It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SHC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I read alot on spontaneous human combustion and I'm still a little iffy. I was wondering what were some of your thoughts on thsi topic, do u think its real? and if so what do you think causes it?

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
It is much more believable than most other paranormal things.

Probably intense dehydration causes it, or maybe documented cases are where the body catches flame quickly, from target with heat, such as sunlight, or fire, but since the body was dry at the time it burst into flames quicker, making it seem as if it just happened from inside.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 01:01 AM
link   
That makes sense but I read this one report of a man who was sitting in a chair and suddenly burst into flames but the odd thing was the chair didn't catch fire. If a fire was hot enough to destroy a body I would imagine it could destroy a lazyboy.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Here are some good links.

skepdic.com...

Spontaneous human combustion (SHC) is the alleged process of a human body catching fire as a result of heat generated by internal chemical action. While no one has ever witnessed SHC, several deaths involving fire have been attributed to SHC by investigators and storytellers.

In the literature, spontaneous human combustion is almost exclusively reserved for corpses. One 17th century tale, however, claims that a German man self-ignited due to his having drunk an excessive amount of brandy. If drinking a great quantity of brandy caused self-combustion, there should be many more cases to study than this isolated report about one man.

www.alternativescience.com...

www.urbanlegends.com...

www.castleofspirits.com...

Deep

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Thanks for the link bud.

[Edited on 15-2-2004 by USAFSF]

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 02:15 AM
link   
You gotta stop and wonder if there are any flamable oils,chemicals, on the skin that are exposed to ultraviolet rays, flames, etc. that would cause a person to literally burst into fire.

[Edited on 15-2-2004 by Jeffrey]

[Edited on 15-2-2004 by Jeffrey]

top topics

join