It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DISINFORMATION - PSYOPS for Civilian Operations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The level and frequency of deliberate disinformation propogated by the government since '45 is sufficient that any claims of proof of alien spacecraft no longer need to be actively discredited.

To the general, unscrutinizing public, such claims would be automatically overlooked due to numerous previous publicly debunked claims.

It's already been acknowledged that most of the claims of proof of alien existence was indeed contrived by agents of the government or those sympathetic to their cause for the expressed purpose of discrediting.

Look closely at the history of media regarding this issue, as well as other issues, as this technique is widely used against the civilian population.

Another technique is distraction - a very effective method of exploiting the media to cause the majority to look away from an event that is actually taking place at the same time.

These techniques are used today and have been used in military operations to ensure greater survivability of friendly forces, and to delay or deter an unwitting enemy.

Keep this in mind at all times.

DeltaChaos Out

[Edited on 13-2-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
One example is (and I know it sounds like a conspiracy, but the intentions were well meant) the government will stage some kind of huge accident (oil spill, some dock blowing up, etc.) with no casualties, or at least there usually aren't supposed to be, that will catch the media's eye.

While the media has all it's cameras focused at the 'tragedy' at hand, the government will carry out missions that would be severly compromised by the wandering eye of the camera, especially in this era of "Live Information and News". It's hard to prove these things happen, except that you hear about the "tragedy" right along with some lesser news about how 'at the same time on the other side of the world' some special forces invades such and such or so-and-so's home and diverted this and that or whatever.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Or worse yet, Janet Jackson on the Super Bowl, distract the people, and the media at the same time.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley
Or worse yet, Janet Jackson on the Super Bowl, distract the people, and the media at the same time.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum
One example is (and I know it sounds like a conspiracy, but the intentions were well meant) the government will stage some kind of huge accident (oil spill, some dock blowing up, etc.) with no casualties, or at least there usually aren't supposed to be, that will catch the media's eye.

While the media has all it's cameras focused at the 'tragedy' at hand, the government will carry out missions that would be severly compromised by the wandering eye of the camera, especially in this era of "Live Information and News". It's hard to prove these things happen, except that you hear about the "tragedy" right along with some lesser news about how 'at the same time on the other side of the world' some special forces invades such and such or so-and-so's home and diverted this and that or whatever.

Brilliant!!!

See Post: Seek in earnest...

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
lol... I didn't watch the superbowl, but I did download the clip after I heard about it. Definitly a 'media pherimone'!

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   
DeltaChaos writes:

"It's already been acknowledged that most of the claims of proof of alien existence was indeed contrived by agents of the government or those sympathetic to their cause for the expressed purpose of discrediting."

Good post, but I'm curious about the sentence above. What acknowledgement are you refering to, can you name a specific case? I assume you're refering to the Paul Bennewitz thing.

[Edited on 13-2-2004 by Condorcet]

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
So what was the important issue Feb 2nd?

Janet Jackson......YES,...received detailed coverage for days!

Ricin in the Senate?....ohh no no,...just some harmless hard-to-catch ricin,...nothing to worry about,...continue discussing Janet please.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
lmao... I watched that footage over and over again... good thing my GF already knows I'm a perv

I betcha the gov was implementing some laws about her left breast while everyone was focusing on her right one... that's gotta be it!

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
And could it be possible that, the Ricin had just been detected shortly before the superbowl, and the Fed decides a distraction was necessary just prior or during the official announcement of the Ricin, to dilute the power of the event in the public eye?..Janet was picked becouse evrybody will follow with interest the actions of a Jackson.

[Edited on 14-2-2004 by smirkley]

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The best example of distraction (diversion, more accurately) in the media recently was the bombing campaign in Kosovo during the Monica Lewinsky thing. Textbook.

[Edited on 14-2-2004 by DeltaChaos]

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
there was another perfect example of this technique in the british media recently, with the rape tape allegations involved a certain member of the royal family were all over the press, then the news of fellow royal Prince Edwards wife sophie giving birth prematurely seemed to divert all media attention from the scandal which now seems to have died down.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Exactly. Everything dies down once the media's focus is removed and the people can no longer see it. Out of sight, out of mind.

And since most people get their news from television, which induces intellectual myopia, great numbers can be led toward, or away from what's really going on.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I think another way the government keeps us in the dark over the UFOs are to start and/or support some of the more dumber rumors and UFO stories to make the more serious ones look bad. That way they can discredit the whole idea of UFOs and aliens without having to bother with each story. Why bother with the evidence when you can have people think "OH..... another one of THEM" everytime someone brings the subject up.

Thats why it is importent for US to remain skeptical and not blindly support any outlandish story that comes along, doing so only hurts our cause.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Just remember though that not all disasters if not most of them are not deliberate acts.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I'm actually frightened of the general distaste for Islam virtually created by and still being fuelled by the mainstream media in western civilisation.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Yes and Islam is not doing a good job of making itself look good either.

top topics

join