It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One of my favorite spiritual songs.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:17 AM
link   
This guy God has given the voice of a literal angel, im sure you heard it, its one of my favorite songs of all time.

www.myspace.com...

you raise me up, its beautiful..

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

really?
a song can be very spiritual without relating to the supernatural...in fact, those "spiritual" songs relating to the supernatural mostly tend to be creatively void in the same way that emo often is, as they're always talking about the exact same thing.

"a song is spiritual when it has MEANING. it has nothing to do with god or jesus"
is what a priest in training once told me

here's a song i find very spiritual:

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
here's a song i find very spiritual:

That song is not spiritual to me because it has no meaning to me. Obviously, what has meaning varies from person to person.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
" A song is spiritual when it has meaning "

this is true, but I also didnt say it had to do with God did I? Ive heard spiritual music without words.....

" a preist once told me "

Yea but I be if this presit told you lust was a sin you wouldnt listen to that? watch how you pick and choose what to listen to and not.

Madness whatever is spiritual to certain souls is their choice. Im speaking for (me) only, its one of (my) favorite songs andit does have meaning in it to me......

as for that song, ill listen to it later...

God bless you.

peace.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

" A song is spiritual when it has meaning "

this is true, but I also didnt say it had to do with God did I? Ive heard spiritual music without words.....

yeah, i was going to actually post a death metal instrumental, but i couldn't find a good youtube link

" a preist once told me "

Yea but I be if this presit told you lust was a sin you wouldnt listen to that? watch how you pick and choose what to listen to and not.

here's my response to that:

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.
-Buddha

that statement agrees with my own reason and my own common sense, so i'll agree with it

the very concept of "sin" doesn't agree with my reason

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

i picked the song because i actually find that it has several meanings...
some of my friends find that it's a very hopeless, sad song...
i find it to be a very defiant song.
but, you're right.
different strokes for different folks and all that.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
eerybody has different ears. Like when I was younger I loved wrestling and this was my favorite song. It was a group that stole the name from the real nwo....

www.myspace.com...

I actually still like this song...

its the song titled hollywood.

peace.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Speaking of Josh?

I love this song of his. Inspiring to me anyways.

Don't give up, You are loved

~Ducky~

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

MIMS, Why can't you leave JIT alone for once?

I don't think I've ever agreed with JIT but if he wants to post music that he finds spiritual, that's fine by me. Let him be.

I've posted loads of video's, a lot of them mean a lot to me.
If people don't like them, fine, and do you know what, no-one ever posts and says "Hey Freeborn there crap and I don't see what you find in them".

MIMS, you have a hell of a lot to offer and I enjoy reading all your posts, you make me think and I've learnt a bit from you.
But for this one time, let JIT be.
There'a nothing wrong with JIT posting the music he likes and if it's got spiritual importance to him, well, fair do's.
What the hell has it got to do with me or you?
Not everything religious requires a rebuttal.

Don't want to have a mud slinging match with you and certainly don't mean to offend.

RnR.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

Now the death metal, I could get into.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
This is one of my favorite spiritual songs...

Ray Boltz puts on a concert called, "Concert of a Lifetime" and if you ever get the chance to see it, you should..

I spent half the time on my knees... LOL

"A man is always the tallest when he is on his knees"

Semper

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
This next video I am posting has a unique story for me.

Before I met Chuck, I was college educated, Marine Sniper, SWAT Team leader and who I considered to the be single most independent human on the planet. I was also living an empty life, without faith or substance.

Every time I hear this song, I remember Chuck. He dragged me kicking and screaming..
.. to a "Promise Keepers" meeting where finally my eyes were opened and I saw.....

So, to Chuck...

I thank you for giving to the Lord. My life is more full, satisfying and complete now that I know the truth.

Oh yeah, and Chuck... It was NOT me that tripped you that day going over the fence, but I know who did...

Semper

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Is this the way the Good Lord likes to be praised? Perhaps....

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

You are NOT going to believe what I digged up from 1974!!!

I was searching for this song for ages!!

I heard it played on the radio ALOT back in the 70's, when I was living in Nova Scotia.

Never knew who sang it; never found it until today.

Enjoy!!!!

THE LORD'S PRAYER Sister Janet Mead

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Well Ducky (my favorite animal btw) next to cats.

I must say that, that was very different, very 70s feel to it, the lady had a good voice, and it ws neat how youtube made the different Christ images appear on the screen....

I take it you like that song alot?

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

LOVE IT!!!!

J.I.T.? I remember hearing that song wayyyyyyyy back in the '70's. It was played ALOT on the radio. The song actually made the top 4 on the billboards in 1974. Catchy tune...honest to God.

I played it for my hubby this evening....and WOW...saw goose-bumps on his arm. I lovingly toyed with him, and said: "Awwww...tear in your eye hunny?" He said to me: "Wowww.. haven't heard that one in ages." I asked him if he heard THAT song ALOT on the radio waves, back in the 70's, and he said: "Hell yeah (pardon the pun)...it was played ALOT back then when there wasn't a 'crack-down' of religious stuffs."

Crackdown of religious stuffs....hmmm...makes you wonder eh?

I'm glad you liked the song JIT!!! Happy to oblige.

This song ALWAYS stuck out in my mind/heart....don't know why (lolol mabey I do?)

I'm just a quiet Spiritual person that takes 'one song at a time'...one day at a time.

Love,

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
for those in here that are religious/spiritual, i suggest you give this a listen. it is short.
no lyrics and just an acoustic. this is eric johnson's 'a song for life'.

close your eyes and put this on and see what kind of colors you get...

[edit on 1-2-2008 by Boondock78]

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
GREAT Song Ducky!!!!

Boon!!!!!! I love it.... Really gets inside you...

Semper

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Enjoying a nice cup of tea, listening to Enya. I haven't heard this song in a while. Love her voice. Verrrrry soothing.

Only Time Enya

~Ducky~

posted on Feb, 15 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   
A great song that has a ton of spiritual meaning for me comes from Seal, and the song's called Love's Divine. The video is also flippin' awesome and relevant, too

Another one that's been speaking to me quite a bit is A Beautiful Collision by David Crowder Band.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join