It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“First Look - Digital Combat Simulations”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:48 AM
link   
The most advanced PC based flight sim series is on the way!

Here’s an in depth look of what it’s all about.

We Knew About Eagle Dynamics Upcoming Black Shark Flight Sim,
But We Didn't Know About "DCS"

www.simhq.com...

No wonder that Air National Guard has already purchased a customized A-10 version of the sim for their pilot training.

Black Shark, AH-64A "Apache" and the A-10 "Warthog" will all have fully functional 3D cockpits, with the ever increasing system operation fidelity.

Here are some of the incredible screen shots of the upcoming sim;

[img] www.simhq.com...[img]

www.simhq.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

Here’s the work in progress on A-10and Apache cockpit models;

What I really would like to know if the new engine will have multi-core CPU support.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Nice find Iskandar. Duly starred. I'm not big on the rotary thing (I really don't trust the Jesus Bolt), but the A-10 sounds cool. The graphics don't look substantially better than LOMAC, but if the modelling of the weapons is better, then it should be good. And I've finally got a rig that should be able to run it at more than 10 FPS

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by iskander
What I really would like to know if the new engine will have multi-core CPU support.

EDIT: From simHQ page:

Q: Will DCS: Black Shark be Vista-compatible and take advantage of multi-core processors?

A: The initial release of DCS will use a heavily modified version of our TFCSE simulation engine that will run Windows XP SP2 and Vista equally well using either DirectX 9 or DirectX 10. However, DCS versions based on the TFCSE engine will not take advantage of DirectX 10 unique features or multi-core processors. We plan however to provide such features in our new simulation engine that is currently in development for later versions of DCS.

[edit on 2/2/08 by kilcoo316]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Interesting news release for sure. Personally takes me back way back to A-10 attack. Anyone else ever play that sim? If we have missions like that sim with these graphics I'll be a happy man.

new topics

top topics

join