It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just saw a UFO over Sacramento...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
My boyfriend and I just got home from a Rivercats game (August 30 -- around 11p.m.) and were sitting on my porch in Midtown when we saw something in the sky with amber lights flashing around it -- in the stereotypical "flying saucer" shape. Not sure what it was, but neither of us could think of anything similar we'd ever seen except for maybe a blimp. Just was wondering if anyone saw it or knows what it was. Found this site when I googled to see if anyone else had posted something. Just curious -- if I can't find out more, I'm saying I've finally seen a UFO!

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Diplomat

I was on my way to the cobblestone hookah bar off howe and university when I saw something very close to your drawing. It was around 10:00 and as someone who thinks everything is a UFO something was definitely weird about this. What I saw was a oval shape in the sky made up of about 6 lights (BRIGHT lights) that were blinking on and off in a very familiar pattern. I wish there was more information on this, but the lack of it makes me even more sure...something is up in sacramento.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I saw it too! I am glad other people saw it! It was about 9:30 maybe 9:45 I was in my room looking out the window for a second and caught it outta the corner of my eye. 6 bright lights or so moving in a pattern, my husband thought it was a blimp till it started moving faster and backtracked on itself. When I lost sight of it from my window I ran for the front outside and it looked like it was heading towards downtown area. I can say I finally saw a UFO too!...lol...

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

last night I saw the same thing. I went outside to look at a helicopter and noticed 5 or 6 blinking lights. they were an amberish color. I live in south sac. When I went to go get my family they were gone.

posted on Aug, 31 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
YES! I was hanging out in Downtown Sacramento yesterday with a group of friends, and we spotted that thing somewhere over downtown!!!!

It was crazy! That UFO had lights, and it was also DEFINITELY slowly spinning. We had a great angle, too. The weird thing, is, it was moving pretty quickly, and then it slow down, and at some point it STOPPED. And then it vanished, as you described.

The strange thing is that while we were driving to the downtown area, about 20 minutes out of it, we saw the UFO too, so it was in the sky for quite a while.

Very strange.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
saturday night, i noticed a solid black object in the north east direction floating across the sky, i had company over at my house since i was hosting a dinner, my guest and i noticed a black solid object which glided along like a plane, no noise and was solid BLACK.

i figured i didnt want to get my guest all riled up so i said, wow, looks like a black trash bag floating, but the he said, no way! its way to far to be a trash bag. i kept my mouth shut after that but realized i saw my first ufo on 9/13/2008 around 6:45pm

posted on Sep, 16 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Lordthumbs, could it have been an owl? Sorry to post the question so late.

posted on Sep, 17 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I don't know how to embed youtube videos but here's the first part of 3 of some footage shot in South Sac relatively recently, (I didn't shoot it). If anyone's still reading this thread, check it out. I think it's pretty damned good.

www.youtube.com...

Be sure to watch the other 2 parts.

[edit on 17-9-2008 by Flux8]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Last night. October 30th

I saw it on the free-way from Sacramento to elk grove. It was triangle shape. The lights got brighter and brighter and lowered itself straight down behind the trees and that's the last thing I saw of it. I didn't get a picture I only saw it for maybe 10 seconds. Looked like it was 350 feet away. There were also helicopters and planes flying around so when I spotted it I was like there no way that's a plane or a helicopter.

[edit on 31-10-2008 by bagels13]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I was out on my balcony about 4 am having a smoke 2 days ago,was looking up in the sky when a lightflew by up in the sky,it was going so fast it disappeared headed northwest,I'm in So Calif,I'm sure it wasn't an air force jet

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I was coming home from class on Wed. Nov. 5th about 7pm. I first noticed the object turning onto North Park in the No. Natomas area. It was up a couple of hundred feet above the tree line. At first I thought it was a helicopter because of the way it was hovering and moving back and forth and up and down. I got almost directly under it on Northbourgh and could see it wasn't a helicopter. It was triangle shaped with one bright light at the point and lighting down both sides of the triangle. I watched as it almost came to a complete stop, made a half turn and started to move very slowly and quitely toward the East. I followed it up Club Center to Dunlay Dr. and in a split second it disappeared an was gone. It was quit too. This area is within 5 miles of Sac International and I see and hear planes all the time. This was something very different.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Many people see UFOs fly off at incredible speeds. But there are some that "blink" out of sight. Given those reports, what I've seen, and what my family has seen, I don't think they've flown away at all. I think they're still there.

