It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thoughts on Parallel Universes

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

How the hell did those couch potatoes who spontaneously combusted activate their "Kundalini"?! By mistake? WHAT did they think they were activating?

(I am not making fun of you, just so you know. ; ))

And actually, your vision makes a lot of sense to me - but more on that some other time.

It's just the "past lives" thing that bugs me... Never believed in it, not quite (and God knows I wouldn't like to... unless faced with totally irrefutable evidence, of course).

It's an interesting topic.
More on that... oh, shoe, I am repeating myself.
Again.

[edit on 27-1-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Haha no worries, never actually thought about what creates Kundalini in 'couch potatoes', I do recall having a lot of info about it a while back, but I only seem to remember the 'struck by lightning' scenario that can cause it, oh yeah, and artificial ELF bombardment. As to naturally occurring, I can't remember what starts it off. Will find out and report back

Thx

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Unless there is only the potential for these other universes, but the only one that exists is the one I'm conscious of, because only consciousness determines quantum states, not potentiality.

Right! Now I remember with WHOM I was discussing this on ATS...

(This is a reference to another, very interesting thread on the same subject, OP. ; )

And by the way: I've just remembered two more books that I find interesting, each one in its own right (they are very different): "Travels in Four Dimensions" by Robin Le Poidevin, and "The Yoga of Time Travel" by Fred Alan Wolf, who also wrote a book called - "Parallel Universes". (In fact, I think you would profit from most of Wolf's books - if you aren't familiar with them already, that is.)

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Im a Marty

All I remember is a man who was apparently sitting in his armchair... and then there was only his foot left (with a slipper and all).

Scary...
I am so glad I never wear slippers.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
It is difficult for me perhaps and others to get a grasp on what is really meant by parallel universes, and perhaps that is the question scientists ponder upon which is actually philosophy in the end. As I sit here reading this thread I have made a decision. One decision was if I wanted to respond to this thread. Now along the way, perhaps I can just muse over that particular point in time. I could have made a decision, not to respond, since I have something I have to do in the future -- and that is going to work today and also I have to shop for food. Now the few minutes I take to respond to this post changes everything else for today. If I do not respond to this thread, then I have moved up the possible time for other decisions today, because there is a time difference in any thing that is done.

So that means that when I do go out and do the other activity I have to do today, then everything has changed -- and as far as I can gather, being alert, conscious, and alive, then there are other possibilities that will come along in the future.

Now, if you think about that alone, then you can see how many possibilities alone that can exist. All these possibilites are virtual until I actually do some activity. This happens every point of the way throughout the journey of just this day. I can make a post that is shorter or longer, or still define my activity according to how important and to what priority I place on making this post, how long it will be, how much time will be involved, whether I can explain this activity to anyone else or to even myself. If I make this communication alert enough to myself, then I can even be aware of my surroundings as all of this is happening. Also then all other people are making his/her own decision also, leading to an infinite amount in theory about any activity any human is making.

Now, perhaps anyone can see that all along the way, that decisions make your day what it is. Heady stuff, I guess, as well as involving all types of time delays to myself for whatever activity I thought was placed as a priority to myself while just deciding whether to post on this thread or not, and all the variety that goes into just such an action. During the time that I am posting, I may even be aware enough to look at the clock on the wall to see how long I am taking, how much time to put into any activity, and all of this remains as my activity I started much as any time constraint I placed on any activity and in the end, I still may perhaps not be able to tell what I may be doing until I place it as a priority in any decision that I make. All of this may lead to many states of Being during the day, and even perhaps bolder decisions when I decide that the decision was important enough to make it the priority that I decided to seek during the day.

Now, there seems right now to be an endless infinite amount of decisions that may differ just in this day as apart to any other decisions I could have made, all being different decisions just because I took the time to respond to this thread. I changed everything to my reality just by this one decision on whether to post or not to post, the time constraint taken, and the activity alone with that one decision. This all leads to other decisions I will have to make just in this one day.

Perhaps that is what the scientists are saying with regards to parallel universes. Then try and imagine all the other decisions made by any person at the same time, and all the decisions made during the day.

But at this time, I do not intend to drive myself 'mad' with thinking about all these endless decisions I will have to make, just note that any decision I make results in an endless question of future decisions I will have to make.

Now the road traffic will be different, the clock time will be different as to when I leave for work, the people shopping will be different when I go shopping for food, and all the other activity along the way.

