It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New dental plan for Americans: Go to MEXICO

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Everybody here in San Diego already goes to Mexico for dental work.

They look at me funny because I get it done here, it's so much cheaper in Mexico for the same quality work.

The hate for anything Mexican is strong in here, it's very bizarre...

[edit on 2/5/08 by xmotex]

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Its incredible how we Americans have to do what its necessary to get the care we need and the prices we can afford.

I don't blame anybody from going south of the border for any medical need.

I had dental work two weeks ago and even with an insurance I have 946.00 that my insurance didn't cover.

Its just outrageous.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I know people who go to Mexico to get their dental care and I've never heard one horror story. They save enough on the work to pay for the trip from here in Albuquerque, which isn't bad.

I haven't been to Juarez in decades, but I know people who go there all the time. There are places that you are better off not going if you value your life, but there are plenty of places like that here in the US.

Every dentist I have ever known will work on a person with a dental emergency for nothing if they can't pay and will work with the client to pay off any debt over time.

The picture you paint of dental care in America is grossly distorted.

It ain't cheap, but it's available to those who need it and if you really want to or need to, you can to Mexico and party down with the savings.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsHumanNature

FYI - Mexican dentist are certified/qualified and I have found that some offices have better equipment that US dental offices. We drove to Yuma, AZ crossed into Mexico and had
$2500 worth of dental work that was $6500 in the US.

I met several people from Canada, Washington State, truck driver and wife from Florida.
They come from all over the US to get reasonable rates for the same work.

You should try it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join