It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cable Cuts In ME/Africa. Something Is Going Down. Mainstream Media Blackout.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
With the recent story about new cables being cut, and with little public knowledge concerning its details, I feel it necessary to open a serious discussion about the happenings there. Something big could be going on, and it is very hard to say it is mere coincidence.

[Latest Report] Update: February 4, 2008 - Fourth Undersea Fiber Optic Cable Cut + Thread

It occurred to me later in this thread that I have seen none or little from the BBC concerning this whole mess (as I primarily check the BBC). In fact, many reports have come not from the mainstream media, but from alternative sources. Instead, the BBC has focused immensely on Africa and the situations there. That, coupled with the US election process. In any case, the mainstream's front page seams very uninterested.

At the first report of widespread internet downing I caught it with interest and some speculation as to who or what was the matter. Honestly I felt it was likely a simple mishap.

[First Report] Web Disrupted 'Across Mid-East' + Thread

But in recent developments, and at their rate, I began serious speculation as to who is behind this.

[Second Report] Another Undersea Internet Cable Damaged In Mideast: Indian Firm + Thread

Something is going to come out of this mess, and something big. This many sabotages and widespread downings is cause for serious investigation. And what bothers me to no end is why it is so hush hush. Where are the details?

These Cable Routes show their travel. As reported, most of the affected area relies mostly on these cables.

[edit on 4/2/2008 by Nyorai]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Very spooky, just found out about all this today...

How many cables have been cut, how many countries does this affect and more importantly why?

All I know is this is NOT a coincidence, something is afoot here.

Flagged, staying tuned.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well, as you said, what is most disturbing is the fact that we know so little about this.

I am going to try and find out who exactly is reporting the situations.

They keep changing the story. At first they were confident it was a boat anchor, and now they say no way.

In any case, we have to remember a very important question, "Who gains."

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Nyorai

Exactly who gains?

Maybe, just maybe it's a test to judge the reactions by the affected countries or maybe its a precursor to something far more sinister.

Is it the Americans? after all Bush claimed the internet was the enemy of the free world (or something equally obnoxiously idiotic)...
I think there's a few threads on this detailing the different cables. Would be nice to place a series of links to the other threads in here?

Who else could do this?

Are there no sensors on these cables? Who monitors them, who lays them and repairs them?

How could these have been severed? A sub? A boat? A diver?

More questions....

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I also asked the question of the possibility of these being cut. If they are so important wouldn't they be a priority?

As far as the convict, it could be anyone. A false flag intended to be blamed on another.

It is interesting to note the amount of cables cut on this day. They were fairly spread out among the Persia Gulf.

2 February 2008

[1] Near Dubai. Between Oman and the United Arab Emirates. According to its owner FLAG Telecom, part of India's Reliance Communications.

[1] Flag Telecom owns another undersea cable which was damaged off Egypt on Wednesday in the Mediterranean.

[2] On the same day in Kuwait, the government reported two cables damaged by "weather conditions and maritime traffic."

This reminds me that during World War II, Nazi forces cut of trade routs from Europe to Africa. I don't know if a cut off of communication or otherwise is the intent.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I'm just going to throw this out there. In general, it could:

1) Be blamed on someone else, therefore giving justification for aggressive or other behavior.

or

2) Create an opportune time to launch an attack on a specific area.

It is interesting to note that Dubai is supposed to have been one of the hardest inflicted. And still are.

An estimated 1.7 million Internet users in the UAE have been affected due to the recent cable cuts, an expert said on February 4, quoting recent figures published by TeleGeography, an international research website.

Also, interesting that this was not reported.

The first cut in the undersea Internet cable occurred on January 23, in the Flag Telcoms FALCON submarine cable which was not reported. This has not been repaired yet and the cause remains unknown, explained Jaishanker.

So what is in Dubai?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
A lot is adding up.

Here are the news articles plus their thread.

Bunkers Being Established: Israel Gearing Up For Another War + Thread

Threats: Ahmadinejad Tell West, Accept Israel's "Imminent Collapse" + Thread

Preparing: US Anti Missile Ship To Dock In Israel + Thread

So in the "Preparing" report, the US ship is highly anti-missile, which coincides with Israel's bunker plots. Also, it harbors very high tech underwater surveillance, which perhaps is in interest of investigating the cut cords, or to monitor whatever it was that cut the cords.

Have to take a breather.

There is a lot of new details poring in through the news. Stay tuned!

We're on to something big here.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This does seem to be part of something bigger. Didn't a cable cut somewhere in asia last year get some mainstream attention? This is what 4 now in a very short time over a region of tension. I don't know if it's war or economic related.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Here is a 2007 undersea cable map of the area. Hopefully someone can make some sense from it.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Overlooked aspect of these cables being cut in this area might be this: It cuts the link of U.S. servicemen in the area to people back home, or at the very least provides a "plausable excuse" to switch off contact to "the World" if it is their intention to pull the trigger on the Iran attack.

Phoenix "Wargames" update: Fighter activity continuing. Most sorties now seem to be heading NW towards Nellis AFB . Weather is bad, SNOW, believe it or not and I cant see anything at this point.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
This Topic is already being covered in a thread with 175 replies and 26 flags here Undersea Cables Cut, Oops or Uh-oh?

Please contribute to the existing thread there.

new topics

top topics

join