As someone I could look up wrote on the Internet a few years back, this all leads to an infinite amount of different realities, some of which are so different as to define what parallel universe you yourself put yourself in just by one decision.

Some people now have thought that parallel universe with many would all be similiar and some parallel universes would be so different as a person would describe as strange and bizarre if that person entered into that reality. An infinite amount of realities implies that in the end it would be something similiar to actually having what is termed as a Heaven or Hell in the end depending on which parallel universe one seeks to send one's awareness to and if a person remains alert than you may even know what it was that you decided to do.

Well, further thought can be held on the endless infinity of possibilites that just happened by only one decision, and there I have decided to end this post because in the end, all these posssibilites may just end up giving me a headache, so I prefer not to actually think about all the possibilites because I could spend a lifetime doing that also, but now I have decided for some reason (and it seems as yet unknown to me whether through habit or just spending more time making this post long or short) to end writing about all of this because I prefer not to give myself a headache, but prefer to not actually consciously think about all the possibilites that exist. I have to pick myself up by the bootstraps so to speak and still go on with life, as living is better than dying, and that perhaps is what the scientists really are bringing up in the end, although in a subtle way.

The power is within the person making the decision and those decisions will decide the future or fate or destiny that occurs over anyone's lifetime.
It was free will but in the end, perhaps being even fleeting away at times but all the time it should have been held in high esteem.

(and by the way the Internet Connection disconnected during this post and I had to log back onto the Internet, and that I could not stop from happening, during all of this post. It now also has affected what parallel universe I ended up in as to the future of just that one decision - whether to post or not to this thread.)

Have a nice day then!

Parallel Universes may be mind boggling!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I completely understand where you're coming from, AmoebaSized, it's something that a lot of people must think about before they begin their day, or when making a decision. They could have scheduled days and decide to do something out of schedule, but before they do it, they'll calculate and see just what it will effect later on in the day. Basically, every action we make, significant or not, effects our current reality negatively or positively, we have no control over it.

But from what I've read, they seem to mean that a literal other universe branches off and the action we didn't - the other possible actions we could have made - are played out.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I think NoHup makes a good point, and one that I think about when these threads pop up. If I am here now, my consciousness should be aware of the constantly diverging universes. I see it as a possibility scientifically, but in my mind, all those universes are full of dead bodies who have been stripped of their spirits and consciousness simply because they went another direction. The point also should be brought up that if these instances are "created" you should ask the question: By what?

Also, if the conscious knows what it intends to do in the next second, it will perform that task. Deviating unwillingly is the only way I see this being a possibility.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I dont know why its so far fetched to think there are parallel universes. Ill give you 2 examples....one think of a radio you have it on channel 99.5 one frequency....cause you have it on this wave does this mean that there are not other waves? Or another I saw on a car commercial but it makes sense if a tree falls in a forest but no one hears or sees it fall does that mean that the tree doesnt fall? If you take these 2 points of view I think it is very easy to believe there are parallel universes...I think its funny you post this thread I just saw something on this 2 nights ago on the science channel.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
hey just thought i would throw this in there...it might help your thoughts on parallel universes....

www.tenthdimension.com

my two cents

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Yes, Boswell, that seems to be what the scientist think because the math works out that way. Also the thermodynamics rules that seem to exist, energy is neither created or destroyed and I would have to look up the other two because at this moment those rules seem to escape me.

I would think perhaps that most people do not do anything totally weird in a day out of what they consider his/her acts seemingly to be normal for the day. We all eat, sleep, live according to biological needs. Then the emotions and feelings and awareness of there being something else to perceive may enter into the picture if one is willing to take the time to focus on those type of activities likely to bring about that awareness such as meditation, or self-hypnosis, or changing habits people may have gotten use to. If something out of the ordinary happens, then feelings rise up to the surface at those moments because most of us people still go through the usual regular routines of the day more then the extraordinary happens. But then, perhaps everything should be thought of as extraordinary, that life exists, that at any moment of the day, it is all extraordinary, because according to science and scientists, they can not put usual science into feelings, thoughts, and other what may be called normal activities. Therefore, the thought raises up perhaps to the possibility that parallel universes then exist because of the previous rules of science that have experimental results showing those rules to be true, on upwards to special relativity and general relativity by Einstein, and everything being relative, along with the free will to become aware of all that preception should become or be at any moment. It just seemed to amaze me that even with those kind of books I read that more people do not communicate the fact that humans are more like a receiver tuning into different aspects of the total type frequencies if one wishes to call it that, or a total cosmic relative relation to the All of the Universe. And then, one has to consider that due to being more like a receiver like a human is, then more awareness may make you more in tune with what can be picked up by all the consciousness that seems to exist, so there must be something else or else because there is so much energy, it is another set of science rules that lend oneself to thinking about it being more like a hologram and being more virtual in reality than most people are willing to admit it may be. Although with that comes along the pain and the sensitivity of a particular person, but then, perhaps a person should not try and become too sensitive or too painful or too emotional along the way and keep the intellect also in the grand scheme of the design inherent in the Universe or perhaps, the Multiverse, because there should be a natural process from a human to ascertain that it all should be in the sense of the word real because then the virtualness also becomes more along with all the real in all of the total reality.

