It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casting Call! Cowboy Bebop!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
If any of you used to collect Wizard magazine, then you should remember the comic book movie casting call! This was always a fun section of the magazine for me, so I have decided to create a few of my own.

Now, these movies are NOT actual movies in the works, just who I would cast if I were to direct it. At the end I’ll link my other casting call threads…

Feel free to let me know if you agree or disagree with my decisions!

If you disagree, who would you want to play that role and why?
If I left some important characters out, then add them!

Now I’m going to change things up a little and add Anime to the mix!
I’m gonna keep it in the comics forum since these anime also have manga books, but if the Mods feel it should be moved to Television, go right ahead!

Ok here goes!

Casting Call #3: Cowboy Bebop!!!

Alrighty! The next few casting calls are gonna deal with my favorite anime shows, so I hope there are others out there who watch the same stuff I do.
I figured what better way to start than my favorite anime series, Cowboy Bebop!

Taking place in a future where Earth has migrated into space, “Cowboy Bebop” follows the exploits of bounty hunters, Spike and Jet, as the roam the galaxy tracking down criminals in a world rampant with crime and opportunities. [url= www.adultswim.com...]Source

First, let’s get the beginners out of the way.

Ed, the self-invented personal name of an elite hacker prodigy from Earth. Her birth name is Françoise. "Radical Edward" is a very strange, somewhat androgynous, teenage girl claiming to be around 13 years in age.

Well, I don’t have to say much to explain this choice… a crazy teenage girl?
I’m gonna go with Ellen Page from Juno!

See the similarities? Sure it might be hard to act out a character like Ed, but this Canadian actress has what it takes.

Next, we have Julia. Julia is a beautiful and mysterious woman from both Spike and Vicious' pasts. A love triangle among the three caused Spike to leave the syndicate rather than challenge Vicious.

So, a sexy seductress in a love triangle eh?
I’m gonna give this one to Sienna Miller!

Why Sienna Miller? Please! We all saw how seducing she was in Layer Cake… and if you haven’t, then watch it!

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Another sexy fighter in the show is non other that Faye Valentine! Although appearing to be no more than her 23 years alive suggests, Faye is actually upwards of 74-years-old, having been put into cryogenic freeze after a space shuttle accident, wherein she spent fifty-four years in suspended animation.

Now this one was actually kinda tuff… Who would look good sporting violet hair, green eyes, and bright yellow pants and matching top?
Well, she looked good sporting orange hair, a strange outfit, and guns, so I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt and go with Mila Jovovish from the Fifth Element!

So now we get into the guys of the show, and we’ll start with Jet!
Jet, known on his home satellite as the "Black Dog" for his tenacity, is a 36-year-old former cop and acts as Spike's foil during the series. Physically, Jet is very tall with a muscular build. He wears a beard with no mustache, and is completely bald save for the back of his head.

So for this guy we’re gonna need a grizzly bear with a soft heart…
I’m going to have to go with Jason Statham!

Why Jason? Well he obviously plays the tuff guys in all the movies he’s in, already has the shaved head and beardish look, and pulled off the soft heart part in the first transporter movie… and the 2nd one for that matter… so Jason Statham is the guy to play the “Blcak Dog!”

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Now lets get to the bad guy of the show… Vicious…
It is all in the name with Vicious: he is ruthless, bloodthirsty, cunning and ambitious, willing to do anything in order to secure a position of power. He is a member of the Red Dragon Crime Syndicate, and is often referred to or depicted as a venomous snake.

Well, this was a tough one, but after much debate, I’m going to have the title of Vicious to… and I know I’m gonna get murdered on this choice… but Leonardo Dicaprio!

Ok, so before you tear me up for that decision, let me explain. Dicaprio proved to me he could act in the Departed and Blood Diamond… so I know he could pick up the role of a vicious villain. We really haven’t seen him play a bad guy yet, and I think he could steal the screen if he did it right!

Ok, and now for Spike Spiegel… The coolest anime character IMO.
Spike is a bounty hunter who was born on Mars. He is 27 years-old and in appearance, Spike is tall and thin. He has fluffy dark green hair and reddish-brown eyes, one of which is artificial and lighter than the other.
My favorite quote, “I’m not going there to die, I’m going to see if I’m really alive…”

Now, let me just say, I’m picking this actor strictly on looks… I really don’t like him as an actor, but this picture should show ya why I chose him.

James Franco!

[edit on 5-2-2008 by Odessy]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
And that does it for the Casting Call for Cowboy Bebop!

Don’t agree with my choices? Then find someone better and tell us why!
Feel like I left anyone out? Cast them!

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this one, and I’ll post the links to my other casting calls after this post.

If you liked the thread then give it a good ol star and flag and I’ll make some more!

See you space cowboy…

Odessy

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   
If you guys enjoyed this thread then check out my other casting calls, with more to come!!!

Casting Call: The Authority!

Casting Call: The Dark Knight Returns!

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I think your almost spot on mate! You casting for Ed is perfect! Man what I wouldnt give for a Bebop live action movie....

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tetsujin420

thanks buddy!

I'm going to bed now, but I'm gonna tackle Full Metal Alchemist and Bleach tomorrow!!! I think they will be a little tuffer than this one, but what else am I gonna do with all this time on my hands lol.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
First I would like to say I love cowboy bebop. Your picks are spot on except for faye. Im going to give that role to Denise Richards. She has shall we say the proper assets to carry the role.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SoLaR513

you know, I think you might be right.
That was why i was a little iffy to put Mila up as Faye.
It takes a lot to FILL those valentine qualities.
Denise Richards it is!

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Your choices are decent but who better to play a bounty hunter than Bruce Willis?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Outstanding, she is faye.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

Bruce Willis would be a great bounty hunter, but i decided to sway away from him because he is too old, even for Jet Black...

But if you check out my other threads, I gave Mr. Willis the Title of Batman! from the Dark Knight Returns since Batman is supposed to be in his 50s in that graphic novel by frank miller...

If Bruce was a lil younger I agree he could pull off the role of Jet.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I like your pick for jet. Hes an intense dude.

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
since my anime casting call got the most replies...
(you guys havnt said ANYTHING about my other Casting Calls!)
I'm gonna guess that most people on here watch animes more than read the same comics I do...

So, stay tuned, I'm about to make some more anime casting calls today, and will post back the links shortly...

I'm thinking Full Metal Alchemist and Bleach first

posted on Feb, 6 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Ok!
Hope you guys are still reading cause i just posted two more anime casting calls!

Only problem is that I couldn't finish the casting on my own!
So i need your help!

Check out the threads here:

Casting Call: Bleach!

Casting Call: Fullmetal Alchemist!

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
excellent cast call man right on the money!!

top topics

join