It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I always remember my dreams....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Hello Everyone,

I thought I would ask the question of how frequently do you remember your dreams, every night I dream (as most people do) and every morning I remember what I dreamt, not always everything sometimes just bits and pieces. I also remember dreams I had from years ago very clearly. Just a thought, sound or something I see can bring them back. How much do you remember and how often, would love to hear your opinions...

Regards,

JQ.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I remember them about once a week at best, bits and pieces every so often........some are so dodgy, it's best I don't describe them here...

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
I remember everything, like it was just yesterday,hehehe sound like something you have heard before? But seriously, yes i do remember everything.
Dreams are but another reality to many, your almost there,keep it up.
see you there nuts.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I remember almost all the details in my dreams, which are vibrant in color, texture, sounds and smells, too. I've been journalizing these whenever I have the chance, as long as noone interrupts me while the details are still fresh in my big brain.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I always dream each night and can remember at least one solid dream or details of a dream when I wake up. It's something ive always wondered about because I can usually pull meaning out of what I dream. For example 3 nights ago I had a dream where I was outside it was a beaitful spring day, and I was in a field with vibrant green grass with all of my classmates from college. There were 2 rows of bleachers facing eachother and about 50 feet in between them. And in the middle of the area was a text book hanging just out of my reach from a rope that was just dangling from the sky. I jumped as high as I could but the book was just out of my grasp.

As it turns out I have not been able to purchase one of my text books due to unexpected expenses with my car. And with the crunch of the holiday season, tuition payments and bill for car repairs it was heavy on my mind.

Really makes me think how dreaming can be a therapy of some kind becuase for me its more than just resting up, Its almost like an alternate reality that I enjoy very much. I also remember many dreams that happened years ago but I don't always remember them until something triggers the memory. Im amazed sometimes when an event in reality can give me flashes of old dreams I have had.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BucketheadKFC

Thanks for your reply.... I think everyday events and our emotions feature alot on how we dream. Although finding the meaning behind what we dream is a lot harder, especially if images arent linked to daily events..

Thanks for all the other replies too...

Why do we remember old dreams, when I say old I mean months or years, whats the point behind this and whats the trigger, personal opinion, I think its linked to our senses, a smell, or touch if the same as in a dream once had can bring the images flooding back, why remember some and not others?

Would love to hear any views / opinions ....

off topic: BucketheadKFC, I love your username....

JQ.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I also dream very vividly, usually with a lot of colors, and tend to remember most of my dreams at least for the first hour or so of being awake. Some dreams I remember fr much longer. Almost every morning I have several dream recollections, and the weird thing is that I am often prone to nightmares/night terrors. Not to be confused with "stress/anxiety" type dreams... I mean I have those too, but the nightmares are more than just anxiety material.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 06:27 AM
link   
sometimes it is very difficult to remember my dreams - especially when i got nightmares.
i have difficutlties to get out of these dreams, when i am awake i sit in bed, know that something strange happend to me and feel my heart beating and i am really really scared.
sometimes i got the feeling after such nightmares that somebody was standing in front of my bed.

non nightmare dreams are divided into 2 groups
group 1 deals with the last day - when it has been very stressy i am catching up with everything that has happen

group 2 is the most intersting group - and i wish i could remember them easily
i guess 1 of them out of 14 or 28 days i am able to remember
but they are very vivid, finally in color (until i was about 20 i only dreamt in greyscales)
and they start to become kind of psychedelic - formerly they have been like every day life st kind of boring

like MY nightmare seems to follow one special pattern i sometimes dream that i am able to fly! but when i fly i make movements like swimming

can somebody learn to remember dreams? when waking up in the middle of the night out of an exciting dream i want to remember it but in the morning it is gone!
how do you guys deal with it?
and do dreams have meanings?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

Hiya,

To remember what Ive dreamt i use a trigger word to help recall the dream. I will try to explain how it works. When you wake up you can usually remember the dream itself or at least part of the dream before it fades away.

Now choose a word that you can associate with the image or images in the dream it has to be a simple basic word, so if you were dreaming about a red car you would think of the word red or car. Think about the word and the dream for a couple of minutes and then later in the day repeat the word and see if you can remember / recall the dream. Sometimes you have to write the word down incase you forget that. Ha Ha.

This does take a while to learn but with practise it gets easier. I can remember my dreams for a day or two without using the trigger word now. But I do use a trigger if I want to remember something a few weeks later, it doesnt always work.

It may be difficult to remember your nightmares because your mind may wish to block them anyway. The dreams of flying is linked to lucid dreaming and it shouldnt be something to be scared of. Sounds like you are entering into the world of lucid dreaming. Its all good fun and I can give you some links to other threads about this stuff (if you want them.)

cheers,

JQ.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
john don.t ask if i want links to other threads - hand them out now

i am really interesting and funny that you are mentioning a trigger word
last weekend i got a dream of a friend who recently got a baby (not unusual to dream of it but i would consider this dream not as a "dealing with last week dream " it has a certain meaning to me)
i still can recall that dream coz dreaming it the baby was taken by me to a varga-well - the word was mentioned in the dream - and i can recall how we all climbed down to the well in the basement of a house and the basement was formed like ancient ruins
it is right in front of my eyes

i don.t know what it might mean but i remember the word varga-well so lively

i was never afraid of my flying dreams i really love them
coz i was flying to places where i wanted to be and sometimes i am able to force them!

what do lucid dreaming mean to the dreamer?

yeah i want to close my nightmares away
they happend to me quiet often when i was still with my ex, since i seperated they are gone

hope i am not spamming the thread!

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Hiya,

Here are some threads related to dreams / lucid dreaming:

Studies in Lucid dreaming this is a good thread, a bit short but interesting info.

Dreams what are they? interesting thread to read.

Dream Analysis a look into the meanings behind the dreams we have.

All the threads are dead but they make good reading with interesting info.

Hope this helps,

JQ

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
thanks john

kid will be with his dad at the weekend, gives me plenty of time to read

btw. the trigger word works

last night i got a short but strange dream and while dreaming i choose a trigger word and it works!!!

do you write your dreams into a kind of diary? blog?

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Thats fantastic news about the trigger working... the more you practise the easier it will be.

Ive been doing this for a few years now and I dont write anything down anymore, I dont really need to. Although if I think the dream is important then I will write it down.

When I first started this I used to write everything down and used the written material to cross reference when I would recall my dreams through the trigger. Just to see how accurate it all was. After a while I realised the trigger word worked quite well so I stopped writing stuff down.
Im impressed that its working so quickly for you, thats good.

Cheers,

JQ

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
thanks john

it is really a good feeling

hopefully i will start to remember more and more dreams when waking up
i know that a person dreams several times a night but usually i can recall nothing at all

so i was also impressed this morning

guess i will write them down for a while - might help as well to remember
and then i have to figure out what they might mean

thanks!

love o-l

join