It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you dreaming of another you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I feel that sometimes when I dream, I'm dreaming of another me in another time line or another time. I thought about that when I started thinking about how twins can actually read each others minds and finish each others sentences or know when the other is in danger or hurt when they aren't around.
So when you dream don't you think you can have that telepathic connection with someone who is actually somewhere else? What does everyone else think of this theory?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Scott, I don't think it's another me, but infact me. I have actually got a complete other life whilst asleep. I go there when i choose and leave at my will. I also dream ordinary dreams like everyone else but these are different.
I think i have made reference to this other reality somewhere here before but don't remember where. Great thread, looking forward to hearing other peoples thoughts on this. see ya nuts.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Try being an identical twin. For some it's a blessing and curse. I can't say it's telepathic... but there is a perceived connectedness. Other place and time? Maybe. Sometimes our dreams were very, very similar. When your twin dies... it isn't good.

Vic

Just for fun there is some work by one fellow that is of interest and sort of parallels this theme. Here's a link to some online reading that has to do with "staring" and field theory of the mind by Rupert Sheldrake. www.sheldrake.org... It is controversial.

[edit on 23-1-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Anything is possible in dreams. And, yes, I see myself dreaming about me or I'll be in someone's body experiencing his/her/its dream and then coming out once in awhile until I wake up. So definitely people could be participating in each other's dreams.

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I've had that before I dont think it's another me it's more like me when I'm older ya know just like I'll be in familiar places but the've changed like bigger or knocked down also I had a dream that the statue of liberty was rebuilt on the edge of manhattan rather than being on liberty island like there was some terror attack in the future on The Statue and they redone it on Manhattan just remember though you really have to take all this seeing the future stuff with a pinch of salt because although they could be and most likely are real they could just be a very reallist and imaginative dream so dont dread to much on it

posted on Jan, 28 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
That whole thing about twins is bull. Pardon me for that, but it is true. People that are telepathic don't have to be a twin, and people that are twins are not always telepathic. I have a twin brother; we are feternal twins. We dont share thoughts or words, we only scream and claw at each other. We don't hate each other, but all the twin thing seems to do is make us more easily annoyed by each other. The only bond we share is wanting to suffocate each other with a pillow when the other is asleep.

I do happen to feel that way sometimes in dreams. Though, its probably just your mind putting you in situations, which is mainly what dreams are. Stories. I mean I felt that way twice. Once when I was a guy being chased by a ghost in a dream. Another when I gave birth to a dragon. I don't think there is much to the subject.

top topics

join