It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star apologises after nude pics leak online... Should he be charged with something?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
First of all this is going on in Hong Kong at the moment. It's very funny, but must be awful for the girls involved. The star "Edison Chen" looked in a right state in his "I'm so sorry" video. The poor guy, he's in IT up to his eyeballs and sinking!! This is also a warning to all of us who use a computer shop when our PC goes on the blink. Be very aware of what information you keep on your hard drive. Quite a few peoples careers maybe even their lives are going to be completely FUBAR because of this... Quite sad really.

Article.

"I hereby use this opportunity to apologise to anyone who has been affected by this strange, strange ordeal," Chen said.
Police believe the images were copied from Chen's computer when it was serviced last year.
"If you ever downloaded any of these images, please do not forward them to anyone ... If you are still in possession of these images, I urge you to please destroy them immediately," a subdued-looking Chen added in the video.
The photographs, which appear to show Chen in bed with singer Gillian Chung, along with suggestive images of actress Cecilia Cheung, were recently posted online, sparking a media frenzy in the celebrity-mad former British colony.
Hong Kong police said some 1300 private shots of celebrities had been stolen from a faulty personal computer.

The guy that ripped off the pics from Edison's pink mac book (that raises other issues entirely) is in a whole world of trouble. At the moment he is under arrest and unknown, but when they find out his identity TSWHTF not just for him, but his whole family, the Hong Kong press are just as bad/good as anywhere else on the planet

Now the questions I have been asking myself are...

Did all the women involved know he took the pics?

Some obviously did. (Yes I've seen the pics and NO I don't have any copies.) Some don't seem to be aware, as if they are being recorded without their knowledge.

It's safe to say that releasing all the pics was not a publicity stunt.

Should he be charged with something?

MonKey

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Yeah, he should be charged. But with what, I have no idea.

At any rate...

On the comment about keeping risqué material on the computer when you send it to the IT shop, you all should also know that deleting or formatting the drive will NOT remove the material. There is a high probability it can be recovered with one of the commonly available un-delete software. It was how a local celebrity here got her threesome in Dubai photos circulated on the internet.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
He should charged with conspiracy to make me fap to more naked asian women.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Gillian Chung... I thought the name sounded familiar. She was the one who got her semi-nude photos taken by the paparazzi in Genting, wasn't she? Oh boy, she can't catch a break now can she?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Yeah that's the girl!! She was also in the news when this first broke giving it the big "That's not me. it's a photochop job" errr No it's not and you look even sillier now...

She is IMO the prettiest of all the ones he supposedly took pics of. She seems to have gotten hotter as she's got a bit older.

I've bumped in to her shopping a few times, near where I live. Don't think she'll be seen for a while now though. Edison has already tailed it Stateside. The dirty little pervert.

BTW Genting Highlands are pretty cool, went there a few years back. Love the colourful hotels and the huge cable car.

MonKey

new topics

top topics

join