by LoneWeasel

The Archbishop Of Cantebury is not the head of The Church Of England, Queen Elizabeth 11 is.

OK, but he's the deputy head. Thanks for the pedantry, though.

The dear old Archbishop is a puddled old man with little or no influence and is a relic of a bygone era whose attempts to appear relevant today just further alienate him and all that he stands for from the majority of British people.
He would be better off finding out what the cares and concerns of the British people really are.

I disagree. I don't know what a "puddled old man" is, but Rowan Williams is anything but a relic. He is a cultured, academically superb, thoughtful, well-reasoned individual with an extremely good understanding of society and the spirituality, or lack of it, within that society. He has demonstrated that interest and understanding over a number of years.

Rather than just dismiss everything he says as nonsense, why not engage with the points he makes? What about his attitude to creationism? Or homosexuality? Or abortion? Or Islamic influence, in relation to this thread?

For what it's worth, I don't agree with his position on any one of the issues I've listed above. But I don't consider myself qualified to suggest that a man who has made studying such issues his life's work, and has done so with huge dignity too, should keep his opinions to himself.

What you mean is that his office is of no relavance to you and a large number of people isn't it? Fair enough, but don't dismiss his knowledge out of hand. His influence can be demonstrated by the fact we're talking about what he's said, surely? If you were that disengaged from his views, why click on the thread?

LW

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneWeasel

No offense was intended Lone Weasel, I apologise if I came across in a pedantic manner.
I was merely trying to dispel a common held myth of people who may not be as aware of British social structures and oddities.

I take an active interest in most social issues and as such I posted my opinion on a man who has no relevance on the lives of the many people I meet in my day to day life.

Is it to the detriment that spiriuality is taken less and less seriously within British society?
No, I don't think, so but I do recognise the role it plays in the lives of an increasingly minority percentage of the population.

The vast majority of British people will be unaware of just who is The Archbishop Of Cantebury and what his role is.
I do find that dis-heartening.
Maybe describing him as "puddled" was a bit unjust but he is still out of touch with society despite how considered and reasoned his opinion is.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by Freeborn]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Wow I am stunned, I just made a HUGE generalization and judgment without even realizing I was doing it, and you have corrected me. I was referring to the huge population of north Africans living in France and labeled them as "Muslim", my mistake.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Hey, no worries

In the urban area's, it probably looks like 25% of the population are Muslim or what have you, but go into rural France and it's totally different, just like being in the 1800's....

I swear, you half expect to see an Army of Imperial Guard march past on their way to another spanking by the Duke of Wellington, it's that French.....

Edit: Same applies here in the UK. In the large Urban centres, it does look like Englishness has been destroyed and replaced, but go out of town to the country and we're still very much there and in the majority.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Exactly! I starred your post.

What is this BS about saying the citizens feel a contradiction between cultural law and state law.

If you don't like the state law... then leave, plain and simple.

And the fact that a Religious official is saying this only reeks of the desire of the Churches to take over again.

I can easily see a Islamic/Catholic alliance to impose religious rule and do away with secular rule.

My God what a brave new world we live in.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Thank you very kindly for setting my image of the world straight, well at least a little straighter!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I am 25 years old, an artist/author/photographer and company director, and I live in the West Midlands. I for one would be prepared to take up arms and fight, even if it meant tearing the UK apart, in order to prevent Sharia law or any other Islamic ways being eshrined in UK law.

My head says that hummanity is surely beyond fairy tale religion by now, and I look around and see that most of the UK are leaving it far behind. Then I see a growing dark cloud on the horizon - Islam - and I fear it will drag us all back to the dark ages.

Islam is spreading. No one can debate that. It already has far more power in the UK than it democratically should do. Last time I checked only 2-3% of the population were Muslims... yet look at the power they already have. I firmly believe that if they get to 10% of the population they will try and introduce some Islamic law.

Muslims in the UK tend to congregate in urban areas - thus distorting their true numbers and giving them a much larger voice than they deserve.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by artistoli

They do have a disproportionate amount of MP's compared to their population, but as was said in another thread, they all DO go out and vote, and vote for their man too. Keith Vaz, for example.....

Labour, the governing party, panders to Muslims, as well as other groups, because they rely on the urban population for support, which has a large Non-British population..