Head stuff it becomes then, which then implies a perfectness, and then that all falls down because of uncertainty or since about 2004 with the math, Exact Uncertainty. That Exact Uncertainty does exist to fade into the reality, and then like a radio able to pick up certain stations instead of stations fading in or out of the capability of being on the edge of reception enters totally into the picture also. In the end, the range of a human is also limited as to how much totality a human can really pick up then.

Perhaps that is another way of looking at the thought about parallel universes also as being something that really exists in the reality or even in the virtualness of the Totality.

I feel right now that I am going around in circles on this subject, so I also know that actually in spacetime I am doing spirals perhaps like some dog chasing its tail in the end. Well, back to not thinking about it at all again. Those headaches may all come back, and although for the most part I do not want any, I know that there are some people who do suffer from migrane headaches and must admit that it involves a lot of pain for those type of people. Different aspects of only a part of the totality that exists then in the end, I suppose.

Whoa!

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
considering the universe is ever expanding- alot of scientists believe the idea of parallel universe's to be quite true. Although we cannot prove this- it seems logical and very well questions how much "fate" takes into play in one's life.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
This is always such an interesting subject!

Some of you would like to check his one out:QUANTUM SUICIDE

Amazing!!!

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME*

[edit on 27-1-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
well this all seems dumb.
if you take an action, then someone else in a paralell universe takes the opposite action? why wouldnt they do the same thing? do they not have free will?

making the assumption that it will be different in the other universe means that you cannot control your fate.

or not. im really just guessing,

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Ive thought long and hard about what parallel universes might be or encompass, etc.

One thought that strikes me is that there is potentially many 'parallel' universes in existence that are flowing along the same 'stream' (lack of a better word for now) that we are flowing along with. The universe as we know it is the focus point where these different variations of reality combine, whereas our universe itself can be thought of as the master mold (ie, 'how things here work), and the parallel reality that best fits that mold becomes the current reality while the others falter off and fade out of existence in some manner, either by their own accord, or through severe dysfunction of the system as a whole, or down the line to other realities for potential matching.

where this comes from is the principle of uncertainty, but there has to be at some point something that regulates it all to a degree, as in keeping everything from getting too out of whack. the parallel universes that our reality consumes and jumps back and forth from as needed to maintain a most stable state.

not make sense yet? imagine 20 tubes coming from some source all going toward a block with a shaped hole in it. only thing is, all teh tubes coming from the mysterious source are constantly morphing in their shape, they might be square, triangular, round, etc and waver back and forth between those forms. the one that fits in the 'hole' the best keeps flowing, the others bounce out of the hole and continue off somewhere else.

now, the system isn't perfect, but thats because of uncertainty. sometimes, nothing fits perfectly so we head into a stream that's 'close enough', so some small parts of the stream might not fit just perfect for an arbitrary amount of time, in which we see some of the various bits of weirdness happen.

doesn't have to do with what decisions were made or anything. it all has to do with what wave of uncertainty fits best in our current physical model. physical as in how physics, thermodynamics, etc works.

just an alternate hypothesis.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

Boswell, these links - and the site itself - may also be of some interest to you:

Time Travel Sites

(N.B.: I am not endorsing any of them - just adding material here.)

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I don't really believe in parallel universi. I believe in mulitple universi. There might be a difference.

Black holes capture energy and release that energy in white holes, hence the big bang theory. Each big bang creates a unique universe which may or may not be directly and/or indirectly connected to another universe. The point is that energy and time get recycled. Make sense?

I don't think it is possible to live in muliple universi at the same time unless physically altering the time-space fabric. Some may have found ways to do this but not the common man. If you feel you are losing time and/or existing at more than one place at the same time then your mind is probably playing tricks on you.

That is my take on "everything"!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join