It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran will have nuclear weapon in three years: Mossad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Iran will have nuclear weapon in three years: Mossad

www.breitbart.com

Israel's Mossad spy agency estimates Iran will develop a nuclear weapon within three years and continue to provide rockets to regional armed groups, a newspaper reported on Tuesday.

Mossad director Meir Dagan, in an intelligence assessment presented to Israel's powerful foreign affairs and defence committee on Monday, said the Jewish state would face increased threats on all fronts, Maariv daily said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Dagan's estimate of Iran's nuclear ambitions differs sharply from an assessment by the US intelligence community late last year that said Iran had mothballed its nuclear weapons programme in 2003.

That report compiled by 16 US intelligence agencies said the Islamic republic would not be able to attain a nuclear weapon until 2015.

Israel has questioned those findings, claiming that although Iran may have temporarily halted its nuclear drive five years ago it has since relaunched it while pressing ahead with a public uranium enrichment programme.

Lol, ok so now there is a war of intelligence? Come on people, is Iran developing them or not?

Oh wait. I get it. The Bush administration has lost so much credibilty, and now the trust of so many Americans, they figured it would be better for the American people to listen to Mossad's intelligence assessment rather than our own to build a case against Iran? So THAT's what the recent Bush visit was about?

So going hypothetically along the lines that the burden of attacking Iran is on Israel, one would have to wonder if this latest bombing near Dimona was a Mossad operation to build the case against Iran.

Our intelligence concludes that Iran stopped. Israel's intelligence estimates Iran will develop a nuclear weapon within three years. What's wrong with this picture?

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5-2-2008 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Now the fact it takes these Iranian geniuses three years is the real mystery. Looptards? say it...rolls off the tongue.

Just what are they teaching their kids? Do they learn nothing in Iranian schools?

Oh here is an Iranian boy working on one now.

www.looptard.com...

Just kidding.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Clearly, by this Report its obvious Israel are going to make the primary assult soon.

they will not allow Iran to get close to a bomb, regardless of agenda's.

Iran will strike the reactors with bunker buster nuclear weapons, and use convential weaposn on every possible military / missile launching site across Iran.

Once the FIRST missile strikes Israel back, American will be forced to come to Israels Aide.

Its academic from there!

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The CIA estimate for Iran to build a bomb is 7 years. War would seem inevitable if intelligence agencies can 'estimate'. Don't worry though, we could be five years off yet

Remember '98 with Iraq? War seemed on the cards - again (denied weapon inspector access, U.S sends spy planes, Sadam says he will shoot them).

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Wow, it almost sounds like Israel expects us to do something about it.

Hmmm, this sounds like a familiar theme.....

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
ok so israel says they have a nuke program.. so ISRAEL can deal with it!
our intelligence, which is obviously inferior to israels
says they stopped so they can deal with it, its a threat to them anyways not US.

they obviously want war, so let them have it i just hope they get more than they bargained for, bullies usually do.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by turbokid

Yes, I read one report that Israel went as far to say that the NIE was "nieve."

Good post, turbo.

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I wonder if Israel will play the nuclear blackmail game over this.
Go bomb them for us or we'll be forced to nuke the Iranians.

They always seem so confident when they speak about everyone else having an obligation to stop their enemies. If it came to it and Israel DID use nuclear weapons against Iran, they'd then blame everyone else. We're all to blame whether we send our people to die for Israel or not. The chosen ones have made it so

posted on Feb, 7 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Any idea what MI6 is saying cos the US can't go to war with out having a have decent scapegoat.

The 51st state of Israel doesn't count!

MonKey

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
As a follow up to this, in a recent podcast I cover a story that I heard on Alex Jones radio program- that ex-CIA Larry Nichols claims that Iran already has nuclear weapons.

And the problem with that is...No no, the BIG PROBLEM with that is... LN's credibility is so strong, that it just boggles my mind what the true implications of that statement really are, and sends my mind racing:

1) Could it be that Israel has just been playing "two-front politics" all this time, and is really terrified to death of doing anything about Iran's nukes- fearing attacks from at least 3 fronts- Iran, Syria, Lebanon?

2) Could it be that again, if true, that the Bush administration is doing the same, and is really interested in all that oil along the Iraq/Iran border?

3) What about Russia/China? If they know this, then what's all the media hoopla about them "publicly" supporting a peaceful Iranian nuclear energy program?

4) And where does the IAEA fit into all of this? And the CFR? The UN? My God. Again, if true, the people of the world are being payed like a dumb fiddle, and no one but the powers that be have a clue as to really what is happening behind the scenes.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I can't find any relevant info pertaining to Larry Nichols' claims that Iran has nuclear weapons. I suppose he is credible because helped blow the Mena investigations our of the water, and just happened to be sick around the time Welch was poisoned with anthrax.

