It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political misinformation: Oil?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Political misinformation: Oil?

wnd.com

Thunder horse in the Gulf.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I would have put this in Peak oil, but it will get more public awarness on here.

wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
We have enough oil in Alaska to be completely energy independent. There is no lack of oil.
We use oil only because it is controllable. There are many other sources of energy that are clean, free and perpetually renewable. The problem with those is that they are nearly impossible to control.
Producing your own energy is like printing money. Nobody gets to print money except the Fed, Therefore, they do not want you producing your own energy.
There is no shortage of energy, just restricted access.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ChemicalWedding

It's more likely to get binned than get attention.
An article from 2005 in breaking news?

For future reference

Just to avoid the drama of binned and moved threads

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
pfft Political bull-crap more like

There wont be any new big fields ...poss some stuff under the arctic but if we go start pillaging and raping that we deserve some dirty asteroid to wipe us

Wa speaking to a Geologist who works across the yard from me today about oil and he never mention this Thunder Horse when i asked him about big new reserves only newish ones are the ones of Brazil and even then its not the best type of oil or not the one anyways that the Company's want

O and the face this oil field is 75% BP..........BP just posted some pretty bad Profit earnings today wouldn't a huge new field increase these profits and Share prices?

THE DEATH OF THE PETRO DOLLAR IS AT HAND

R.I.P

THE AMERICAN EMPIRE

1898-2008

and please don't think i don't like America just don't like the way they Indirectly tax the world

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Just cause you know a guy who works for the oil company don't mean he knows everything. They are now drilling deeper than ever and finding "Oil" they never knew was there. They just got all the easy to get oil first and now are taking risk and building new oil rigs that can drill deeper. Read up on "Thunder Horse" it's not the only one around, Mexico has been finding alot of oil in the Gulf of "NAU" while drillin deeper.

new topics

top topics

join