I hate to say it, (sounds cheesy) but I think they've just turned on the invisibilty field or whatever and are still looking around. If anyone sees a UFO and it just "blinks" out, I'd suggest you keep watching the area. If you've got a flash light/laser pointer handy, flash it in the area you saw the UFO last... See what happens

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
This just in from KCRA channel 3 news...

"SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- People from Lincoln down to Modesto have reported seeing a large colorful bright light Tuesday afternoon."

www.kcra.com...

I didn't see it, but I called channel 3 news and the nice lady informed me that witnesses said it lasted 10 seconds in the air. She also informed me that there was a meteor shower yesterday and that tonite's "fireball" was actually a residual meteor. A friend of mine said she'd seen it/heard about it and that as the "meteor" reached the horizon it changed hues. Is this really a meteor? Did anyone out there in the Sacramento area see this? Please sign in and tell us what you saw.

[edit on 19-11-2008 by Flux8]

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I saw it mentioned on Ch3 also. I was pretty bummed I didn't get to see it.

I hope someone can post some pics or something. But does sound like it may have just been a meteor.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Sacramento dude here
I haven't been out too much past couple days
The times I did I didn't notice anything. I am just about to go outside though, i'll keep my eyes up.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Sorry but this "story" is totally false. I was in that exact area at the same time you noted seeing this UFO and all I can say is that you are reporting a false claim. It seems to be the soup de jour.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
damn this is nuts. i am in sacramento aswell and on the 14th me my lady and my roomate saw some ufo-ness goin down aswell.started watching a crazy bright light at about 6pm . watched till about 645.it was way too bright to be a star.then 2 other bright points of light that we thought were stars drifted off and swerved ,eventually moving into one and disapearing.that was when we came out the second time at 12ish.the bright star had a red blinking pattern. we saw numerious planes fly by so there was big diffremce in comparison.and on the way to work i saw another orb drift then shoot upwords...

were in the folsom/citrus heights area.

posted on Nov, 19 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
saw it
just a meteor
it was a very huse light that went to a green blue hue and then out
not a UFO people sorry
I personally saw it on my way home from school

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
I hear there's quite a bit of stuff seen in and around the Folsom lake area (the "floating lady", weird glowing orbs, etc). Thanks for posting what you've seen!

And about the meteor, thanks to the other anonymous poster for giving your take on it. It just seems strange that a meteor would fly across the sky for so long (10 seconds?) but I'm no astronomer. It must have had an extremely shallow entry and had been pretty big (burning off it's outer shell and turning greenish). I wonder where it hit? May be a solid chunk of iron due to the greenish hue. Whoever finds it could make some good $$$. Neat.

[edit on 20-11-2008 by Flux8]

posted on Nov, 20 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I saw something tonight over Granite Bay, California. It was about 8:00pm, I was upstairs in the house and my sister called my cell phone to ask for me to come outside to her car and retrieve an item from her. As I walked out side and towards her car which she was in at the time, I noticed something odd in the sky.
The object was boomerang-shaped with bright runner lights on underneath. There was a commercial plane flying below it that did not seem to be affected by or notice the object above it in the sky. It flew pretty low. I thought I could hear the sound of a low-flying plane. But then after the objects had crossed the sky and was now toward Folsom Dam or Beals Point area, the object was stationary in the sky but obviously rotated in a circle maintaining its boomerang-shape and lights. The way the object moved, does not look the same way that a regular plane can maneuver such as hovering and rotating direction while in place.
It dissappeared behind the tall trees and I could no longer see it. I went inside to grab the rest of the family but it was gone. However, my sister who was about to leave when before this happened, took off in her car toward her destination. She drove down Auburn Folsom Rd toward Folsom. She called me a few minutes later and said she could see it again. It was now hovering around the Folsom Dam area. She also saw what she explained as a shooting star but much brighter right over it. Then, she said it headed back toward the direction of Roseville.
I do not know what I saw tonight and I cannot identify what it was. This is the first time I have seen something unexplainable like this. If anyone has an explanation for it or even saw something similar, please explain...

<< 1    3 >>

join