It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is that a Castle on Mars?!? On its side!?!?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Who wants to go to Mars? I know I do. But who was there first? or Last for that matter.... Where did the last existing Martians go and Why? Wheres all the stuff they left behind? Were they tall, did they look like us? How about if they were were to build structures like buildings and such, what would they look like? Would they be enormous and reach into the Martian sky such as our skyscrapers here? Or do you think they'd be very much like our ancestors living in the sides of hills, out of pueblo type homes?

In the following images, you are going to see several examples I have found in one MOC strip. You may find that you'll disagree with how I've chosen to name the items as I've found them, or you'll disagree that they exist as how I am pointing them out to you. If thats the case, no problem, I'm merely pointing out what in my opinion is there on the Martian floor, in the dirt, waiting for us - the next potential clean up crew. If we get that lucky and the environment permits.

Thanks for looking, I hope you enjoy the pics as I did finding them.
spikeD.

In this image, the viewer can see several anomalies, such as the "fallen castle" shape, the terrace on the western wall, an array of buildings on the east side of the ravine, an arched doorway also on the western wall, and something I've yet to be able to identify....

Heres what I've dubbed the "fallen castle", except I've rotated it 90 degrees for you.....

This is a blow up of the "terrace" from the western wall, one could assume or easily dismiss it for a crater or remants of, however, given the anomalies in proximity I think it might be likely that all of this might have been all part of one structure at one time. See what else you can find...

Here is a closeup of the archway, I wonder where this will take ya?

Is that a sandcastle on Mars? These next two photos I dubbed the (Southern) shoreline(s) because it looks as if this could have been a water flowage at one time. Notice all the odd shapes in the martian sand/terrain.

Northern Shoreline
[IMG]

Whats in the hut?

various stray structures..... a couple square ones (more huts?), a couple odd ones...

source images:
www.msss.com...

www.msss.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This pics from mars are always interesting. alot of them back up the claim that they live under the surface. Well never know till we send some one there to knock on there caves and say hello. Untill then we can just play with our imagination and take guesses at these weird photo's of things.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Spaxz

I wonder if its a bit of both. They being surface dwellers and underground. Unfortunately we dont really have too much to go other than what you, I, MikeSingh
, and the rest of us hardworking Martian-philes can scrape up off the pics that are available to us. Even then, what proof do we have? But it is fun, is it not?

[edit on 29-1-2008 by spikedmilk]

[edit on 29-1-2008 by spikedmilk]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Do you know what the scale is on these pictures? I have a funny feeling that the features you're identifying are tens or hundreds of mile across...which would pretty much blow them all out of the water.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
With such large eyes and potentially sensitive skin, they might have to live underground. I wonder if they are jealous of what he have on earth? maybe not....who knows what lurkes beneath.....

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle
Do you know what the scale is on these pictures? I have a funny feeling that the features you're identifying are tens or hundreds of mile across...which would pretty much blow them all out of the water.

Still working on that... in the meantime, heres the provided image data:

www.msss.com...

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
So all of you, save one, are accepting these images at face value? I can barely even make out anything that resembles what the original poster intended to make them out to be save the first hut, and that still doesn't look like a hut.

They're terrific pictures no doubt, but they don't say anything that you're trying to imply.

You guys assume so much and then cannot back it up with any science. =s

[edit on 29-1-2008 by Platinumstorm]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Isn't that John Lear's summer home! lol... sorry i couldn't resist... carry on... *squint and you shall find*

Mod Edit - No but this is a one line post.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 29-1-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Platinumstorm
So all of you, save one, are accepting these images at face value? I can barely even make out anything that resembles what the original poster intended to make them out to be save the first hut, and that still doesn't look like a hut.

They're terrific pictures no doubt, but they don't say anything that you're trying to imply....

Just to give you some insight on how I named them, I didnt sit on the pics for a week and ponder "what should I name them"? I merely named them "as I saw them, when I found them". Granted the name probably wont fit the bill to a 'T", but I was pretty sure it would get the point across.
For example: (I'm still being respectable like
) "Hey heres a hut, notice the thatched roof....." Not what I said, nor implied my friend. It was round, it had an opening, it looked like it was big enough possibly for something (who knows what to crawl/walk in and out of.. ) plus theres something (debris?) leaning in the "entranceway". It was the opening and object leaning in there so casual that made me choose to name it so.

Thanks for the post and welcome to the club.

spikeD.

Originally posted by never_tell
Isn't that John Lear's summer home! lol... sorry i couldn't resist... carry on... *squint and you shall find*

I assure you, no squinting was necessary. A couple double-takes and stare sessions. But I pretty much saw everthing you see circled in the first photograph, the instant I opened the MOC image in my browser and let IE expand it the normal 150% or whaever the default is. It wasnt until I applied it to Mcrosoft Office photo editor did the details become evident.

Thanks for looking!

spikeD.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Hey there BT, sorry for the delayed reply.
The width of the entire MOC is 2.90 kilometers which would equate to 1.8 miles, so respectively I think "tens of hundreds of miles across" might be a slight exaggeration.

Keep in mind that the camera in Mars orbit is 376.7 km/ or 233 miles. As far as the size of the objects, the one I'm tryin to get a scale on is is the "castle"... and I've yet to figure out a clear way to do that.