Look at a map of the country for the last election and there is a clear divide between Rural england and the Urban centres as to what parties get elected.

Uk General Election

Also, notice how the Tories polled only 3% less of the popular vote, but have 20% less seats.... Our electoral system is fudged up....

Although, the Tories made some in roads last time round, for example, East Reading fell in 2005 to them, after around a decade as Labour, even though it has a substantial Muslim population, who traditonally don't vote conservative as it's only Labour who'll pander to the minorities.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by artistoli
I am 25 years old, an artist/author/photographer and company director, and I live in the West Midlands. I for one would be prepared to take up arms and fight, even if it meant tearing the UK apart, in order to prevent Sharia law or any other Islamic ways being eshrined in UK law.

My head says that hummanity is surely beyond fairy tale religion by now, and I look around and see that most of the UK are leaving it far behind. Then I see a growing dark cloud on the horizon - Islam - and I fear it will drag us all back to the dark ages.

Islam is spreading. No one can debate that. It already has far more power in the UK than it democratically should do. Last time I checked only 2-3% of the population were Muslims... yet look at the power they already have. I firmly believe that if they get to 10% of the population they will try and introduce some Islamic law.

Muslims in the UK tend to congregate in urban areas - thus distorting their true numbers and giving them a much larger voice than they deserve.

This is exactly the reason why all Theocratic Islamic States should be mandated to be dismantled and replaced with some other sort of system.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quazga This is exactly the reason why all Theocratic Islamic States should be mandated to be dismantled and replaced with some other sort of system.

Isn't that just a little arbitrary? What about theocratic Jewish states? Is the Vatican a theocratic Christian state? Gonna knock the Pope down a peg or two?

There's people say that the US is turning into a theocracy. God tells George Bush to bomb stuff, right? Him next?

This might work when you're King but meanwhile, I don't favour your chances at getting this dog to hunt.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Just after stating that I was enjoying this thread, I had to give out warnings. I hope that everyone can see that this thread will NOT degenerate into name calling and rage.

Discuss the subject without baiting others and without nasty little names being used. Consider this all the warning in a general way that this thread will get. The next warning will have another red sticker.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Here's the latest from the BBC website.

BBC NEWS

It would seem the Archbishop hasn't won many friends from any of the political parties with his comments.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by artistoli

I myself am 24 self employed and from the west midlands. And I do agree I would take to arms before any sharia law came into action. England has lost its sence of britishness and this is partially to the fault of the british people. All sence of togetherness has been lost, We just never celebrate our culture any longer.

Split laws would never work anyway, As you would have law hoppers who would want to face different laws for crimes they had committed to get a lesser sentance. And they would be able to as they would be allowed to because the human rights people who would be having a field day.

As I feel the GREAT being drawn away from GREAT BRITAIN and the feeling that everyday we are getting closer to losing our country I hope that our great citizens will stand up soon and take it back, But I fear that it will never happen and my great great grandchildren will be hearing what britain was like in the 20th century as we heard about the romans.

If you just leave your head down ignoring whats going on around you while you have your head in the clouds focusing on your own little world whilst all this goes on and then one day when it ventures into your own life it will be too late, You wount have a say. You may of felt safe in your own little world thinking that if you just ignore it, It will go away and do nothing hoping others will take action for you, That will be the day you think to yourself, I should have taken a stand.

Sorry the above post was not submitted when I wrote this reply.

[edit on 7-2-2008 by theukman]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by theukman

Living in London I see the opposite of the great you say that's being taken away, I see the multicultral britain as a the Great thing, of course there are bad things that come with it, but it brings the world together, it brings all cultures, people together and we can all learn from each other, plus you get to experience all kinds of girls haha
. We are all the same, we are all humans.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Grenade

I am afraid that I think the Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams ought to resign. He has handled the fracturing of the Anglicans very poorly and he has done nothing to promote home evangelisation.

While I think he is a brilliant man, he seems totally unaware of the impact of his various pronouncements.

[edit on 7/2/08 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I agree that it is good to have broad arizons, But it comes to something when during England football matches I can't fly the flag of my own country, The one I live in and support because I live in a council property and somebody called my local council office up to complain, and then they came around to ask me to take it down as it was offending somebody, And me being me not wanting to disclude anybody else I hung another one out the bedroom window so people could see it from the back aswell as the front.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join