It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Americans really scared of their Government

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
There's a difference between fearing something not trusting something.

I don't trust anyone in a position of authority.

The government has all the guns, all the jails and has absolutely nobody to answer to. They make "mistakes" all the time and suffer no consequences. Just ask Randy Weaver.

Maybe if they didn't go around "collecting" "taxes" at gun point, serving "no-knock" warrants at the wrong addresses that get the occupier of the home killed, try as hard as they can to take what little means of protecting myself away from me I'd be more trusting but they do all of these things and worse. Frankly, I'm amazed and baffled anybody does trust the government.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
No, I do not fear my government. I am highly suspicious of my government due to what I have seen transpire particularly since BushII took office. Habeus Corpus, Patriot Act, Fema corruption, Illegal Wiretapping, Growing of 'dissident' databases, No fly lists, Torture, et all...

Whatever is coming, will come. We can not stop it. There is not sufficient suspicion nor true patriotism in this country to take actions which would serve to prevent whatever 'master plan' there is from happening.

Americans have stood idly by and allowed our Freedoms to erode.
While not a huge fan of Alex Jones, I did appreciate what he says about psychological 'doublespeak'.

"is it ok to give up our liberties for freedom" - I've asked this to quite a few people and I think 80% of the time I get a 'yes' answer.

I dont know what it's going to take to get our citizens to realize what is happening every day. Perhaps I can apply the advise of that other well known group 'something on the level of pearl harbor'

I'm sick to death of seeing the daily erosion or our 'core beliefs and freedoms' - I say, bring it on! For I feel that at some point the people will have to recognize it for what it is and take action to restore our democracy.

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Myself as a american....
AM scared to death of my goverment.

they are to sneaky .
they hide build underground base's ect...
riase tax's

have u ever had the police after you?
not cause u did something but becouse they can?
I have and it aint fun.

u can't fight the goverment.. that's a fact
if u wanted me to sit on a bus and go no sir i wont move i will lol

but call GWB out in public would be suiced/ carrer income u name it ..
yes im SKERD lol

posted on Jan, 30 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Fear not. Fear causes people do odd things, which of not all are very sane either. Our western culture is building on fears, starting from fear of death
But really, if we look how much we as a civilization spend our effort to ease our fears, we are beginning to see the pattern. What does our unwarranted fears cause to the others? More fear. Fear is self-preserving loop, but it can be stopped.

Originally posted by azzllin
I guess the silence either means everybody is afraid so wont answer, this thread is so crap its not worth answering(lets see who answers this theory first?)

And yes, this is crappy thread and people just started answering you because they don't want you to feel uncomfortable (just in case - that was a joke).

C'mon I'm the first to answer this theory, how am I gonna be rewarded?

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by azzllin

YES, I feel alot if not most people are afraid of our government. Under the patriot act we have lost alot of civil liberties. I am a federal emlpoyee, and I was in the Navy for 8 years. Most politicians I have met have the opinion that the American people, can't handle the truth, and that the American people can not make choices for themselves. There are some good politicians that are there to serve the people, but most of who I have met are negative.

There are government agencies that monitor every form of communication, and look for anything that can be construed as terroristic(patriot act). The IRS can come in and take your paychecks for taxes or fees, and they can take your house or any and everything you own, if you owe the government. They do not realise that if you take everything, and a person can not make a living, that they are losing tax revenues.

Most people that I talk to daily are afraid of the government. They feel that the government is against them, and that the government is out of touch, and too powerful. There is not any privacy anymore. I see the government alot of times hurting people rather than helping.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join