It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Media Smeared Paul For Racism, Ignored McCain's "Gook" Comments

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
Really? Ideas about Iraq...

We lost Iraq. Lost.

Bush said the war was won back in 2003 yet we're still occupying that nation.

We are occupying a supposedly sovereign nation, two actually (Afghanistan) to fight those 'terrorist' boogie men.

Ridiculous.

What is ridiculous is your assertion that we have lost Iraq. The only thing that is lost is the American media and the gullible souls who buy that crap.

Iraq is nowhere near done and McCain will tell you that. That is primarily because Bush who didnt know a thing about leadership and strategy relied on idiots like Rumsfeld to get Iraq on track.

We are in Iraq and have lost ONLY 4000 troops. That is a small small number for any conflict of that size and intensity in the history of warfare. We are not playing bingo there, it is war, some casualties are expected. And quiting now is idiotic. Not only would those 4000 soldiers have died in vain ( the liberal wet dream! ) but also the ME will turn into the sewer that it once was. We are there now and we are fighting these Islamists in their neighborhoods and in their streets. We have the offensive. To pack up and leave is moronic. Who ever said the war is lost, doesnt know what a conflict is. Its not ping pong or some b-ball game that is going to get done in a few hours. The actions and the resolve of the US forces there will change the future of the ME forever and by that the fate of the world itself. EVen the Iraqi's realize that we need to be there.

Dont even think of saying Afghanistan was a waste because unless someone is a yellow bellied whimp who was abused by girls as a kid, everybody with any stones and a sense of justice automatically knows that the Taliban had to be buried. The Afghani people are better off for it and so is the world at large. The lack of charm and tact by Bush in rallying support and handling the war on terror diplomatically is a differnet issue but the fact that there is a war on terror is indisputably the right thing to do.

Obama and Clinton want to run as fast as it is possible for them to load up the C-17s and fly out of there. Obama doesnt understand the military or the military startegy that is involved in Iraq. He has no comprehension of the stakes of the region or the people of that region. Dispite being an ex-muslim he has no idea what Arabs are like . His ignorant pacifism will make him be taken in as a sucker and the Islamists wil use his brazen cowardice for conflict to trumpet to the world that they have won. With McCain however that is simply not the case. HE knows that Bush's plan has a problem, he knows how to deal with the military and most importantly he has credibility with the military both as a distinguished ex-member and as its legislative voice.

American never have and never will like losers and these losers will not come to power just to betray the effort of so many thousands of soldiers.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by IAF101

I have said he is entitled to his own opinion.

That is not my point.

If he wants to be President, he should have a stronger moral compass.

We should not have a bigoted racist asshole (again) running the Oval Office.

Simple as that.

He can hate all he wants, but that is not behavior deserving of a President.

Or a decent human being for that matter.

If I was beat for 5 years (which he wasn't) I would hopefully have the ability to forgive after 30 years.

If he truly calls himself a Christian, he should follow the Way.

If he wants to call himself a righteous honorable man, he should forgive his ex-captors.

However, his true colors show through.

He is nothing more than a bigot.

And you have no problem getting all over his nuts.

That tells me a little bit about you.

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
You're really going to make me go word for word on this one aren't you...

Got a pen?

Originally posted by IAF101
What is ridiculous is your assertion that we have lost Iraq. The only thing that is lost is the American media and the gullible souls who buy that crap.

Oh really?

It seems you buy hook line and sinker what Faux News says.

The "media" is what you read when you hear about stories.

How do you think you get stories in the first place?

The pony express?

Iraq is nowhere near done and McCain will tell you that. That is primarily because Bush who didnt know a thing about leadership and strategy relied on idiots like Rumsfeld to get Iraq on track.

Yeah Iraq's oil fields aren't quite drained yet. We still have a few million barrels to extract for Shell and Texaco.

They need to line their pockets with as much green as possible before the black gold runs out and Iraq really turns to #.

Iraq is nowhere near done because the mercenary companies (Halliburton, Blackwater, etc) haven't made nearly enough money off the US taxpayer.

