It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Christians living up to their beliefs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
O.K my fellow christians. Let me tell you some of the hypocritical falts I have seen with christianity in america. Let's look at your loyalties. Can you be both american and christian? I mean really I read some of the bible (you can correct me if you want) and I see that there really can't be a seperation of church and state. At least not without comprimising your beliefs. The fact is that god didn't make this world with countries. He didn't take adam and eve and take him to a country did he? He put him in a garden. The earth, you get it? He put them on the land he made without restricting them to a "county". Am I thinking too out of the box or is the idea that you belong to a country the exact opposite of what god intended?

Another irony is that people think that they can be god's "warriors". Please tell me that god made arch angels for that and not us. Otherwise i'm going to be late to the draft. We are just creations in his image. Born to serve his word peacefully. Ever heard of the ten commandments? "Thou shall not kill"? I don't think he meant "except when to push our ideology onto other people via the mass genocide of their infrerior wastes of bodies. Am one of the few who think that? I mean you see radicals preaching and I wonder if they know what there saying or if that's just the insanity they got paid to say.

People like Huckabee who say that we are god's army and that we need to change the constitution to god's standards are obviously not aware of the nonsense that they preach. God didn't have a constitution. He didn't have the same morals that we have. That's right. I just said that. God is on a level far above any of us. We cannot exist as a society if we don't realize this.

These are just my opinions. I am proud to be in america no matter how skeptical I am of the blur some people put their religion in their politics. Please don't take this as atheist slander. I just want to get to the meaning of the more complicated things in my religion.

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ent of the peoplez
Is the idea that you belong to a country the exact opposite of what god intended?

We are told all governments come from God. This does not mean they are always godly but that He desires order, structure, and a hierarchy. But he also despises corrupt governments that exploit the people so He issued a fail safe: "Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's and unto God what is God's." In essence, submit to authority unless it contradicts God. Government is never above God. We are also told to pray for those in authority. Governments are acceptable but not if they place themselves above God.

Another irony is that people think that they can be god's "warriors".

Very true. We are referred to as the light of the world, not the batons. A light meekly shines while doing it's job. It's passive. A baton is used to beat people over the head. We aren't supposed to do that. lol Vengeance is His. God is not impotent and doesn't need our help.

[edit on 1/22/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ent of the peoplez

I have an idea, why not wade through the 300,000 threads about what christians do or don't do and then, instead of running a new "here-we-go-again" thread to find the answer, why not answer it for yourself

join