It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China cuts banking ties with Iran?????

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Source

"China reacts to US pressure - bank connections with Iran cut
Iran further slides in the economic isolation: Now under pressure the USA banks from China have also broken off her business connections to Teheran. The German Foreign Secretary defends the sanction policy covered because of the Iranian nuclear

program."Translation source

Hmmm, Internet cut to Iran.
Even China won't deal with Iranian banks
Seems like a prelude to war as well as locking Iran's funds where they may be.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

So China cuts banking ties with Iran so what is the trade off in other words what does The United States Of America give China in return for the favor? What do you think the reasoning about China's about face could be is it possible that we might give technology or trade concessions in exchange for the favor? Rik Riley

[edit on 3-2-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I am thinking we might trade Taiwan for Iran.

That is to say, we won't back Taiwan if they don't back Iran.

What do I know, but it sure seems strange.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
mrmonsoon, you are on to something I believe you could be correct on your assumption about the U.S. trading Taiwan in exchange for China going along with us. I believe this further opens the door for us to go in militarily against Iran because of their on going nuclear weapons program. Rik Riley

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Is it possible that we may be offering war contracts for goods and services with China if they make the deal with US? Or perhaps some of the contracts that Haliburton has been privy to in the past? I think of the olden days when during war time we used to push for buying all American, now we have changed to buy only China?

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
ATS Source

News Source

"Beijing used strong wording in its first official reaction to Taiwan's announcement on Friday that it would go ahead with a March 22 vote on whether to seek U.N. membership under the name "Taiwan" against opposition from the United States and China."

The US is now opposed to independence for Taiwan??????

This certainly seems to support my theory.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I don't know if the US is so much against Taiwan independence as much as it is against it coming at the cost of WWIII. I think the US knows that China isn't messing around here and that the US will be in a very sticky situation if this comes to fruition. They will be forced to choose between honoring a promise to the Taiwanese or facing a war with China. All over something as trivial as UN membership.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It is FAR from trivial.

If the UN reconizes Taiwan, then it is reconized by the world as an idenpendent country, not a provience of China.

That would make any action by China declaring war on a country, not a provance it controls.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I understand your point. It is trivial in my mind because it is simply a validation for them that they are what they think they are, independent. I don't think that the UN would do anything different to China regardless of the status that Taiwan holds. They may reccomend sanctions, but China is far to powerful for the UN to meddle with. In my mind it is trivial because all it will accomplish is war. They won't get any significant additional support out of it.

top topics

join