It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain: “I cannot dignify that question with an answer”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Utterly appalling, especially that he is in his home state. The lady should have stopped after he didn't answer the question and should have left the rally.

www.metacafe.com...

[edit on 3-2-2008 by SteveAndrew]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this.
I hope a lot of people take a look at this evasive maneuver.
There will be more.

McCain, if chosen to be the Republican, cannot beat Hillary, or Obama.
Yet, he is a front runner.

[edit on 3-2-2008 by spacedoubt]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

if mccain gets the nomination ann coulter will stump for hillary...that's just scary.

oh...wait, i watched the video... i can understand the response!

the woman said that people are being molested and raped by illegals...what about the rapes that are committed by american citizens? there's no evidence that illegal immigrants commit rape more than any other group...

and the term "anchor baby" is...well...ridiculous.

i wouldn't dignify that with an answer either.

...oddly enough, this is the same candidate that got hubbub for using a racial slur...

[edit on 2/3/08 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
If there are no illegals, then part of the problem is solved.
The other issue is the matter of them committing a crime then retreating back to Mexico to avoid prosecution.

"Anchor baby" is not a racial term at all, unless you think all illegals are of the same race. They aren't and right now anyone from anywhere can exploit this loophole in the 14th amendment.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Well that video was intresting.
McCain was not to good there,its a valid question and it desearves to be answered. I hope it gets asked again on a bigger stage next time.

Dorian Gray

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
If there are no illegals, then part of the problem is solved.

not necessarily...didn't you hear about the illegal who saved a boy's life in the news recently?
not all the illegals are bad people, most of them seem to be simple hardworking folk looking to make a living

The other issue is the matter of them committing a crime then retreating back to Mexico to avoid prosecution.

there's no evidence that this is happening in significant numbers...

"Anchor baby" is not a racial term at all, unless you think all illegals are of the same race. They aren't and right now anyone from anywhere can exploit this loophole in the 14th amendment.

um...i never said it was racial. bigotry isn't just racism. people act like these illegal immigrants have an insidious plot just because they aren't using legal means to get here, but the data seems to show that they're here to WORK
surprise, surprise...

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Space isn't saying illegals are bad. He said if there weren't any illegals, people wouldn't be going back to their country (let's not be biased, not ALL illegals come from Mexico) after committing a crime.

A point Huckabee makes is (which I agree on) is that no person should be scared when they see a police officer/cruiser. We should all think that every person is here legally and that we don't discriminate; that we should follow the Constitution and see everybody equally.

The way you typed up your second quote thing, it is clear you acknowledge at least some crimes being committed and illegals returning to Mexico/other places. Can I infer that you are OK with some deaths? Be them illegals or Americans?

Space said the word racist because he might have taken that away from your post or because Space saw that in your post and you edited your post. I can't say for sure, but I'll leave it at that.

Last, if illegals can't even arrive here legally and safely, there's a chance they might not live safely and legally here.

Listen, I do not dislike illegal immigrants. I want for Washington to change the laws to help them, not hurt. If we change the laws so they punish people who come here illegally, it only helps them.

Think about it. Let's imagine that my candidate (Mitt R.) has changed the rules concerning illegal immigration. He promotes that we have to:

finish the border
return all illegal immigrants back to their countries (humanely)
have them start from the beginning the right way

There are hundreds if not thousands of people just desperate to get into this country, and some die because the elements are too severe for them. They walk hours to try to get into Arizona, Texas, etc and they shouldn't feel this way.

They should be able to stroll into the U.S without the impending fear that the Border Patrol will arrest them at any minute.

We should be embracing the fact that people will risk their lives to immigrate to this great nation, but we must set guidelines for people because eventually this problem will escalate into a greater threat than it already is. Now is the time to act, I love this country and I further enjoy the fact that I have lived in it for 15 years.

Just remember that Mitt and others wish to create and enforce rules concerning illegal immigrants not to burden them, but to help them. We want them to be able to get a job anywhere they desire but they are putting themselves a notch or two lower then the people that live here already and aspire to be.

That is not what our founding fathers thought; they thunk (:lol
that all men are created equal and are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights and among them are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
McCain is a liberal in disguise as a Republican. He has no answers for illegals expect for let them in and give them amnesty. He is too old and angry. He would be the one that presses the red launch button when things go wrong. I don't trust him or agree with his liberal tilt. He will never get my vote even if he becomes the Republican nominee. Romney is a much better choice and would get my vote.

new topics

top topics

join