It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Martial Law Cities

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
How many avaiable troops in the military?
How many troops would be needed to lock down a city and enforce martial law?
would they draw upon local police?

This is a link to the top 259 cities by population. (hope i post it right)

en.wikipedia.org...

If martial law was to happen in a sitX, How many of the cities would get targeted first thing? How long till they would be secure enough to move on to other cities?
Would they use foriegn troops to implement martial law since they would have no qualms about firing on Americans?

I'm asking because I don't know and i need to formulate a plan of action, especially if I am in one of the latter cities to have martial law implemented.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
You're scaring Plucky.

Here's the deal, NORAD is just down the street from me. I think about it all the time. I hear the military jets. If Mister Hankey hits the fan, you sure as bet cities will be sealed. All those people--including myself--that have said "I'll head to the mountains..." will probably have a more difficult time in an attempt at getting there than originally imagined.

It will get ugly.

I've often asked myself why I moved to a big city 3 years ago.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
And I forgot.

Martial law was declared in 1863. Google "GENERAL ORDERS 100". To speak as if martial law has not happened yet is a fallacy.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Sorry plucky,

As long as there isn't a soldier standing on the corner telling me i can't go to the store to get a box of Ho Ho's and reese peanut butter cups I still think I have some time left to act .
I am in a city with an air force base so that prolly makes me a #1 when they activly enforce martial law.

Other people in smaller cities might have more of a fore warning that you or I get.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
That is a very good question! I don't think that it's going to be that easy with troops scattered all over the planet. Unless they think everyone is just quietly going to put their tails between their legs and peacefully walk into a concentration camp. I'll have to put my thinking tin hat on and ponder this one. This never dawned on me.
So much to think about and so few brain cells left to do it with.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
If sit-x comes from either an unexpected natural disaster or an attack from outside sources there will be a time of reactions, decisions and deployment. If the sit-x is our own government gone rogue, think drug sting on steroids. I'd see widespread, massive troop and military equipment movement within our borders as a pretty sure sign that it's time to go camping.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
True Semper,

But some cities are going to be first on the list. And seeing we only have a limited number of people serving in the military they could only do X number of cities. Anyone not in one of the intial cities would have some form of warning?? (I wouldn't depend upon the media to actually cover it).

Those in the inital cities would have little to no warning.

IMO

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Longtime gawker....first time poster...

I think that the start of the "containment exercises" will start with seemingly legal movement. Either a larger scale civil insurection...like that of the LA riots....

or

because or troops are so scattered around the world...multiple bombings in multiple US cities....with the US asking UN troops to "secure our borders."

But I have been wrong before.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I guess the answer would be determined by how many major highway links there are into and out of the city. Check Points can be put up quick on the highways by the military, local law enforcement could be tasked with handling the smaller arteries into and out of those cities.
But it would also require advanced notice to move the required troops and supplies in to do this.
The kind of thing I'm thinking about is the TV show Jericho. I know it's not that realistic, but closing down small cities shouldn't be that tough with local enforcement, and if the ol' poo hits the fan with a multi-city attack, would we even be able to get all the troops overseas here to help? Fed help would be really, really delayed (Katrina to the max).
The Sit-X I keep thinking about is a Pandemic/Biologic attack. That is the worst in my mind.
Just my $.02 ($.035 with inflation)

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Good point Harddrive,

A nuclear strike on a city would most probably force people in other cities out of the major population area, harder to lock down the population.
Were a pandemic would have people wanting to be were the hospitals are for treatment and and alot less fleeing cities in case they get sick.
I might be wrong but it makes sense.
Thanks for the info.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Noah-What

Hi Noah-What, I believe U.N. troops will be used to round up and capture the populace of the United States Of America if and when Marshall Law is declared. The U.N. troops I believe will be and are now housed in the secret 125 underground bases throughout the U.S. Remember these are underground secret base cities with food and water supplies that can last for up to 2 to 3 years.

