It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Caught whilst filming Farming Program (1971)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
actually pretty cool

but its probably either an asteroid, weather balloon, or swamp gas

youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Flagged:

Very interesting . As it seems there are 2 of them . And the 2nd comes on the same path right after in the same manor.
Great find .

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The first thing that comes to mind is "afterburner." It's curious, but inconclusive (ah, but isn't that usually the case).

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Interesting video, thanks for posting it.
I hadn't seen this one yet. One would have to research and see what aircraft were available during 1971 and in that area, and then see if any of them look this way during flight. I am not a human aircraft expert, so Perhaps Someone else can enlighten us?
Flagged and a star.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Found zero documentation concerning this siting on NICAP

www.nicap.org...

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I remember seeing this show.

Now that we are full on into the digital imaging era, these old film footage captures ring more authentic.

That is not to mean it is not a hoax or a misidentification, but the way the object appears stationary at first , lends to it's strangeness...

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I remember watching this documentary in Britain when it was originally released.

Does anyone know what the documentary was called...? If the whole thing is up on YouTube...?

I've been trying to hunt this down for quite a few months

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Maybe they caught a glimpse of something that was using some type of stealth, it put me in mind of these pics below from an old post, I’m not saying there the same thing though

Edit- image

[edit on 1/2/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by uva3021

Originally posted by uva3021
actually pretty cool but its probably either an asteroid, weather balloon, or swamp gas

Hi uva3021, great post.

For me it is a very special one to, so I give you a shining star.

This film is indeed from 1971, and when I saw it in Holland for the first time on TV, I was 27 years old or better 27 years young.

This is the footage that triggered my interest in the Ufo phenomenon about 36 years ago.
When I saw this footage for the first time I thought that is definitely no plane, helicopter, asteroid, weather balloon, Venus or swamp gas
, so what is it?.
Now, after studying the Ufo phenomenon for some 36 years now and being almost 62 years, I know a lot more about this fascinating, amazing and sometimes really disturbing phenomenon.

Thanks again.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Wow, never seen this one before.

Probably one of the best UFO videos ever, flagged. As should everybody else, this is a thread worthy of everyones attention.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
What's this?
Nobody shouting CGI?
Nobody shouting obvious hoax?

I remember this the first time around, and haven't seen it since. Now, viewing it again after all of the intervening years, I recall it distinctly still find it a compelling and an odd piece of footage. And thank goodness it was captured by a proper cameraman.

As to what it is...who can tell (though I'm sure there will be plenty of opinions offered). I don't ever recall it being debunked, or explained.

It is strange the way the object pauses before accelerating away trailing such a massive contrail.
If it is an object entering the atmosphere, perhaps it is coming in on a shallow arc, initialy straight on then curving away to the left, thus exposing its trail. That would explain the apparent lack of movement followed by the subsequent burst of speed. Just and idea from the devil's advocate in me...
On the otherhand, I think it could well be one of those wonderfully and truly unexplainable events that make the study of UFOs continualy exciting.

And going back to the subject of CGI; isn't it perfectly refreshing to see footage, which was taken on film, that has been shown uncut and released from its original, professional source?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Well, it is definately a flying something that leaves a contrail. I
myself, keep the idea of a mis - id. It was probbly a plane that did a manuever that made it appear to stop in mid flight. Some angels would have you believe that if you are in the right spot.

Vance

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteWash
Interesting video, thanks for posting it.
I hadn't seen this one yet. One would have to research and see what aircraft were available during 1971 and in that area, and then see if any of them look this way during flight. I am not a human aircraft expert, so Perhaps Someone else can enlighten us?
Flagged and a star.

The following Aircraft where available in 1971 to be seen in the area whilst in service with the RAF:

Supermarine Spitfire
Avro Harrier
Phantom
Avro Vulcan
Valiant
Victor
Avro Lancaster
Hawker Hurricane

Of these above planes only the Harrier, Phantom, Vulcan, Valient and the Victor were jets and capable of making vapor trails.

However I don't believe any of the jets I listed, where capable of makeing vapor trails of this kind. It seems too thick to be their engines.

I zoomed in on the object and noticed that it indeed spin and looked like no aircraft that the RAF ever had.

Hope this helps.

===================

Uk Alien Buff

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
great stuff UK Alien Bluff

After the lady in the interview mentioned the spinning motion, I zoomed in as well and noticed it appeared to be spinning

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Very interesting, I feel sure that these spheres are the most frequently seen ufo's of all, and to me, look exactly like the recent San Diego, Mexico, and Southern England sightings
Regards,
Horsegiver.
PS,
I've seen four together over Sussex.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by uv777bk
I remember watching this documentary in Britain when it was originally released.

Does anyone know what the documentary was called...? If the whole thing is up on YouTube...?

I've been trying to hunt this down for quite a few months

This video is from the documentary titled U.F.O. released by
The Learning Channel in their series Science Frontiers on October 11,
1994 in the US. The documentary was also broadcast by Discovery and
other tv networks after that date. A classic UFO documentary.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Great video! Oh how I wish they would have kept filming...I wonder what happened to it?

I'm also curious as to what connection, if any, the brief shot of the jets at the end of the vid has with the incident. Random thought.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by uva3021

Great video --flaged

This is one of those rare takes where hardly anyone or no one is able to lable hoax too!
A balloon does not do those manuvers
A jet does not stop in midair and leave that type of vaportrail.
An asteroid in the atmosphere does not traverse horizontaly.
Swanpgass you gotta be kidding

Like one of the members mentiond to bad there is not more with this, mabe someone on ATS can get more.

[edit on 1-2-2008 by angelc01]

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
the video is cool, however, the trail it leaves seems strange for an ET UFO. right?
Dont UFOs use anti gravity or some type of plasma energy (not that I expect anyone to 100% know lol)?
but perhaps this is one of those secret govt man made ufos, experimenting with different types of fuels.

either way, its definitely a UFO cause no one knows what it is.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odessy
however, the trail it leaves seems strange for an ET UFO. right?
Dont UFOs use anti gravity or some type of plasma energy

Just an idea.
Don’t you think that it is possible that the immense energy field [or whatever it is] around such a ship can
react with the air around it and create a trail like this.
This energy field is in my opinion also the cause why you never [almost] can get a clear sharp picture of a UFO.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join