It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Led Zepplin's Subliminal Perceptionery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
jeffmilner.com...

Years ago someone told me that if you played Led Zeppelin's Stairway to Heaven song backwards that you could make out "satanic messages". It is not my opinion that Led Zeppelin and the other artists here were given some kind of evil power to make these backwards sounds have a satanic message. And, no, I did not create this to show the evils of Rock and Roll. Instead I made this flash piece for two reasons: 1. I was new to flash and wanted to be better at it and 2. The reverse files sound cool.

Some dude commented that he thought the Stairway to Heaven clip was fake, so if you've listened to the sample above and are still skeptical, below is the clip in MP3 format. Flip it yourself if you don't believe me. You'll need a program like SoundForge or Audacity to edit MP3's.

www3.telus.net...

~MrPrimo2008~

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/30/08 by FredT]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Wrong thread. (Hey, I'm human---almost.:lol

Sorry for that.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
There's a 'subliminal' message in the lyrics when just played forwards

Anyway, I tried to listen that backwards and didn't hear a thing. And what a chance that human brains interpret speech/lyrics backwards after hearing them? I don't know - I think this 'satanic messages in lyrics' stuff is something so amusing that I cannot completely comprehend it.

I mean;

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
YAWN

this is like 30 years to late now

led zeppelin is the reason vietnam started

everyone knows that

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The human ear can hear language in gibberish as well as our eyes can spot devil's faces in campfire flames.

For example:

www.grapheine.com...

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Try this... record yourself singing exactly like on the record. Play it backwards.

See..? Anyone can emulate it. Why? Because it is just a coincidental arrangement of vowels and speech patterns that SORTA sound like something intentionally spoken. Backmasking is a total joke. If you look hard enough you can find just about anything in any recorded music from ANY genre.

To accuse the members of Led Zeppelin of intentionally adding a secret hidden backwards message into their music is completely ridiculous. If you want to try an even better experiment…. Record yourself over the course of a few minutes of conversation with someone else. Talk about anything!! You will hear all sorts of weird crap.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
If you play it backwards the secret message is- Drink more Ovaltine.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

Explain yourself, please?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Yes you can surely hear and see alot going on here:
What a weird dealie!?!
Wow...maaaaan.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Why would you want to revive the religously motivated anti-rock-n-roll dramatizations of the 70s and 80s.

We barely got out alive, comeon man, freedom of speech not oppression...

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
They'll all be burning in Hell with members of Judas Priest and others for destroying the lives of our oh so innocent children. Where is Tipper Gore when you need her, she did so much for the music industry!

To me it boils down to the mind hears what it wants to hear. Though on long time ago, in the 386 days, a friend of mine played something off of The Wall and we heard things as well but I thik it was a joke.

Also, perceptionery is not a word.

Just saying.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
led zeppelin is the reason vietnam started

everyone knows that

Really? The Vietnam War was fought over a bet that Howard Hughes lost to Aristotle Onassis.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by jerico65]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
yeah? this is all nuts! led zeppelin is just rock, ive been listening to them for years and im not evil at all!

whoever says that their music is satanic must not like their music.....

you most likley listen to some crap like hip-hop

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bobafett1972
They'll all be burning in Hell with members of Judas Priest and others for destroying the lives of our oh so innocent children. Where is Tipper Gore when you need her, she did so much for the music industry!

To me it boils down to the mind hears what it wants to hear. Though on long time ago, in the 386 days, a friend of mine played something off of The Wall and we heard things as well but I thik it was a joke.

Also, perceptionery is not a word.

Just saying.

people like you make me sick for insulting that which you do not know.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Geoff Zeppelin

Ummm, back up a bit and maybe re-read what I posted. Or do you not understand the concept of sarcasm? What did I do to insult anything? And what do I not know? It is called, once again, sarcasm, used to inject humor in your day. Sorry that I ruined yours by making you ill.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Dude, I think he was just making a funny. Easy, Biscuit, and throttle back a bit.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Led zeppelin has enough symbolic and inferred messages in their music when played normally to make the need to put backwards subliminal messages on their albums pure silliness.

And I thought this whole debate was over and settled 20 years ago.

I think Time and thinking would be better spent on the oversexualization and violence in the music and imagery kids are exposed to in the here and now...makes Zeppelin pretty darn tame!

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Geoff Zeppelin
whoever says that their music is satanic must not like their music.....

Hey, I like the Osmonds!!!

/sarc

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   

people like you make me sick for insulting that which you do not know.

I smell irony cooking!

Don't come into my house when your drunk with prejudice!

[edit on 31-1-2008 by Moegli]

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Dude, I think he was just making a funny. Easy, Biscuit, and throttle back a bit.

i know, right? people need to calm down:

top topics

<<   2 >>

join