It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Euros Accepted" signs pop up in New York City

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

"Euros Accepted" signs pop up in New York City

www.reuters.com

NEW YORK (Reuters) - In the latest example that the U.S. dollar just ain't what it used to be, some shops in New York City have begun accepting euros and other foreign currency as payment for merchandise.

"We had decided that money is money and we'll take it and just do the exchange whenever we can with our bank," Robert Chu, owner of East Village Wines, told Reuters television.

The increasingly weak U.S. dollar, once considered the king among currencies, has brought waves of European tourists to New York with money to burn and looking to take advantage of hugely favorable exchange rates.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnbc.com
mediamonarchy.blogspot.com
www.forbes.com
ca.news.yahoo.com

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I'm not sure if that's a good sign or a bad sign that businesses are accepting Euros...definitely interesting. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea for each of us to have a few Euros in our pockets.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Beat you to it:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pretty crazy though.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I have about 15 euros left over from Paris 2 yeara ago. The dollar/euro is absolutely devastating to those of us who wish to travel internationally. What is next? The peso will overrun the dollar. What can we even do about it?

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Sorry DD. I did a search and nothing came up. Great minds think alike.

top topics

join