It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

initiated...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Thanks to everyone for the support especially, MasonicLight, LightinDarkness, romanowski, AugustusMasonicus, and everyone else who's posts helped me make the decision to continue. I was initiated last night and it was nothing like I expected. I feel very good about my decision and proud that I was able to make it this far. It is comforting to know that there are people I met who are there to help me along my way. The people I listed and many other masons on this forum are more supportive than you imagine and have acted as role models for people like me. I am not sure that you are aware of that, but your posts and the patience and knowledge contained in them has been very helpful in making me make this decision. Thanks again and I will continue to keep the forum updated. Anxiety leading up to initiation almost made me crazy, but I am glad that I held out and went through with it.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Congratulations Brother, I am glad that the other Brethren on the board have been of some assistance.You are not from what I have read the first to seek the doors of Freemasonry due to the patience and openness and willingness to honestly answer questions from the many fine Brethren on this board, many of whose knowledge mine pales in comparison to.Try not to get too overwhelmed with the memorization that is required,I know it seems like so much at first, but I am sure you have a few fine brethren at your lodge that will help you on your way.There is nothing in the world like initiation and degree work,it is in my opinion impossible to be the same man afterwards if you were honestly seeking with a pure heart.When my schedule is a little less hectic I want to learn to bestow the three degrees.Now you can see firsthand that there is no conspiracy, unless you count working to achieve purity and balance, and help your local community a conspiracy.

Congrats again.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Welcome.

You are now a member of the worldwide conspiracy to spread tolerance, beauty, strength, wisdom, compassion, charity, research, knowledge.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by cipio

Congratulations Brother! Best of luck and best wishes as you progress in Masonry.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Sky, my question is if you post is correct, then why must it all be kept so secret?

Why only a very few if this is the way?

Secrets tear societies apart. I don't understand.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
The secrecy used to be to protect abovementioned virtues from tyrants.
Unfortunately it didnt keep the Inquisition and the Nazis from persecuting freemasons.

Today the secrecy is gone as you can find the entire history and ritual books on the internet...but the aura and myth of secrecy survive.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Thanks so much for the responses everyone. I'm still a little tired, but feel the need to begin my studies. It seems impossible or at the least very difficult, but I imagine that it will come easier over time. I haven't spoken to my sponsor (WM) at all outside of the lodge since my initiation and feel the need to contact him now to talk about everything that went on. I was hardly able to sleep at all last night, but it wasn't in any way troubling or discomforting. I don;t wish I could do it again, but appreciate the experience completely. Once again, this forum has helped in tremendous ways and I plan on letting other lodge members know of it's existence.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Congratulations!

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I found 3 Master Masons at my job. I figured that several worked there, but one guy in particular always stood out. I don't know much since I'm new, so I asked him flat out through e-mail. He asked me something and I explained my status. He replied being sincere and extremely helpful. He also cc'd 2 other Brothers, offered me assistance, and promised to get together with me in the near future.
I talked to my sponsor earlier and he told me that he would help me every step of the way. He is confident in my abilities and wants me to be focused and steadfast. I'm ready but still anxious... Thanks again everyone.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Congratulations! Keep us informed of what you can.

top topics

join