It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A road with "no gravity"?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
OK here we go again,

in one of my few posts i posted a video for something i thought it was a "weird" sea creature, and i found out later after i posted it by the people who commented that it was posted a dozen of times before, so i hope it's not the same case with this one, and even if it is, i searched the boards and couldn't find something related to it while i REALLY would like to hear what do you guys think about it.

and since this video is shot in Amman - Jordan which is a country in the Middle East for those who don't know, the video is in Arabic from one of the big Arabic news channels but it should give you an idea about what i am talking about.

in this video you'll see a two ways street but the gravity in this street goes one way, which is.. up! so if you park your car without pulling the hand break up it will go .... up and if you poor water .. you guessed it! it'll go up!.

geologists who "examined" the area say it's just a trick of the eye! and seriously they didn't explain sh**, so even if you understand Arabic, the "experts" opinion about this case is an ignorant one, i will leave you with the clip, and btw this's not the first street/road i know about in Palestine or Jordan with the same gravity issues! this's the second one i see, the other one is near Jericho.

clipat.maktoob.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
It is a confirmed optical illusion in the 145+ places this 'phenomenon' happens throughout the world.

Scientific Explanation 1
Scientific Explanation 2

[edit on 30/1/2008 by watch_the_rocks]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Thank you. Even though i could not understand a word that was spoken, that was an interesting video clip.
There is something similar here in the USA. Located in the state of Pennsylvania, it is called Gravity Hill. There is a web site about it.
www.gravityhill.com...
I wonder why some spots in the world are like that.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
There is also a gravity hill in Salt Lake City, UT. Used to turn the car off and the car would travel "uphill".

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
thank you guys for the fast reply, i am reading what the science has to say about it
and as i quote this "Even when the true cause is understood it can be difficult to believe" i didn't digest the idea of the optical illusion yet, but i guess this is normal, once a new idea comes in and try to replace an old one, it's not easy to cope with the new one.

thanks for the links.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Yep, an illusion. Huntsville, AL has one with a ghost story attached; They say that some time ago a couple was driving up the road and stalled out. They got out to push the car and it rolled back and killed them. So if you go to the road at night the ghosts will push you 'up' the hill. The same story is probably attached to just about every other road like this too though.

top topics

join