It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yob Britain - Thats Me ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Today in our society a phase is used alot more than it used to be, this is 'Yob Britain'. What this refers to is the youth of today being nothing more than a bunch of Yobs.

The web definition of Sterptyping is: A stereotype is a preconceived or oversimplified generalization involving negative beliefs about a particular group. Negative stereotypes are frequently at the base of prejudice....

So the elder members of our society in the UK are stertyping the youth of today as beer drinking, hoddy wearing toe rags, for lack of a better expresion.

I am 17 years old and i drink illegaly, and i like to drink. I do not drink exsesivly, maybe once a week, two times on the two week holidays from college. Tonight i will be going out to a pub close to my home, i will enjoy a few pints of beer and i intend on playing the pub quiz, and not coming in last as i did last week

I admit that today there is alot of teens who are Yobs, but we are not all Yobs. The older memebrs of society are needlessly sterotyping an entire generation.

It think that the scale of sterotyping the youth in this country is horrible, would you over 21's like me to sterotype all of you ?

Fox

Edn

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProTo Fire Fox
I am 17 years old and i drink illegaly,
You cant drink illegally (unless its outside), the law (correct me if i'm wrong) only prohibits the sale of alcohol to under 18s not the consumption, so you can drink all you want, its legal.

Though I think your supposed to be accompanied by an adult?

A restaurant where i work had to let an 8 year old drink wine because her father asked for a glass for her.

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Do you wear a burberry hat or shirt?

If you do I think that would make you a Chav: not a yob.

You sound pretty much like a reasonably average teenager. (No offense intended). There always needs to be someone to blame for everything.

"Yob culture" covers a lot of problems and gives politicians a quick answer for the press when in reality it's a load of BS.

MonKey

posted on Feb, 1 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
No i dont wear any burberry. I hate burberry.

Fox

posted on Feb, 8 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
You're in a social grouping that is similar to Muslims. Not all Muslims are terrorists, but most terrorists are Muslims.

Similarly, not all teenagers are yobs, but most yobs are teenagers.

At least for you, you will one day grow into something else, towhit, an adult.

Ok, now on with my Nomex suit before all the Liberals fire up their indignant flamethrowers.

new topics

top topics

join