It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will your vote be counted?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Will your vote be counted?

www.democracynow.org

With less than a month before Super Tuesday, every vote counts. But will every vote actually be counted? One-by-one, states across the country are finding critical flaws in the accuracy and security of electronic voting machines. We speak with Clive Thompson, the author of a New York Times Magazine cover story titled “Can You Count on Voting Machines?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I thought the electronic voting would be fixed since the Bush fiasco.

www.democracynow.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I have absolutely no faith in the voting process in America.

There is so much money available thru corruption, kickbacks, gifts etc. even in even small local elections that ballot manipulation is almost assured. The voting officials are a joke. I have seen voting fraud even in my small village, propagated by land developers, real estate people.

Election results are finalized on golf courses even before the ballots are printed.

"If voting really made any difference, it would be illegal"

[edit on 31-1-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
There is no fixing something that is supposed to malfunction. Clearly people voting and messing up the plans of those in charge has led to a more direct way to assure elections go the 'right' way. Some progressive or reform minded President could repeal tax cuts to the super rich or actually force corporation to pay taxes.

www.sptimes.com...

www.chron.com...

www.wired.com...

These articles are all anti-touch screen machines but the federal government continues to pursue its policy of touch screens in all polling places. If you don’t like it don’t vote. It’s the easiest way to guarantee the results. The people who don’t like it are the people who don’t trust the government. Gee if they could keep all those people from voting who don’t trust them……

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
I think it's pretty obvious that not only the voting system, but the entire electorial process has been completely corrupted and rigged for some time now. And in the end, we really don't have a choice in terms of somebody who will change all the special-interest pandering, as ALL candidates are pre-selected and filtered out so that the only ones who get the coverage are those that are already established as being a caterer to above said special interest corporations / military Industrial complex.

We are in a real bad way in these times.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I just finished my voting in Illinois - I'm in a very small town so everyone knows one another. My polling station has several booths set up for paper ballots and one computer to use. The poll workers were asking if anyone wanted to vote on the computer, but there were no takers. Out of about 100 people who had voted so far, I think everyone chose paper ballots. Some are "computer illiterate" and probably intimidated by the idea of voting on a computer, but I think most, like me, simply trust the paper ballots more.

Out of curiosity, how many of you have had a choice of paper ballots?

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Paper or touch screen ? I want paper as it can not be altered through a programmed machine.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

Well ain't it too bad that our vote doesn't really count anyway.

The candidates are chosen based on how many delegates they've 'won' not popular vote.

In some states, they have delegates (this is for the primary) that must vote according to the percentage of popular vote.

For example, let's say there are 10 delegates and X candidate wins 50% of the popular vote from the primary. In a closed delegate state, 5 of the 10 delegates must vote for that person no matter what.

However, in an open delegate state the delegates can vote for whatever candidate they see fit.

And guess how the candidates are chosen? Based on number of delegates.

And we all know how the President is chosen come election time. Electoral college anyone?

So for those who thought we lived in a 'democracy' or a "Constitutional Republic" get with the program. We don't choose #.

I guess yes my vote may be counted, but it won't matter anyway.

Hillary/McCain in 2008 whether we like it or not.

[edit on 2/5/2008 by biggie smalls]

new topics

top topics

join