It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kennedy officially endorses Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I am currently watching the official endorsement of Barack Obama by Ted Kennedy, Caroline Kennedy and Patrick Kennedy.

As soon as video and articles are up i will post links, its in progress though so it is a little too soon.

I have to say that the speech from Ted Kennedy may be the first time in my adult life that a speech from a politician has inspired hope and a sense of relief in rather than a sense of unease and more recently doom.

It was a call to act rather demanding compliance and complacency, it was a reminder of the power of the younger generation and reminder of what american ideals and politics were in another time of great change and upheavel with war, social upheaval, great overall change in the world.

I would still love to see Ron Paul in office, but at least with this, some forward momentum is being made to rally people to demand change, and not just the younger people, Ted Kennedy has a lot of pull with older liberals and even moderate Democrats.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gluetrap

Since Teddy was apparently against this Iraq war in the first place, it only seems logical from that point, that he would endorse him. People seem to be leaning more towards someone fresh, independent or less business as usual. Obama, in some weird way, reminds me of an Egyptian Pharaoh. Didn't he also say he would nominate Oprah for vice president? (right)

I can imagine Time magazine with a picture of Obama standing in front of the White House with the heading: Obama in the House?

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Obama in the House !!!
Nice one but surely Obama in Da House would sound even more cool !!! I dont live in USA but if i was i'd vote for Obama as he seems sincere and a refreshing change from the usual supsects !!

join