It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq: A 'colony' of the U.S. Empire

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
US FoBs in Iraq don't even fly the US flag. Coalition forces are in Iraq to support the Iraqi Government until it is strong enough to hold it's own. The US has no control over whom the Iraqi people vote into government.

I often wonder what you guys are going to do with your time when Bush is out of office. What will people do when they no longer have him to whine about? Don't get me wrong, im sure it will go on years after he is gone but it has to end at some point.

Want to know my idea of the US being a great satan. Removing a dictator, giving people the right to chose their own leaders. Letting them set up a govenment and just before things start to get better leave them on their own to be destoryed.

Would you raise your children like good parents till they were 14 and then kick em out to live on the street? Sounds like some of you would like that.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
why cant the united states have an empire it is for americas good.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
What a hollow gesture though. With the problems facing this country over the next half century or more the push for empire is a straw dog at the very best. We may be able to have our way (somewhat) with Iraq over the next few years but it won't last beyond that. From what I can gather we have reached the apex of the American arc and are entering the long decline, sadly this is also probably true of this phase of civilization as well.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
The answer of that is simple.... the people of Iraq.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join