I appreciate your interest though!

spikeD.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by spikedmilk]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
thanks for sharing... i dont know why but I want to believe there were structures on Mars which are now only rubbles..

I was watching the "mars rising" series on discovery or science channel, the way they have made the programme, one will think that is it true. were our astronauts really already travelled there

there are lot of stories going around regarding mars.. wating for truth

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeff Riff
With such large eyes and potentially sensitive skin, they might have to live underground. .....

Well if there are martians they are certainly very coy about showing themselves, and also, they obviously don't need oxygen to survive, never mind the eyes.

I hope they're underground, cause if they ain't, well I hope they have some thick fur!.

In some parts of Canada it is a balmy -30 degress Celsius and yet some cities are almost entirely paralyzed by the "cold"...those frail Canadians; heck on Mars it's like -100 celcius, you realize nothing is gonna be moving around there right?

At least not on the surface...

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
i honestly see nothing in the areas you circled. in one of the pics i see a crater with what looks like a wind-blown dune.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Incredible!!!
I see a whole bunch of rocks and other geologic formations in blurry, non-descript photos!!! I would have never thought in a gazillion years that Mars would have various geologic formations such as rocks, ridges, mountains, valleys, craters and such! And to think... this whole time I assumed that Mars was just an absolutely flat desert-like landscape devoid of any features. This is IT for me - there HAS to be some type of alien conspiracy! I mean, we have blurry pictures of rocks on Mars!!!!

I hope people could see the sarcasm oozing off of this post! Can we please stop posting BS, blurry, non-descript pictures of NOTHING and pretending like something is there? Pretyy Please!?!?

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikedmilk
Hey there BT, sorry for the delayed reply.
The width of the entire MOC is 2.90 kilometers which would equate to 1.8 miles, so respectively I think "tens of hundreds of miles across" might be a slight exaggeration.

Where did you get those numbers from? The numbers I found state that that series of pics are 1:5,000,000 scale. That means, on the original photo, 1 inch = 78 miles.

According to the site, even the newest pictures of mars from the orbiter are 230m per pixel.

[edit on 30-1-2008 by BlueTriangle]

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Where did you get those numbers from? The numbers I found state that that series of pics are 1:5,000,000 scale. That means, on the original photo, 1 inch = 78 miles.

According to the site, even the newest pictures of mars from the orbiter are 230m per pixel.

Using this as an easy back up for conversions....
www.worldwidemetric.com...

and this for the distance values/info:

The date given for this "strip", 8/19/2000

I'm curious where you got your numbers from....

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
You're right, I misread the page. You can understand my suspicion. I've been a victim of one too many threads where the OP points out what looks like a house and 4 pages later in the thread it's exposed that the "house" he's pointing out is about 400 miles across.

I have to admit, I don't see anything in those pictures other than blurry rock outcroppings. I encourage you to keep searching though.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

You're right, I misread the page. You can understand my suspicion. I've been a victim of one too many threads where the OP points out what looks like a house and 4 pages later in the thread it's exposed that the "house" he's pointing out is about 400 miles across.

I have to admit, I don't see anything in those pictures other than blurry rock outcroppings. I encourage you to keep searching though.

Tis cool my friend, you're cool, I'm cool - we're all a bunch of Fonzies here.

I will if you will. peace.

spikeD.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Incredible!!!
I see a whole bunch of rocks and other geologic formations in blurry, non-descript photos!!! I would have never thought in a gazillion years that Mars would have various geologic formations such as rocks, ridges, mountains, valleys, craters and such! And to think... this whole time I assumed that Mars was just an absolutely flat desert-like landscape devoid of any features. This is IT for me - there HAS to be some type of alien conspiracy! I mean, we have blurry pictures of rocks on Mars!!!!

I hope people could see the sarcasm oozing off of this post! Can we please stop posting BS, blurry, non-descript pictures of NOTHING and pretending like something is there? Pretyy Please!?!?

Kozmo, I guess if you dont see them then you dont see them. However, I get the distinct feeling you might not have really taken the time to actually open the MOC file and take a look for yourself or even take the pics I've provided for you and blow them up enough so you can 'study' them - just a little. Maybe you didnt have the time, no problem. Honestly, I dont think you're that interested.
I myself am quite busy today, so I wont being doing too much detailing today.
But if it is BS as you put it? And you made it sound like they all are (the various threads day to day).....then why did you even bother showing up?
Oh well, I enjoyed your company anyway, I aint like that.
In the meantime, heres what I was able to do today, for you because you were so full of tact

a slightly lighter version of the "enterance" (keeping in mind, the names are only given as I saw them initially and should not be taken at full face value)....

Because, as I dubbed this "fallen castle", you'll notice - It does not contain four towers as some of the castles you and I are used to in our history books and fairy tales

Anyways, I sharpened this up a little and added the negative hoping it added a little perspective.....

thanks again for stopping by.
spikeD.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by communicator
thanks for sharing... i dont know why but I want to believe there were structures on Mars which are now only rubbles..

I was watching the "mars rising" series on discovery or science channel, the way they have made the programme, one will think that is it true. were our astronauts really already travelled there

there are lot of stories going around regarding mars.. wating for truth

We're all waiting Communicator
, lets just hope its in our lifetime. Thanks for looking!

I thought maybe I should return the "castle" back to the position in which I initially found it but this time with a little bit more sharpness and contrast comparison......

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join