It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

William L. Buhlman and the Conscious OBE…do you believe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I watched to a Youtube recording of William Buhlman on Coast to Coast discussing his exploration of the out of body experience yesterday. It was refreshing to hear a sane and level-headed person speak about OBEs from a experiential and scientific perspective, while still making room for the spiritual. His idea, as I understood it, is basically that there are possibly an infinite number of density states (characterized by vibration frequencies), and this one is quite dense, with a relatively low frequency and therefore geared towards the material. The soul body, he believes, is in fact made up of layers of density states that it moves between. When we sleep we often leave our physical body to move around in the multi-verse, rising up a frequency level.

This is something I am very interested in. All my reading in the paranormal, in the sciences and my own experience tells me that he is on the right track. I would love to hear some of your opinions on the subject. Have any of you experienced out of body states? Do you think there is a link between OBEs and “alien abductions”? Shoudl this be taken seriously as a means to a more rapid evolution? What is the link between induced halucinogenic states and OBEs? What is the link between shamanic rituals and OBEs? Any comments would be welcome.

[edit on 28-1-2008 by Silenceisall]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I read his book 'Adventures Beyond the Body' and it was fantastic. I'm fairly certain I know what interview you are referring to as I've listened to it many times myself. This is the video right?

I absolutely believe it is the secret to evolving beyond where we are now. I've had one conscious oobe in my life and it lasted all of 3 seconds but I know what I experienced and I know it to be real. I keep trying to project consciously and I keep getting blocked. I have not been able to do it myself. The one oobe I had was completely spontaneous.

Last night I was fairly close. I spent a good 30 minutes in the hypnagogic state but I'm sick and everytime I would start to get buzzing I would cough and I would have to start all over again. I'm currently reading Robert Monroe's book 'Far Journeys' and that is amazing as well. I wish either William or Robert Bruce would come to my town or at least my region so I can attend a workshop.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   
never heard of the guy. As for hallucinogen induced "experiences," have you ever talked to junkies? There was this guy, Lenz, claimed to be enlightened and had quite a following but scandal over his lifestyle ruined him. He eventually ODd & died. that is not the way to go.

If I've had OBEs they are very brief and then are taken over immediately by the regular dream state. Which leaves me uncertain if they are bonafide OBEs.

[edit on 28-1-2008 by reject]

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Merryxmas: That's the one--thanks for posting it. This whole subject is particularly interesting to me since I have a lot of strange sleep stuff going on. I find myself in a lucid dreaming state often where I see figures and other things in my room. I am convinced that the multiverse is real and that this is something that humanity needs to know about. All of our wars and pettiness would melt away if we saw things from that perspective. I very happy that credible sources like Buhlman are writing good books on the subject.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Reject: I know we can't really discuss drugs here, and I would also advise against taking most of them. I would point you in the direction of Shamanic practices however, since I believe that they do tie into the whole OBE thing. What I want to know is how an halucinogenic and induced OBE differs from a natural one. Can anyone speak to that?

[edit on 28-1-2008 by Silenceisall]

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I am going to try to ressurect this because i am convinced it is a fundamental topic.

top topics

join