I am of the opinion that Israeli leaders are the least concerned about an external threat, knowing that any military attack from Syria, Iran, Egypt, etc would be met with savage abandon by the Mighty US benefactors. Remember Saddam? and those reasons were obvious fabrications.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 16grit
I can't find any relevant info pertaining to Larry Nichols' claims that Iran has nuclear weapons.

I heard him say it with my own two ears in his interview with Alex last week, and I'm sure many other people did too. I would appreciate confirmation from anyone else who heard this as well.

I am of the opinion that Israeli leaders are the least concerned about an external threat, knowing that any military attack from Syria, Iran, Egypt, etc would be met with savage abandon by the Mighty US benefactors.

That's just not right. They are extremely concerned, as has been expressed many times publicly that they will not tolerate Iran with a nuclear weapon. And in the event of a simultaneous multi front attack, any response by the US or its allies may be far too late. Israel could be annihilated, especially if attacked with 3 to 5 sizable nuclear weapons, barrages of missiles, etc.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
www.iran-press-service.com...

“Iran does have nuclear weapons. Of course, these are non-strategic nuclear weapons. I mean these are not ICBMs with a range of more than 5,500 kilometers and more. But as a military man, I see no danger of aggression against Russia by Iran."

-Yuri Baluyevsky Russian deputy chief of staff

In 2006 Iran test fired the Shihab-3 intermediate-range ballistic missile, which, to my understanding, could reach Israel and US targets in the middle east. Israel and the US have that capacity as well.

Not sure how to make a link.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 16grit

Hey that is some great digging, thanks for that article. Although of course many will dismiss it as Iranian rhetoric. And thanks for adding me as a friend. Added you back.

While I swear to you I heard LN say this, he did not mention anything further about it, and curiously, Alex did not press him for more information on the issue. It makes sense though that if Iran does have them, they would be tactical, and not strategic. Could that explain why Iran is still seeking domestic production of fuel, when Russia just fueled the reactor at Bushehr? Maybe the tactical nukes they have are just not enough to take out all of Israel in one strike.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I would bet my right pinky finger that Iran isn't trying to build enough nukes to hit any nation. It would be more like trying to balance the political clout against Israel, if building nukes is the goal.

Israel has about 200 nuclear weapons that could be launched in retaliation. An audit on Israel's nuke arsenal has never been publicly made so it could be more.

Also, your OP link doesn't work for me. I must have this procedure wrong, you point and click right?

As for Mossad, the time-frame is not mentioned, but Meir Dagan says it is soon.

www.jpost.com.../JPArticle/ShowFull

They make many claims without substance or evidence, namely WMD claims.

Didn't a report come out last year stating that Iran's nuke weapons program stopped in 2003?

[edit on 17-2-2008 by 16grit]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 16grit
Also, your OP link doesn't work for me. I must have this procedure wrong, you point and click right?

Wow, breibart pulled it! Hehe, but the hundreds of comments on the article are still there! comments.breitbart.com...

Here is another link to a similar article:

afp.google.com...

Didn't a report come out last year stating that Iran's nuke weapons program stopped in 2003?

To be clear, it was the National Intelligence Estimate, and it concluded with moderate to high confidence that Iran stopped in 2003. Many people have taken that to be just about as good as saying that, conclusively, they did. But it is not conclusive. Especially in light of what we are discussing.

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Sorry Mossad, but I don't believe a word you say.

You're a bunch of liars, crooks, thieves, etc.

Your country has been committing a persecution (genocide?) of the Palestinian people for years now.

If you are allowed to have nukes, so can Iran.

That's my final word.

[edit on 2/17/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I hope they have nukes now perhaps ppl will fear iran and leave them alone.

perhaps if they have nukes Isreal will stop its war mongering. and if a war does start IRan will actually be able to defend itself with mutual destruction.

Isreal needs to stop pissing off all its neighbors and leave pakistan alone and syria and the other 10 countries its at war with.

Lets top picking on Iran and worry about countries with nukes who arent our allies Russia and China are preparing for war and were concerned about Iran a country with no navy and no nukes.

O wait im sorry the have a navy i saw the 5 speed boats watch out US navy they have 5 small speed boats they can take out your super destroyers run

and hide OMG **

[edit on 17-2-2008 by NWOmaskedman]

posted on Feb, 17 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Research before rhetoric, guys.

Read this.

www.ynetnews.com...

In 2005 we have Yuval Steinitz of Foreign affairs and Defense committee saying

Within a period of one or two years they will have a nuclear bomb, and then we will have a new Middle East – threatening, black and dangerous.

hope the quote worked

There are many other names in this article making similar claims.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join