It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Have Been Cheated, says Congressman Burr

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
In the process of doing some political news searching and reading, I came across an interesting article in a newspaper's website.

MARION - U.S. Rep. Richard Burr began a 38-town tour yesterday to officially announce his campaign for the U.S. Senate statewide.
Burr starts 'official' campaign with a 38-city tour

"I'm here to announce I'm running for U.S. Senate," he said yesterday, getting a few chuckles with his next line. "I know that's a surprise to a lot of you."

Burr said he doesn't blame U.S. Sen. John Edwards, D-N.C., for dedicating himself to the run for president, but he still wonders how that decision has affected how North Carolina has been represented in the Senate.

"We have been cheated," he said. "We have to make up for it."

Interesting statements the 5th Congressional District representative has for Senator John Edwards.

I personally have always felt that Senator Edwards is a poor choice for president primarily becouse of his very short political history record. A person who, in his entry into politics, spent over $10,000,000 for a Senator position that pays less than $200,000 per year, and before the end of that term, decides to drop that state and run for president, even though he publically promised his constituants otherwise.

Knowing that they are not in the same party, and foreseeing 'Senator' Richard Burr running for President in 2008, and winning, I am very suprised I have yet to see this statement in the National News.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
That monkey faced Burr is actually running TV ads WITH JESSE HELMS endorsing him as a good Christian! They make me want to kill my TV. That racist, bigot, fossil wouldn' t know a good Christian if he pooped one out his wrinkled rectum!

Edwards CRUSHED the last good old boy that the Helms machine ran for Senate (an incumbant I might add), without even coming CLOSE to the record spending that LIBBY DOLE had to shill out for her retirement in the US Senate. People here are furious she bought the election from Bowles, considering she's a no show in the state, and want vindication. Erskine, Erskine, Erskine!

Seriously, Burr/Helms is really repugnant, not just Colonel "repugnant." We don't need another racist, bigot, homophobe in NC representin' us "Guud Christians"

join