It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Row over recent killing of unarmed Iraqi family by soldiers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Row over recent killing of unarmed Iraqi family by soldiers

news.bbc.co.uk

An Iraqi couple and their son, 19, have been killed when US soldiers stormed a tiny one-room house north of Baghdad.
The US military says its troops killed the two men in self-defence after gunfire came from the house, but local people say the victims were unarmed.

At least one of the couple's daughters was also wounded in the raid, in the village of al-Dawr, near Tikrit.

The military said it was unclear who had fired at the female casualties and the incident is being investigated.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Oh boy...Here we go again. This ought to really help in the 'spread of democracy'.

Story continues

'Immediate fire'

A cousin of the those killed in al-Dawr (about 175km or 110 miles north of Baghdad) said he watched the killings from his house across the street.

Karim Hamad told Associated Press news agency that at about 2300 local time on Monday night US soldiers opened the door to the house and immediately opened fire, killing or injuring its unarmed occupants

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Hmmm , you live in a war zone . what do you expect troops to bring ,candy and flowers? Even during WWII citizens left their war ravaged homelands even if they had no place to go.

I know the reasons for the Iraq war was all 100% BS , but give me a break its a war zone where you shoot first and ask questions later.

All it would take is for someone to flick a Bic lighter in the dark and it would look like a gunshot to a soldier high on adrenaline.

Have you ever been shot at or shot? I have been shot and it is no fun .
I am not saying the soldiers were right or wrong as we were not there to see it happen.
I can say that mistakes happen everyday.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Nailer

Yea like who are they to expect to be safe intheir homes and not get murdered how dare they stay in a war zone ina home thats probably all they ever knew. I honestly dont even think you believe what you just posted and just because a war is going on doesnt mean US soldiers need to turn into homicidal maniacs its called ROE and they need to follow it properly.

If they should have to leave their house to avoid being killed in their own soverign land then imo the whole Bush admin should be up for war crimes charges because this is one war that should never have happend.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Nailer

There is no war. There was an invasion and now an occupation of these people's country. To call this a 'war' any more is ridiculous. It's a very messy situation that we need to get the hell out of, before more civilians get killed like this, and more people (rightfully) retaliate. It is going no where anymore.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
that sux... more bloodshed in a blood stained nation.
Accidents happened, mistakes and all that..

how many 'accidental' detahs must occur for us to pull our heads out of the sand ?

new topics

top topics

join