It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas UFO Sighting and The Media Coverage Clue

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
THIS THREAD IS A REWRITING OF AN EARLIER THREAD
THAT WAS CLOSED BECAUSE IT WAS DEEMED REDUNDANT
BECAUSE THERE ARE ALREADY STEPHENVILLE THREADS...

However- THIS IS NOT ABOUT THE SIGHTING PER SE-
IT IS ABOUT THE MEDIA REACTION--- SO MODS-
PLEASE CONSIDER NOT CLOSING IT, BECAUSE THIS IS A NARROW
FOCUS THREAD THAT HAS NOT BEEN ALREADY DISCUSSED. THANKS!

=-=-=-=-

The Texas UFO Sighting --- The CNN, MSNBC and Mainstream Media Exception

--

There are probably a few threads already going about the recent
(January 15/16) sighting of a HUGE Phoenix Lights type of UFO
in Texas, southwest of Dallas.

This thread does NOT EXIST to talk about the sighting itself.

The purpose is this:

As an avid UFO believer and daily mainstream media consumer
of primarily news network programming, I think this is the FIRST
UFO report that HAS BEEN REPORTED on a national broadcast outlet.

Local sightings sometimes get local coverage... or, if national-
like with the Phoenix Lights- it is hours if not days that we see the coverage after the event itself.

But I have NEVER seen instant, hot as coffee news on the big national news network... never.

IS THIS SOME TYPE OF TESTING or DESENSITIZATION
for the coming
D I S C L O S U R E ?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Sure the media is now not wanting to cover a story in which the Air Force says is nothing more than F-16s. I don't believe the Air Force for one second and I doubt most other people do at this point, but that isn't going to force the news media to continue covering the story if they don't want to or have been told to stop covering it...

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA just wait till everyone gets a load of Planet X..then watch what happens.

[edit on 28-1-2008 by TheSonOfMan]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I think this coverup by the Air Force has been very well designed, right down to the part played by the media. How do you hide something big from prying eyes? Give those eyes something else to look at.

I firmly believe that there Was something in the skies those nights and which was observed by many people. Sensing the "snowball effect" these sightings were starting to have, the air force brought in the media and had them give the story international attention.

Now, with this level of exposure, there wouldn't be that many people who DIDN'T hear of these events. The more people that know, the more people that believe. Tell a lie enough and people will soon think of it as truth (F-16s).

With this level of plausible-deniability, anybody who now challenges the F-16 story will look like a dolt in the eyes of the mass-consuming public because they KNOW (ergo - Fox News told them so) that it was just fighter planes.

It worked in Phoenix years ago and it's working here.

Sadly, those that believe are only left with more questions.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
tx rabbit---u hit the nail on the head

i am always telling family ufo are real,,,and they laugh and think i'm nuts----yet they don't realize how much proof and evidence exists online and are to busy or lazy or both to do the homework

since i always nag them about ufo's ,,,i walked into my gram's for dinner and it was on tv and she says---"see it was planes,f-16's"
she buys it hook line and sinker!!!!!

so i ask her----then how come for a week all military denied having any planes in the area and blamed it on commercial planes-----and last week witness say they saw a fighter type plane chasing it-----now a week later """"oh yeah, we did have planes there,,,woops""""

and see gram's didn't get any of that, she just buys the story sold to her way later

and guess what----as of now----she believes tv and still thinks i'm nuts

and i'm sure anytime i ever mention ufo sightings to her---this sotry will pop back in her head
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! right?????

those dirty, slimy b*stards!!!!!!!!!

top topics

join