It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just saw a UFO over Sacramento...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I had just left school this evening and went to the corner store to pick up some drinks because my friend and I are going to watch the re-run of the debate later tonight. So as I am driving home from the store, I see these really weird lights moving along. At first I figured it must be a plane or helicopter since both are constantly flying around over Sacramento.

The movement of the object I saw was similar to that of an airplane, but it did not look like any airplane at night that I have ever seen (and I watch the skies a lot). There were only 4 lights. 3 smaller lights aligned above a larger light which was blinking. Below is a quick sketch I drew of what I saw.

Other than having very weird lights, the main thing that made me think this was not a conventional aircraft was because it completely disappeared (or turned off all of the lights) right in front of me as I watched it. I had just got to the driveway of my apartments, so I quickly pulled over to watch the object. As I watched it slide across the sky it suddenly was completely gone, and never came back into my view... just gone... poof... as if someone turned it off or something.

Did anyone else see this thing?

(My scanner kind of messed up my drawing, it says "Solid" and "Blinking")

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
wow! thanks for the drawing. great idea btw, I had a sighting of some odd lights two nights ago, think I'll do a drawing too..

and I'm in florida, so no chance of me witnessing what you did.

I have to wonder why there seems to be a surge in "ufo sightings"..
what is going on up there??

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I don't know... my guess is military. But why would it just disappear like that? It was pretty weird. Weird, only word really to describe it. It was flying very low also...

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
AHA! Thank You! Zorban my incompetent co-pilot got us lost upon atmospheric entry to your weakling planet so we decided to check and see on ATS who could see us.I told him we missed our turn to get to our base in Nevada. Thanks for the directions Californialings! CIAO!

P.S. Just kidding. Theres been a lot of weird stuff around here lately too.(AZ) Keep your eyes peeled, something is going on.

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
My wife saw her first UFO a few days ago, here in Sacramento! (Jan. 29, 2008) I'll try to describe what she told me.

It was around 10 at night. She was going South on the Cap. City freeway and exited at P street, downtown. While she was stopped at the off-ramp light she saw a glowing amberish colored object overhead in the distance. (It was actually a pretty clear night considering all the storms we've been having lately). Well, she thought it was the ghetto bird (police chopper) until the object started "sparkling" in a circular fashion. After a few seconds or so the "sparkling" stopped and it almost immediately started zig-zagging up and down but always traveling to the right (Westward). That lasted maybe a couple of seconds or so and then it just zipped away at lightning fast speed.

There was another car with 2 people, waiting at the light next to her on her right. After it had happened, my wife looked over and noticed the passenger of that car pointing up in the sky and talking excitedly to the driver (who was looking up as well). They both looked over at my wife and gave her a look like "did you just see that, too?!" Anyway, the light turned green and they both drove on.

The big picture: If you did some searching in the MUFON database you'll notice several people in Southern California have reported seeing 2 "fireballs" falling from the skies, which then hovered and moved about until disappearing, on the 26th of January 2008. Then, here in Sacramento my wife and at least those other 2 people had their experience. And now you saw something the next night... Proverbially speaking, something strange is afoot at the Circle K.

posted on Feb, 2 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Addendum to my previous post:

She saw the object on the 30th, not the 29th. Could it have been the same as what the OP saw??? Curiouser and curiouser...

And concerning the 2 "fireballs" seen primarily in Orange county, which were reported to MUFON, my wife and I were driving down the hill from Auburn and while I was driving she saw it, and I saw the last second or two of the light/"fireball" but we didn't think too much of it at the time. Coming from Auburn the light we saw was over Sacramento. I seriously doubt we could've seen what those people saw in Orange county (an 8+ hour drive from where we were), but it was weird whatever it was.

Well, for what it's worth, there it is...

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Hi Diplomat & Flux8

I am glad to hear that you guys are reporting your experience here. Know one will really knows what you guys saw, I hope it was a genuine UFO. There has been a significant increase of air traffic in the sky's of the Sacramento Valley and surrounding areas.

I live in Roseville and I keep on looking at the sky and there is always lots of lights and objects floating around from many different aircraft, I have seen some really odd stuff with lights in the sky sometimes but it is always pretty obvious that they are from conventional aircraft. I have yet to see anything that drastically different or dramatic to say without a shadow of a doubt it was a UFO.

I did however see my very first black unmarked military copter fly over town just a week ago. I have never seen one of those before, and it was flying low enough for me to see that it was black and there where no obvious markings on it. So the increase in air traffic in general, mainly from military craft, and my first black unmarked military copter fly over town have me on my toes, looking out for any signs of suspicious activity.

