It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attorney General Mukasey : Waterboarding can be legal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Attorney General Mukasey : Waterboarding can be legal

www.presstv.ir

In his three-page letter to Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Patrick Leahy, Mukasey explained he finished a review of Justice Department memos about the CIA's current methods of interrogating terror suspects.

"I understand that you and some other members of the committee may feel that I should go further in my review, and answer questions concerning the legality of waterboarding under current law,'' Mukasey wrote.

The attorney general added, "If this were an easy question, I would not be reluctant to offer my views on this subject. But, with respect, I believe it is not an easy question."

"There are some circumstances where current law would appear clearly to prohibit the use of waterboarding. Other circumstances would present a far closer question.''

He declined to comment what the 'other circumstances' are.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.msnbc.msn.com

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Unravelling as another member of the neocon Cabal, Michael Mukasey refuses to publicly open the way to full-fledged criminal investigations into some of the more questionable 'methods' used in the war on terror. The innermost values of our society are at stake, but still Mukasey refuses to 'provide an answer' on the legality of torture in the United States.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

join