They haven't raped our assholes hard enough yet.

But just you wait. They will.

We are in Iraq and have lost ONLY 4000 troops. That is a small small number for any conflict of that size and intensity in the history of warfare. We are not playing bingo there, it is war, some casualties are expected. And quiting now is idiotic. Not only would those 4000 soldiers have died in vain ( the liberal wet dream! ) but also the ME will turn into the sewer that it once was. We are there now and we are fighting these Islamists in their neighborhoods and in their streets. We have the offensive. To pack up and leave is moronic. Who ever said the war is lost, doesnt know what a conflict is. Its not ping pong or some b-ball game that is going to get done in a few hours. The actions and the resolve of the US forces there will change the future of the ME forever and by that the fate of the world itself. EVen the Iraqi's realize that we need to be there.

The war casualty number of 4000 is based on the soldiers who died in active duty while in Iraq.

That number doesn't take into account soldiers who have died in hospitals just over the border or those who died in US hospitals.

We've lost much more than 4000 and we've had thousands who are now psychologically unfit for anything other than raping their wives.

Thousands more are wounded physically. Many more have abandoned their posts.

Some military we have.

We've been decimated by guerilla warriors. You can't fight conventional warfare when there are no clear sides.

Its like we're the red coats in the revolutionary war fighting the US 'insurgents' or 'terrorists.'

We will simply NEVER win.

The Iraqis are fighting an occupation force. We are the occupiers. We have been for 5 long years now.

If a foreign army invaded your neighborhood, would you sit by and watch them bomb your family's home?

I think not.

I think you are confused with the definition of liberal. Liberal means open-minded.

Clearly you are not.

So you can call yourself a conservative all you want. That's fine with me.

But I am no liberal politically. I believe in freedom, but not at the cost of other's lives.

I am a libertarian at heart. All men are created equal, that sort of thing.

I don't know where you've been for the past...oh say...75 years. The Middle East has been in a constant state of warfare since WW1.

The Turkish Empire had somewhat of a hold on the region, but with them defeated, no real power structure was able to take control.

With Western Imperialism taking over where the Turks left off, well you can imagine what happens then...

Oil is discovered in Saudi Arabia, the state of Israel is created, etc etc.

I think your idea of the 'Iraqi's needing us there' is highly misguided.

Sure, corporate interests are making a killing off...the killing, but aside from that, no one really benefits.

The American taxpayer has 2 assholes now instead of 1. We're paying for soldiers to shoot up towns. The military-industrial complex is having a field day with our economy.

We are simply not 'winning' anything. We lost.

"Cut and run" or whatever you call it.

Enough bloodshed is on our hands. The soldiers want to come home too.

You know what, if you're so pro-Iraq war, why don't you sign up?

Yeah. Go over there and fight.

Do it. I dare you.

Or are you too scared?

Dont even think of saying Afghanistan was a waste because unless someone is a yellow bellied whimp who was abused by girls as a kid, everybody with any stones and a sense of justice automatically knows that the Taliban had to be buried. The Afghani people are better off for it and so is the world at large. The lack of charm and tact by Bush in rallying support and handling the war on terror diplomatically is a differnet issue but the fact that there is a war on terror is indisputably the right thing to do.

Yeah I think Afghanistan is a waste.

The CIA has rejuvenated their poppy production. They've made millions off heroin and opium that they wouldn't have had the Taliban still been in power.

The Afghani people may be better off without them, but turns out they're back.

So much for the invasion.

The war on terror is another scam to think your enemy is 'over there' and not within.

Al Qaeda was connected to 9/11. What you don't hear is that the CIA trained Bin Laden and helped the Taliban fight the soviets.

So...We train both groups, yet now we want them dead?

Kinda fishy ain't it?

Bin Laden was on the CIA payroll prior to 9/11.

Somehow he's not even on the FBI's Most Wanted list. Another fishy item.

Shall I continue or is the truth too hard for you to admit?