I believe that a lot of the air traffic that I see including the (black unmarked military copter fly over town) from my view in Roseville comes from, Beale AFB.

Just wanted to communicate and share my thoughts with you on that and hopefully what you guys saw was really a genuine UFO. Keep in touch.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Interestingly enough I just noticed another thread about UFO's over Sacramento. It turns out that it was started 2 years ago but was just posted on recently.

Here it is
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Not sure if there are any connections.

[edit on 4-2-2008 by PhotonEffect]

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I just posted on the outdated topic not realizing it was 2005! Hahaha, oops. It is a weird coincidence though.

My wife and I aren't too sure about the bright slowly falling object we saw on the 26th, but I'm just jealous of the UFO she saw 4 nights later over Sac
... She's still tripping on the experience. The speed at which it zig-zagged would have killed any pilot if it was a conventional craft, and I don't know of any conventional craft that can zig-zag like in the first place. Anyway, she reported it to MUFON and it's in their database (for those who want to read it from her original perspective).

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I saw a triangle formation of lights over Riverside on Sunday and I'm assuming it had to be a stealth or a passenger jet but I've never seen a passenger jet with triangle formation of lights-although I'm sure it's possible.... But I was watching it and I was pretty sure it was a plane but I thought how easy it could be to mistake for a UFO and as it flew into the clouds it completely disappeared.... And I was like "wow this is how ufo stories get spread"....

Not an answer to what you saw but just an alternate theory

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I have seen something like that, too. Also in sacramento and its surrounding areas. Maybe I will make a thread on it.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by racerzeke

Haha, that's strange becuase, I seen a passenger jet fly over my home (i live directly under the flight path) with white lights on it in the form of a triangle, though, what you would consider to be the front of the triangle was the back.

One light on the tail and one on either wing. It looked like a triangle moving backwards, but I could see that it wasn't.

Ever since I had my encounter, I noticed that the type of lights used on commercial planes keeps changing, I think it is to simulate actual ufos so it is easier for officials to say, "oh, it was this, instead of that." Just my opinion.

posted on Feb, 4 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Universal Mind, you must live in/near downtown (Broadway?), hehehe. We live right under the landing approach, too. Noisy as hell sometimes.

Since we're throwing stuff out there on the table I guess I should also mention that several years ago I saw a weird amber/orange colored light moving across the sky late one night in Carmichael. Didn't think much of it, even when it "turned off". But the hair on my neck stood on end when not but a second later there was a bright flash that lit up the sky briefly. It was like how lightning lights up the sky (and no it wasn't actual lightning, it was a clear night). I immediately told the gal I was seeing and she came outside. While she was scanning the sky in the opposite direction the flash happened again, and she saw it too. I thought that maybe someone in the area was using a camera and it was the flash we were seeing but it literally lit up the whole sky. I guess it's one of those "you had to be there to understand it was unusual".

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I told one of my friends at school about this and he told me one night in Elk Grove he was smoking a cigarette outside watching the stars when all of the sudden 2 of the stars started moving around. He said they would dip and swoop around then come to complete stops and then move again.

posted on Feb, 5 2008 @ 02:43 AM
link   
If i remember correctly, you are a fairly skeptical skeptic aren't you Diplomat?

How does it feel to finally see what others have been describing for decades?

Shame you didn't get any pics.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
When I was living in Murrells Inlet/Myrtle Beach I went out one night to grab some fast food and as I pulled out of our dirt road I saw basically the same thing you did.

First, there was 1 light, then another and another until there were 4 or 5 total lights creating a diamond formation. Then, they all turned off and I didn't see them again. I was stationed at Ft. Bragg for 3 years which is next to Pope AFB so i've seen my share of military aircraft... I don't believe these were military.

The reason I don't believe that is because A. if it was 1 object with multiple lights it was far too massive to be anything human in origion. B. While military aircraft do fly in diamond formations, it's not typical for them to do so at night, with landing lights on, over a large city... O, and did I mention they didn't appear to move?

