It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey finds $4 gasoline would curb travel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Survey finds $4 gasoline would curb travel

www.reuters.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - If U.S. gasoline prices hit $4 a gallon this year, more than half of Americans surveyed said they would reduce holiday travel and cut back on personal spending to offset the higher pump costs

Results were released Wednesday of 1,001 Americans surveyed on behalf of the Massachusetts-based Civil Society Institute think tank and its 40MPG.org project which pushes for more fuel efficient U.S. cars and trucks.

"These survey findings suggest that $4-a-gallon gasoline could be a real tipping point for the public," said 40MPG.org spokeswoman Ailis Wolf.

The U.S. Energy Department is forecasting that high crude oil costs will push gasoline prices to a record $3.50 this spring when driving normally increases, and 71 percent of those surveyed expect gasoline will hit $4 a gallon this summer.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Uhhh....ya think? LOL

Most people are being strangled for survival at the $3.00 range. As the rape of our nation by these crooks continues, I see them continuing these hikes until the only commuting we'll be doing is back and forth to our two-jobs and the grocery store.

Sickening.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
So...... How much of my tax money paid for these geniuses to come up with this?

There is truely no cure for stupidity.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
at $4 a gallon I will quit work and go on welfare and try to get some of my tax $$$$$$$$$ I have paid in over the years. As I could not afford to run my business at $4 a gallon for gas. I am barely getting to work and back now as it is.

Lets see , here is what will happen if gas hits $4 a gallon.

1. Transporting / shipping goods to stores will cost more.

2. Food costs will increase another 5-10 %.

3. More people stealing gasoline.

4. Farmers will start going Bankrupt.

5. You will see plenty of used gas hog suv for sale.

6. Our Government will say evrything is fine and the economy is great.

7. Oil executives will get 30-50 million dollar bonus checks for creating an artificial oil shortage that insured Trillion dollar profits.

8. Hillary clinton gets elected and the world explodes.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Nailer

I think one got it right in here.... and that's you.

p.s: last part is a bit harsh, no?

top topics

join