Many of the concentration camps are located thousands of feet underground and in the western part of United States 166,000 railroad box cars have been fitted with shackles. I have been warned by a friend to get out of any major larger city if and when Marshall law is declared. When this should occur you no longer have any rights. Rik Riley

[edit on 13-2-2008 by rikriley]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rikriley

yes, rikriley

With UN troops, they don't have to worry that they won't fire on the populace were as our military, there would be some that wouldn't shoot their neighbor or fellow countryman.

I have heard also there are a large number of foriegn troops on our soil that we are training.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It is great that you at least are asking the question. Give your self the utmost credit, follow your intuition and trust that you will know when it is time for you to make a change. As for the blue helmets showing up in mass, that is simply and entirely possible and most likely probable. Why, because it is easier to tell them that a certain neighborhood is filled with rebels. If they are to meet the people they could be persuaded to listen and understand.
If you are meant to survive the coming catastrophes, it will be prudent to check out as many possibilities as you can and this site and others similar can show you much. There is an excellent survival forum here with some very bright people that ask great questions too. I for one hope you are where you are meant to be at the right time. Remember to always temper all you do with laughter, patience ,compassion and know that we are the hope of the future.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

I take it your right down the street from Cheyenne mountain? That certainly would not be the best place to be IMO. I spent most of my summers growing up in that general area, and if you could actually get to the more isolate regions in the mountains you probably would stand a pretty good chance of making it for a while. Especially with the number of semi-abandoned ghost towns/summer home type places scattered throughout the state. With the exception of winter and bears I imagine it wouldn't be too tough to rough it out there at least for a while. I found many edible things in the mountains, from wild strawberries to wild onions, etc.

Either way I'd rather deal with hordes of mindless undead zombie types than the mindless military zombies in Sit-X.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thank you antar,

This is a great forumz, I have learned some from the short time I have been here. I know I need to make preperations, no just physical but mental preps along with skills, plus the other view points posted by the other members have given me areas to investigate that I haven't thought of.

Kudos to you all

I was told I was funny, but only in the looks department..

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Noah-What
Would they use foriegn troops to implement martial law since they would have no qualms about firing on Americans?

That scenario seems likely based upon this article:

Canada & U.S to use each others troops

I first found this article on Infowars, but I thought that I'd post its original source.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikriley
reply to post by Noah-What

Hi Noah-What, I believe U.N. troops will be used to round up and capture the populace of the United States Of America if and when Marshall Law is declared. The U.N. troops I believe will be and are now housed in the secret 125 underground bases throughout the U.S. Remember these are underground secret base cities with food and water supplies that can last for up to 2 to 3 years.

Many of the concentration camps are located thousands of feet underground and in the western part of United States 166,000 railroad box cars have been fitted with shackles. I have been warned by a friend to get out of any major larger city if and when Marshall law is declared. When this should occur you no longer have any rights. Rik Riley

Might be slightly off-topic, but does anyone have anymore information on the 125 underground bases? Possible locations, sizes, etc? Are these the same D.U.M.B.s I've read about?

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Hi There,

What makes you all think it will be troops upholding martial law in your cities, I believe you will see paramilitary units from Blackwater (already been used in New Orleans) whom have been established by contract to work civilian streets. Then there are all the cops with taser-itchy fingers, and you already have a force capable of quelling dissent, martialing the rail-cars for the loading of domestic terrorists whom have the temerity to question the government, and thence sending them to the detention centres for the shaving of the activist's head and the implantation of (what some are calling) the 'mark of the beast' - the RIFD chip.

They already know who they want, and you are on their list, due to frequenting sites like this, See you in Colditz.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CherokeeDan

what UTTER TWADDLE

what the fook possesses you to think that CAF personel would shoot american citizens at the drop of a hat

the canadian miltary has a world wide reputation for proffessionalism and good conduct in thier opetations

can you point to any incidences of ` canadian war crimes ` ????????????

the only incidents remotely close were a few isolated incindets where SS and or camp guards recieving summary execution in the closing days of WWII

what the hell makies you think that the CAF is going to mutate into some sort of monsters as soon as the cross the 45th paralel ???

new topics

top topics

join