It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was it OOBE ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Hello members.

I was wondering if it was an OOBE which i had experienced yesterday night ?

At the middle of last night, I had a very strange feeling. I felt as if some force is trying to pull me out of my body and the pull was very strong

i did experienced this once before and remember wind rushing through my ears.

(dan)

thankx.

posted on Jan, 25 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Possibly, but you would know the answer more then any one else. Does this happen frequently?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shakesbeer
Possibly, but you would know the answer more then any one else. Does this happen frequently?

I would not say that it happens frequently and it only happened once before. Maybe... a month back.

After "being pulled out", i dont remember floating around or seeing my body, but i saw a dark room or a dark sqaure and that's it. I remeber that in my dream or whatever, i tried to resist this pull and soon wind rushed through my ear and it was back to normal. Hmm..cant actually say if its a start for me to experience a OOBE,,,though i would love to experience one soon.

Is there any way to conciously or unconciously master OOBE ?

Thanx for the quick reply shakesbeer.

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
you're most definitely welcome, I try to help where I can.

Just to get to the "good part" for you, yes you can master it.

It sounds like your consciousness was being elevated in the least, that "void" as I like to call it, or the dark room as you stated, is a very important place. It is sort of like in the Matrix where they load up on whatever guns etc they need before going into the Matrix itself. This place is where we have a strong connection to our subconscious, and because of that we can go literally anywhere in a sea of infinite & instantaneous possibility.

You will more then likely keep having these experiences as long as you want them (and sometimes when you don't), the important thing is to always remain calm. Know that you cannot physically die from anything in your sleep and fear will inhibit & hinder you. Since it does sound like you are intrigued by the experiences in the least, they might just get more intense on their own giving you more opportunity to practice control.

posted on Jan, 27 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I have had a number of OOBE's over the past few years, only once while I was fully awake and conscious. I was practicing a visualization technique in the mirror in which I stare into my eyes and try to mentally change my face into someone elses (which is interesting enough in itself) when I suddenly jumped out of my body and was standing about 5 feet behind it staring at the back of my head while my body was still looking in the mirror. At the same time I heard a number of voices talking to me saying things along the lines of "He can hear us!" and "He's done it!". It was a very weird and very fleeting experience, but enthralling at the same time. I've tried a number of times to do it again but have been unable to.
In the stage just prior to sleep onset I've had a great deal of success though. It's just as you describe, I feel myself being pulled from my body, and it is accompanied by a rush of air around my head. It is very difficult once the feeling sets in to actually allow it to happen though and that seems to take quite a bit of practice. I've found that it is relatively easy for me to get to this initial point though through focused attempts at clearing my mind and relaxing my body entirely. It's kind of like riding a bike though, once you know how to trigger the event it is like a switch you can flip in your mind. I would recommend practicing by trying loose visualizations with your eyes closed prior to bed with your body relaxed, not focusing on trying to see any one thing in particular but letting your mind wrap itself around any image that comes to it, and also letting your mind wander on to the next image without trying to hold onto any previous images. Good luck with it, it can be a pretty rewarding thing when you start to see results!

new topics

top topics

join