Obama and Clinton want to run as fast as it is possible for them to load up the C-17s and fly out of there. Obama doesnt understand the military or the military startegy that is involved in Iraq. He has no comprehension of the stakes of the region or the people of that region. Dispite being an ex-muslim he has no idea what Arabs are like . His ignorant pacifism will make him be taken in as a sucker and the Islamists wil use his brazen cowardice for conflict to trumpet to the world that they have won. With McCain however that is simply not the case. HE knows that Bush's plan has a problem, he knows how to deal with the military and most importantly he has credibility with the military both as a distinguished ex-member and as its legislative voice.

Hey I'm no fan of either one of them. You're preaching to the choir here.

I think the only one misunderstanding our strategy in Iraq is you my friend.

We are there for PROFIT. Not for the safety and security of Iraqis.

But for corporate PROFIT. The god of our politicians, Hillary and Barack included.

McCain has no credibility whatsoever.

The man is a religious zealot (devil worshipper?) who feeds off the pain and misery of others.

Sure he might have be ex-military, but that doesn't mean squat. He's still a coward.

He has no problem sending other people to war, but doesn't have the balls to go on his own.

If he wants to kill Iraqis, terrorists, insurgents, or whatever your definition of the 'bad guy' is, why doesn't he strap on a flak vest and jump off a hercules?

Cuz he's a coward politician like the rest of them.

All talk and no walk.

American never have and never will like losers and these losers will not come to power just to betray the effort of so many thousands of soldiers.

You sound like a five year old dude.

Who cares if we're not the only super power anymore.

Get over yourself.

The efforts of thousands of soldiers have been in vain.

That's too bad.

Maybe next time we shouldn't invade a sovereign nation with no regard for consequences.

It was a stupid move, we messed up real bad.

Let's bring our boys home now.

[edit on 2/24/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

To the guy who said "we lost Iraq. Lost."

A recent Charles Krauthammer column quotes Anthony Cordesman, a staunch Iraq War critic, as saying:

"No one can spend some 10 days visiting the battlefields in Iraq without seeing major progress in every area...If the U.S. provides sustained support to the Iraqi government--in security, governance and development--there is now a very real chance that Iraq will emerge as a secure and stable state." --Anthoney Cordesman, "The Situation in Iraq: A Briefing from the Battlefield," Feb. 13, 2008.

I blame Bush and his SecDef Rumsfeld for stubbornly staying with the 'transformation' concept when it wasn't working, but to Bush's credit he adjusted.

But remember that about 70% of Americans supported going to Iraq in 2003. So I blame even more the Dems and the MSM who tried to pull the rug out from under Bush when things started to go wrong, for partisan advantage. And the sheeple who went along. Nothing is worse in my book than to egg on a fight, and then run for cover when things turn sour. This is exactly what a large group of Americans, mostly Dems, did.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by russell b. garrard

Everyday the hellhole of Iraq spirals even deeper into chaos.

The "surge" you people bought was nothing more than a payoff of the local militias to not fight for a few months.

Suicide bombings have not decreased. The 'insurgency' will never decrease as they are freedom fighters trying to get the foreign invaders out (US).

We are in the middle of a civil war.

We simply cannot win anything.

We should cut our losses now before another few thousand soldiers die.

I love it how you pro-war people claim to care about the soldiers, yet you want them to stand in the line of fire while you sit at home and watch reality tv.

Well the reality is our boys and girls are being killed and you couldn't give a # less.

"Support the troops" means "fund the war so our troops can die."

What a bunch of #!

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Your point that pro-war people sit at home and watch TV while sending soldiers off to fight is just a bloviating cheap shot that does nothing to change the debate.

It is unfortunately true in every war that we send off the young men to fight and die while the rest stay home. If that were an argument against war, we would never go to war. We would let the South secede in peace, enslaving blacks to their hearts' content. We would let Hitler take over Western Europe, torturing and killing Jews all the while.

Your statement is similar to those who throw out the 'chickenhawk' mantra. Do they want to do away with civilian control of the military? No. Do they respect the Don Rumsfelds that did wear the uniform? No. So what's their point? Nothing really, just a cheap shot they can launch on those many occasions when they have no point.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join