It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Shark attacks Little Shark

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   

One of the biggest sharks, Jesse, tried to eat one of the smaller sharks. She probably would have done it, except for the quick actions of the aquarium staff. A child first noticed the smaller shark -- a white tip reef shark -- sticking out of Jesse's mouth and asked if it was feeding day.

Source:wcco.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Its an... interesting story but not very relevant to the Crypto forum. Shark's eat sharks all the time. In the words of Qui-Gon Jinn, "There's always a bigger fish."

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I first remember hearing that the White Tip Reef Shark (NOT to be confused with the larger, man-eating Oceanic White Tip) was a juvenile. White Tips can mature at 5-8 feet in length, while Sand Tigers generally Max out at 10 feet in length. This definitely had to be a juve, look at the size difference.

Why in the world would they put a juvenile shark in with adults!? That's suicidal, as young sharks in the wild always seek out shallow Mangroves to protect themselves from this very thing. I hope they learned their lesson, and I'm glad the White Tip made a full recovery. It's never nice watching a baby or juvenile animal bite it (no pun intended).

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I thought the bus sized ones from prehistoric times (Megalodon) were something I would like to see.

From a safe distance.

top topics

join