It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't believe this........

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
msgboard.snopes.com...

Hi, I am new to both, ATS and BTS, So i hope i am posting this in the right area.
My name is Missa, and I am 24. I have two daughters, 2 and 6. I am wiccan, and have been that way since I was 13.
I can't believe that Bush would do that! It's against the constitution! (please pardon my spelling it sux ass) that is just as bad as him banning Gay Marriage! That is basicly bring chruch and state together.
It pisses me off to think that he is now trying to take freedom of religion away from us.
Because of his fumbles with our government, we are almost going into a depression.
I am glad elections are coming up, and he can no longer run!!~

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I wouldn't worry even if he does pass a bill like that,I doubt congress would even think to pass it.

keep believing what makes you happy..

spazic

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Wasn't this just a comment he made on "Good Morning America" in 1999?

I believe it was and has no relevance currently..

Source

for George W. Bush, who is president in 2005 to retract his statement "The military should rethink their position. ...[Wicca is] not a religion." on Good Morning America in 1999 AND

In fact this kind of says it all here..

The Bush administration has conceded that Wiccans are entitled to have the pentacle, the symbol of their faith, inscribed on government-issued memorial markers for deceased veterans, Americans United for Separation of Church and State announced today.

“This settlement has forced the Bush Administration into acknowledging that there are no second class religions in America, including among our nation’s veterans,” said the Rev. Barry W. Lynn, Americans United executive director. “It is a proud day for religious freedom in the United States.”

Source 2

So I guess it was settled...

Semper

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
my bad.
A friend of mine told me about the article a few days ago.
So his bad too.
My appologies.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
No that's ok...

By reading the Blog it looked recent...

Also the decision to allow Wicca on the tombstones was recent as well and about time in my book...

Religion has no place in politics, good or bad. Well except to make sure it is not restricted...

Semper

new topics

top topics

join