It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Covert bid to push US troops into Pak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This is the headline of a January 25th Article in the Time of India Link

"New approaches" appeared to be a euphemism for covert US intervention in Pakistan where anti-American sentiment is high. AP reported that the program envisages a timeline stretching to 2015.

US officials put plenty of gloss on the intervention plan to save Pakistan's face, saying a central assumption in the approach is that no such US training contribution would be made without the Pakistani government's prior approval.

But they have also indicated that Pakistan has accepted the new US plan, having left Washington with little choice as its vaunted military ceded territory to Al Qaeda and Taliban elements on its western border, amid reports of troop desertion and surrender.

I thought the same thing when I saw this reported in the US media as the US government offering Pakistan troops to help create stability and as an opportunity for their troops to be trained by US troops.

It seems quite obvious that there is an effort under way the establish a strong military presence through out the middle east region, mot likely to solidify US control over the oil producing nations, or the oil itself.

I personally can't help but wonder if the US's active engagement in sending Bhutto back to Pakistan was done intentionally knowing she would likely be killed, destabilizing the nation, and creating an opportunity for the US to enter Paksitan in a "covert" manner.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
No our government advised her not to go because of the real chance of her being killed. We need to send the army into northern Pakistan to eliminate the terrorist haven up there. India would be happy to say the least.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
"we" hell!!! you are more than welcome to send your children.
this world dominion attitude has cost too much and why?
greed? are you kidding me? leave those people alone!!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I think it would be naive to think that American and British SF aren't already operating inside of Pakistan. It's reported all the time that the Taliban cross to and from Pakistan to fight in Afghanistan. They use it as a weapons and personnel corridor so I would think that the SF of the two big countries in Afghanistan would be trying to plug those holes as much as possible.

I don't think it will be long before we see RF operational within Pakistani borders, even if they call it "for training purposes"

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

I agree with you, surly we do have SF in this country. Still this move is of a different nature all together. Having a mass of troops in a nations is quite different than a small number of SF.

This move would lead to a level of control that would not be easily accomplished by SF.

top topics

join