It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arlen Specter pushes NFL on Patriots tapes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Incredible. As if our nation's business is so slow that our "Senators" need to get involved in our sports.

The New England Patriots have defeated all comers this season, and the odds have them doing it again to the New York Giants on Sunday.

But their fiercest opponent lies ahead: Sen. Arlen "Mad Dog" Specter. (Note: Nobody really calls him that.)

Specter is peeved about the NFL destroying tapes involved in the Patriots' infamous "spygate" incident earlier this season, when the team was caught taping New York Jets' practices and lost a draft pick for it.

And showing that Big Game hyperbole isn't limited to Arizona, Specter told the New York Times that "The American people are entitled to be sure about the integrity of the game. It’s analogous to the C.I.A. destruction of tapes.”

Or not.

weblogs.baltimoresun.com...

What a putz.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
He is just trying to make a name for himself. I would be mad at my senator if he did this.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Mad dog Specter is still upset that his Eagle lost to New England in the Suiperbowl....but quite frankly I think the Senate has more important this to work on!

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Its official Arlen Spector has lost his mind. Put him in a nursing home. He is now calling former players out of the blue.

Specter said Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Damon Huard, a one-time backup to Tom Brady with the Patriots, refused to speak with him, too, during a personal phone call the Senator placed to Huard last Friday.

"I talked to him, and he wouldn't talk," Specter said. "I didn't go through a secretary, and he doubted that it was Arlen Specter. Maybe that is why he wouldn't talk. I don't sound much like Arlen Specter."

ESPN

I'm sure the call went something like this:

Huard:hello
Spector:This is Arlen Spector
Huard:who?
Spector:Arlen Spector
Huard:who
Spector:did the Patriots cheat
Huard:what
Spector:did the Patriots video tape the opponents
Huard:what
Spector: did the Patriots cheat
click

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by testrat

It's a legitimate question.

[edit on 25-2-2008 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   
The man is simply trying to get his name in the headlines. It's a shame actually. Here in Philly, he is being laughed at.

Remember, he is the genius behind the 'single bullet theory'...........

top topics

join