It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Bank Appoints Chinese Academic as Top Economist

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   

World Bank Appoints Chinese Academic as Top Economist

www.bloomberg.com

Feb. 5 (Bloomberg) -- The World Bank appointed Chinese national Justin Lin as its chief economist, the first time the post has gone to a candidate outside the Europe and the U.S.

Lin defected to China from Taiwan in 1979 while serving in the army by swimming between Kinmen in Taiwan to Xiamen in the People's Republic of China, said a former World Bank official.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.reuters.com
www.congoo.com

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Here's my stupid question; Why would a person defect TO China?

www.bloomberg.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This is VERY bad news to me. I have a thread somewhere in here about China using soft entry tactics to subvert our nation. This is yet another possible connection.

They are not well known for money managing, just financial manipulations. Their banking ethics in China have been VERY contentious, putting great strain on their worldly relations.

I am cross posing my material here. It is an important topic, and i appreciate the OP bringing this important info to our attention:

The investment will be Intel's another aggressive move in China shortly after it set up a large scale chip plant two months ago in Dalian, a port city in northeast China's Liaoning Province, with a total of investment of USD 2.5 billion. (typo left from article

www.tradingmarkets.com...

There is more out there that can be dug up about Intel, even just using GoogleNews.

But to set the scene, consider the above as the current state of affairs. This is where we currently are...backpage notifications and discussions in obscure journals.

Many here have heard of the Minot Incident? If not, review this link:

www.tradingmarkets.com...

(thank you Azchuck for providing this wonderful link and discussion in this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... ).

So, what we have is Chinese microchips ending up in government computers. This has already BEEN happening, as the Intel plant didn't roll out in production until about two months ago (and there is a new one being built, with an entire city being built to support it...gotta love Chinese efficiency).

Then, we start seeing all the headlines. I won't bother to post links. You all know what i am referring to: poisoned pet foods, lead in packaging and toys, harmful chemicals in toothpaste. I am half tempted to take a geiger counter into the local dollar store just to see what else might be in those Chinese goods.

Considering all that we are seeing, one has to wonder what is going on? We have invested considerable amounts of effort into outsourcing. It hasn't been a big deal as long as it was manufacturing, as it allowed more Americans to get involved in business and technology sectors. But now technology is moving offshore, too. And when this happens, business follows.

Has China figured out the formula? Are they weakening us via a spread attack? Our health (primarily our children) is being attacked, among other things.

This is particularly chilling when you consider the words of Gary McKinnon, the NASA hacker:

"Once you're on the network, you can do a command called NetStat - Network Status - and it lists all the connections to that machine. There were hackers from Denmark, Italy, Germany, Turkey, Thailand ..."

"All on at once?" I ask. "You could see hackers from all over the world, snooping around, without the spaceniks or the military realising?"

"Every night," he says, "for the entire five to seven years I was doing this."

"Do you think they're still there? Are they still at it? Or have they been arrested, too?"

Gary says he doesn't know.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
don't worry.. lets just wait for nano factories then there will be no need for china's work force... we will have the power again!

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I think this is a great idea. The chinese are growing leaps and bounds economically at the moment and despite some US propaganda is one of the stongest countries financially. I doubt it is a chinese conspiracy to bring the world down. We could learn alot from them if we put aside our arrogance....for the record. I am not Chinese

top topics

join