It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Space Signals, Mystery Objects Have West Puzzled

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Reports of mysterious unidentified flying objects and speculation that Russia would unveil new secret weapons tomorrow kept the western world on edge today on the eve of the 40th anniversary of the Bolshevik revolution.

New Space Signals, Mystery Objects have West Puzzled
The Montreal Star
11-6-1957

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I believe there was a thread about this on ATS. In 1957. Use the search.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
I'm not sure what you are getting at Frank. Are you talking about the pink object that the Australian astronomers spotted trailing Sputnik 2 while they were tracking Sputniks 1 and 2? I read about it in "The Rainbow Conspiracy" by Brad Steiger and Sherry Hansen Steiger, copyright Pinnacle Books 1994. They also talked about engineers who had recorded a tape of signals from outer space in 1956 that really peaked my interest. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by michial
I'm not sure what you are getting at Frank.

Merely, highlighting an article, i.e., a sampling of media coverage of increased UFO activity, at the time, the initial reaction to an "unknown signal from space," as well as Menzel's debunkery.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
So do you think the media was really interested in what was going on or are you sceptical of what was being reported? I personally feel that with the advances in technology, it's getting harder to tell if sightings are theirs or ours. I find the older information to be more interesting.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by michial
So do you think the media was really interested in what was going on or are you sceptical of what was being reported? I personally feel that with the advances in technology, it's getting harder to tell if sightings are theirs or ours. I find the older information to be more interesting.

Skepticism is my nature; however, I don't think there is enough data, re the article on its face, to postulate either way; at first glance it reminded of the "WOW" signal.

Because sightings (UFOs) are often times distant lights in the sky, I agree it is difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Cheers,
Frank

top topics

join