Still, it is possible that they were military... But I don't believe so... The bottom line is, I don't know what I saw; Hence, it was a UFO. However, I told a local of what I had seen and they said that many others over the years had seen something similar and it was connected to a ghost story or an indian legend or something. I don't believe that, but if the local residents have been seeing these same lights for many years in the same place... Then perhaps there's something geological at work there? I dunno what type of enviornment you live in, but Murrells Inlet is a coastal community with marsh land/rivers.... Perhaps it was just the light of Venus reflecting off the swamp gas? hahha

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
interesting... beale afb, mcclellan afb & mather afb (although shut down, they still have high security access areas). who knows. i saw a show on pbs about sac's secret history. multiple ufo sightings during the early twentieth century were documented.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
People in sac who are down to sky watch! get out..thats awesome.

I used to live in elk grove but now i stay in college greens near sac state.

this post is not about my ufo encounter but a false flag. one that should be remembered.

driving south on I-5 just past greenhaven the airial view really opens up i noticed a bright light in the sky in the southeast direction no clouds around 5:30 dusk. the light gets a smidge lighter so i notice its coming closer i figured it was a plane but was impressed to just see a light in the sky period cause looking at a small object with the vast space behind it is a joy all in its own. my realization that the airport was behind me (near the woodland area) came to play. the funny thing about this light that was sitting there in the sky was that it suddenly doubled.. two lights came into view..

it threw me for a serious loop, ive seen footage of ufo just splitting up before so i thought i was on to something. the first light got close enough to see blinking lights on it.. i realized the second light which just blinked into presence was the airplane starting up the headlights for nighttime flight. and must have been 10 miles behind the other plane. but man was i conviced it was ufo's instead of just claiming to see a ufo, i pulled over at the shell gas station in laguna and got out.. i watched them all pass over to make sure.

sacramento is the mecca of muticultural living, so im surprised we havent had our own pheonix lights yet.

keep watching sacramentins its important.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 03:27 AM
link   
DID ANYONE SEE A BRIGHT OBJECT IN THE SKY OVER NORTH HIGHLANDS ELVERTA AREA IN SACRAMENTO COUNTY? THIS OBJECT WAS A BRIGHT LIGHT NO COLOR DANCING IN THE SKY FROM WHEN I NOTICED IT AT 10:40 P.M. TO 11:15 P.M. WAS WALKING TO MY CAR AND TURNED AROUND TO SAY BYE TO MY MOM AND SAW THE LIGHT I THOUGHT IT WAS FALLING STAR, IT WAS FALLING SLOW SWAYING FROM SIDE TO SIDE THEN IT SHOT STRAIGHT UP AND SLOWED DOWN AND WENT SIDE TO SIDE AND DROPPED FAST ZIG ZAGGING THEN IT WENT TO THE SIDE AND STOPPED REAL FAST, IT DID THIS FOR 35 MINUTES. IT WAS THE COOLEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN. IT WOULD GET REAL BRIGHT, THE DIM, IT WOULD MOVE FAST THEN SLOW. I CALLED CHANEL 3 NEW, THEY SAID NOBODY REPORTED IT BUT THEY WOULD LOOK INTO IT. WE WATCHED IT FOR 35 MINUTES UNTIL IT STARTED FLOATING DOWN AND SHAKING FROM SIDE TO SIDE, AND THE LAST 30 SECONDS I COULD SEE THERE WAS SOMETHING ON TOP OF THE LIGHT. IT WENT DOWN WHERE WE COULDN'T SEE IT ANYMORE AND NEVER CAME BACK UP. DID ANYONE SEE ANYTHING ON AUGUST 16 BETWEEN 10:40 AND 11:15? IT TAPED IT ON MY DIGITAL CAMERA, BUT IT'S NOTHING NEAR AS GOOD AS WHAT WE WATCHED IN PERSON.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Well, since we've pretty much hijacked Diplomat's thread I'll put this down here (sorry Diplomat)... here goes. I've mentioned this before in another thread but have decided to put it here for us Sacramentans and surrounding areas. My first up fairly close UFO sighting.

July 4th 2008. ~23:00. Near downtown Sacramento. Fire works have died down for over an hour in my neighborhood. I finish talking to my neighbor (who goes inside his house), I light a smoke and I walk up on my porch to a place where I can see the sky directly overhead. Just then a purplish solid glowing V shape silently passes overhead and disappears behind trees (4-5 seconds in sight). If I had to guess I'd say it appeared maybe 50-200ft above my house, just above the tree line. It went directly overhead. It wasn't smoke, fireworks, search/flood light, etc. It appeared as if it was glowing energy bleeding through on the leading edge/hull of an invisible ship. Again, it was illuminating something solid but in an ethereal way, if that makes sense.

I didn't report it to MUFON or anything because it happened on the night of the 4th of July.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join